- I -

Silent Reverie

Lu Han thought.

He thought hard, standing in the middle of a street, lights sparkling all around him.

He thought really hard; tried to understand.

But what kind of reason could be given, that explains why cars were able to drive right through him and nobody cared?

Literally.

They were driving right through him. As if he was not real, as if he was air. It did not even hurt. In fact, he did not feel anything at all. And people were passing by, waiting for the traffic light to turn green for them, and when it did, they crossed the street, running right through him. Again – right through.

The worst part though was, that Lu Han was okay with this situation. Not in a logical way - because this was everything else than logical right now - but generally. He was sure that he was meant to be here like this, although he had no idea why and no memories at all. He just knew that this was the right place for him to be, as well as he knew that this was not a dream. Well, he was not too sure about this to be honest, but since when did you forget about your own identity in dreams? The only thing that had remained was his name. Lu Han. As for the rest – he had to find out.

Despite the fact that he was extremely confused and traumatized from people and things slipping through him, Lu Han was not afraid. He was surprised by himself, searching for any sign of fear in his transparent body. Normally he should freak out, shouldn’t he?

He was transparent. Nobody could see him. He could not even name the language which he used for his own thinking. He did not feel any pain. He did not know who he was, where he was, what he was. And above of all that - he was . Completely bare, yet he was not cold and he also could not bring himself to dig up at least a tiny bit of shame. Although he clearly saw that nobody else on the streets was . Maybe some women were dressed pretty revealing though. Lu Han took in the sight of long, slender legs of a girl in front of him. Nothing. He was not aroused at all.

It was indeed strange. That he knew about feelings, but could not feel them. He let out a sigh. Everything was just strange. His legs started moving on their own.

 

The night had got even darker as Lu Han came to a halt. There had been a voice. Somewhere near him. A voice, that finally made him feel something. A sudden urge. An urge to find out who this voice belonged to.

“I really don’t want to!” There it was again. It was unnaturally loud, echoing through Lu Han’s mind. He turned around, but there were definitely too many people and too many lights to get proper orientation; the noise of pulsating music somewhere in the background, cars and the chatting of other people made it even more difficult.

A tall boy with chocolate brown hair and a serious expression on his attractive face approached, dragging someone behind him. He was moving fast, exactly directed towards Lu Han. The latter sighed a second time. Not again. And then he was through him and of course it had not been that bad at all. It was just still weird for Lu Han. He would need some more time to get used to it. Although he could not remember to what he had been used to before.

Right at this moment, the person behind the tall boy broke free from the other’s grip and jerked to a halt, his face only a few centimeters away from Lu Han’s. It turned out that this person was another brown-haired, tall boy (Lu Han had to lift his head a bit in order to find his eyes), looking a bit older as the one from before, and, somehow, even more serious and…angrier.

“I said, I don’t want to!” he told the other, and Lu Han failed to listen to the further development of their conversation, as his head seemed to burst under an immense pressure. This voice.

The boy in front of him his heels abruptly, nearly running away. “Sehun,” the other one called, following him. And Lu Han automatically did the same, his heart beating like crazy, only one thought imprinted in his head. Don’t let him go.

With each step he took, the tempo of his heartbeat increased. The two boys had longer legs than him, and it was hard to keep up, but Lu Han had to. The urge was growing stronger and stronger with every second that passed.

 

They turned to the right in a smaller side street and the boys became slower, caught up in a heated discussion. “I just want to help you, Sehun!” “I don’t need any help. I’ll be fine.” “Of course, you don’t need any help. That’s why you still have nightmares and that’s why you still can’t even take a look at trains.” As the one with the dark brown hair did not get an answer, he continued, “I wanted to take you out to have some fun. It’s been a while.” “I know,” the other said, standing still. “But…not yet…I can’t, Jongin. I just can’t.” There was something so sweet, so innocent, so sad in his voice, it made Lu Han’s heart tighten. And Jongin’s too, obviously. “Ok…you’re probably right,” he admitted, looking beaten and also strongly worn out all of a sudden. As if he was having this conversations for the tenth time already; each of these times with the same frustrating outcome. “I’m sorry. Do you want to go home then? Watching a movie or something?”

Sehun slightly nodded. Suddenly, Lu Han’s eyes were led above him, catching a woman and a man making out behind an open window, dangerously near to a potted plant. The man turned her around, making her arm jolt backwards. Lu Han already saw the pot falling, and he saw Sehun’s body definitely standing on the wrong spot of the street.

Forgetting about the fact that he was not able to touch people or any other objects, Lu Han was driven forwards, reaching out his hands, a desperate “Sehun” coming out of his dry mouth.

 

And then, it was as if due to a sudden gust of wind the pot slightly changed its direction, landing about 3 feet behind the young boy. The loud clash made all three of them cringe, pale faces, wide eyes.

The boy named Jongin looked at the shattered pot in shock. Lu Han too, relieved that no drop of blood had been mixed in the scattered pieces and the small mounds of dark flower soil. He was still not sure about how he had managed to do this, and if he was the one who had done this at all, but he did not care. He was safe. Sehun was safe.

Lu Han tore his eyes away from the ground, taking in the sight of a still frozen Sehun. Lu Han noticed, that he had not moved even a little bit. He seemed to ignore all of the hasty words Jongin gave him, the pot did not seem to bother him either.

Because all he did in this moment - this incredible moment - was looking at Lu Han.

 

 

 

 

 


That's it for the first chapter and everything is so confusing xD. Unfortunately, I won't be able to upload on the weekend, I'll be away until Sunday evening.

Have nice days everyone, and thx♥ for reading!

XXX, RaiCo