- V -

Silent Reverie

Waiting was dramatically hard for Lu Han.

Sehun had been wrong. He was not cold, he was not even ashamed of being (although he should be, right?). He was not shivering due to low temperatures, but due to Sehun himself. As if Lu Han wasn’t confused enough already, Sehun made his mind spinning and his body reacting strongly. Lu Han felt excitement; Sehun did not even have to look at him, his pure presence was enough. It was almost too much.

With Sehun being gone now, Lu Han felt a bit lighter – at first. But it did not take a lot of time for him to realize that he wanted Sehun back. That it was even harder to search for a legit explanation for all of this, when all he could think of was SehunSehunSehun again. Well ok, honestly speaking this had been 99% of all he had thought of the last hours, but with Sehun being away from him, the strong longing he had felt on the streets came back.

 

Being suddenly struck by a blow of fear, Lu Han made his way up to the door, afraid Sehun might have run away. Right when he reached for the doorknob, someone opened it from the other side and he found himself face to face with a woman holding some of Sehun’s clothes. She walked through him, lay them down on the bed and left the room again, and Lu Han felt a big lump in his throat, when he realized that Sehun asked his mother about some fresh clothes in order to prevent himself from coming back to Lu Han again.

Lu Han stormed out of the room, but as predicted Sehun was nowhere to be found in his home, there were only Jongin and Sehun’s mum sitting together in the living room, and Lu Han would have ignored them and left the house to continue searching for Sehun, if he had not heard following words coming out of Sehun mother’s mouth: “Sometimes, I wish I could erase his memory from that day. It’s not fair, that he has to suffer so much because of that incident.”

“Yeah,” Jongin responded.

“It’s been nearly a year.” This time Jongin only nodded. Lu Han wondered what kind of incident Sehun had got himself into, that these two worried so much. And why weren’t they looking for him then, why did they let him leave the house in the middle of the night and in the condition he was in?

“Do you think he might have remembered…?” Jongin asked, but Lu Han did not pay any more attention to what he said. His eyes were glued on the terrace door behind the couch Jongin and Sehun’s mother were sitting on. So he did not leave after all…

 

As thought, the door was left ajar as Lu Han slipped through it. The lukewarm air of the early summer was amazingly refreshing, and Lu Han was sure Sehun must have thought the same.

There was a small path leading away from the terrace, downstairs into a nice and neat lawn. Several flowers, bushes and little trees gave the garden a magical atmosphere; the canopy swing, Sehun was sitting in, added a romantic touch to the overall picture of this calm place.

Seeing Sehun in this relaxed state made Lu Han turn around again. He understood that Sehun needed some time for himself, and now that he knew where he was, Lu Han was totally ok with giving him that. He was absolutely sure that he had not made any sound, but the “Stay where you are” was as loud and clear as if Sehun had known his presence all along. Just like back in his room, when Lu Han had thought he was still deeply sleeping.

“Come here,” Sehun said and patted on the seat right next to him. Lu Han slowly sat down on the swing, and this time he could feel the surface on it. He remembered, that that had happened before - when he had sat down on Sehun’s bed. But as soon as Sehun was out of his reach, it seemed as if he became more transparent again, and he was not able to touch any objects anymore. Sehun surely did strange things to him.

Lu Han was quickly handed the blanket Sehun had used for himself, and he blushed, as he realized that he had still not put on clothes. Oh God… just several minutes ago he was not ashamed at all, and now he was extremely embarrassed by being and in full view for the other boy. Why were things going so fast, could they not slow down for a moment?

“You found me again,” Sehun’s voice filled the silence of the night, “Pretty fast too.” Lu Han looked at his feet sliding over the grass as Sehun moved the swing slowly. “It’s funny,” he went on, “how I try to get away from you, but can’t let you go, when you try to get away from me.”

They looked at each other for a long time after what Sehun had said. There were many things that were shared through their eyes, but Lu Han could not prevent himself from saying one out loud: “I want to kiss you.”

“You know, it’s not common to kiss a stranger just like that,” Sehun answered, but his eyes flickered in anticipation and he leaned in. “But you don’t feel like a stranger to me,” Lu Han whispered and closed the short distance that had remained between their lips.

Little did he know, how much truth laid behind his words.

 

~*~

Sehun kept Lu Han in his arms, after they had kissed long enough to leave their lips red and swollen, but overall satisfied. And Lu Han talked, told him his story, and although it wasn’t long, it was full of emotions.

“So here I am,” Lu Han ended, “and I don’t know what to do.”

“You can’t remember any of the life you had before, the person you have been?” Sehun ask and Lu Han shook his head. “Do you think I’m…” he gulped, “I’m de-“ “No,” Sehun interrupted, “I don’t believe in all these ghost stories. There must be something more in your case. I mean, you being here like this is crazy enough already, but there must be a reason why. And why I’m the only one who can see you.”

“And why you make me feel all these things.” Lu Han’s pupils were kind of foggy when Sehun looked into them again. “You’re so addicting, you don’t even know how afraid I was to lose you.” “You should not feel these things, you know…for a man,” Sehun answered. “What about you then? What am I to you then?” Lu Han asked, his voice a tad louder than before. “Not a normal human being, ok…I’m fine with that. But don’t I have the features of a man too?”

“Lu Ha-“ Sehun gasped for air, as Lu Han stood up and took a few steps forward. He left the blanket on the swing and the moonlight dipped his pale skin and bright hair in a beautiful, sparkling silver. “See?” he asked, when he tried to pick up a tuft of grass and his hands only reached through. “Even these things I can’t feel when you’re not right beside me.”

 

Sehun made his way up to him in disbelief, but just as Lu Han had said – when he was only a few steps away from him, the other could take hold of the grass and he actually stood on the ground, rather than hovering above it.

“But…but when we were on the streets it wasn’t like that. I could actually walk through you, and now-“ Sehun lifted his left arm and caressed Lu Han’s soft hair. The latter sighed: “I know, but I can’t tell you why. Nothing makes sense.”

“It just feels good,” he added after a while, “When you do this. And when you kiss me. And when you’re with me. Even when you say it’s wrong.”

“It’s not wrong,” Sehun countered, “It’s just new to me. Up until now, I always thought only a girl would be able to do that to me someday. I never thought a boy would be able to.”

“I see.” Lu Han smiled, but there was more sadness in it than happiness. “Maybe we – or you – should just go to sleep for now. And maybe everything will be back to normal when the sun goes up. Maybe this is really just a dream after all.”

Hearing these words, Sehun held onto his arm, before he could leave his sight. He had made a plan. He had finally made a plan again, after all these months he had found something to take care of again and he was not so stupid to let this chance slip away.

“But if it’s not…” he began. “If it’s not a dream…” He lost himself in Lu Han’s eyes.

“… we have to find out what it is.”

“And what if it’s just a dream?”

There were a few seconds of silence, before Sehun spoke again.

“Then we will make us real.”

This time, Lu Han’s smile was radiating.