- III -

Silent Reverie

Sehun had his hands all over a girl’s body, five minutes after Jongin had (enthusiastically) pushed him into this club. He could feel the confused looks the latter sent him, obviously surprised by his rude behavior, but Sehun had other things to worry about.

His own name, for example.

Sehun.

He pressed her even closer to his body, catching her opened lips with his own.

Sehun.

He could hear it so clearly. As if this someone was right next to him, as if he just needed to turn around to look into these eyes again.

Well, he did not even need to do that, because in the next second this mysterious blonde-haired being stood around two steps behind the girl he was holding in his arms and stared at him with such an intensity that he was sure he would catch fire at any moment.

“Go away!” he whispered harshly into the kiss, trying to keep his focus on the girl, which – of course – was harder than he’d assumed. Especially, when the female part of the duo misunderstood his little attempt to get a transparent young man out of his sight.

“What?” she snapped after freeing herself from him, her voice clearly too shrill for his own liking. Why did he chose her again? Oh yeah, right. She had been the first he ran into when he walked into this club. And her promising smile had told him that she might be the right one to help him with getting a good distraction. She better stuck to that.

“Nothing,” Sehun answered, bringing her closer again, “Not you,” and with that he closed his eyes and captured her lips for the second time this evening. He was surprised that it actually felt quite good this time. The taste was not so much of alcohol and cigarettes anymore, and her lips seemed to be fuller, softer. He leaned more into the kiss, nibbling, gently , and bringing his hands up to warm cheeks.

They kissed like this for a while, with Sehun forgetting the world around him. As he slowly opened his eyes again, lips still in contact with the other ones, he saw long dark eyelashes and beautiful pale skin – without any makeup.

He just needed a short amount of time to understand what was going on, but it was long enough for the girl to back off and to leave him with the blonde boy’s lips alone. And even if it was just for a second that he held on to them, he still did, and it made him realize that it wasn’t the girl, who he had enjoyed kissing.

Sehun turned his head away and withdrew his hands, but the boy in front of him remained like he was – eyes closed, lips red and slightly parted, hands on (or halfway in) Sehun’s chest and he looked nothing but amazingly beautiful like that. And maybe Sehun was already starting to imagine (more strange) things, but didn’t he seem a bit more alive, more real than before?

Just when he wanted to test if he could really touch him, the girl was against him again, nearly completely covering the blonde boy, whom she obviously could not see, with her dominant presence.

“You’re such a good kisser,” she whispered into his ear, and suddenly Sehun felt so disgusted, he needed to get out of here. With a sharp “Sorry” he shoved her away, waking the blonde boy from his trance, but there was no time to care about this anymore. He had to think normally again, and for that he needed fresh air, and maybe something to sit down. And maybe he’d really had too much alcohol (although he couldn’t remember drinking any), because there were stars dancing around him; the music pulsated through his whole body, making him heavy and light at the same time.

He noticed Jongin coming up to him and the girl’s fingers around his wrist, turning him around, making him see that the blonde boy was gone. He tried to look for him, to find a way through all the stars and people and loud music.

But the pain in his head was too much already, and just as he felt Jongin’s hands on his shoulder, he saw black and his legs gave in.

 

~*~

Now, that was not what Lu Han had had in mind.

He had actually just wanted to scare him a bit with his sudden appearance, but this Sehun had not reacted the way he had assumed he would. And then there had been so many feelings at the same time, and maybe he had overreacted a bit, but he could not change it anymore, and now they were in this dilemma – with Sehun lying nearly comatose in his bed and Lu Han sitting at the other end of the room not knowing what to do.

Jongin had just left, searching for some water – probably a request Sehun had babbled into his ear earlier – and Lu Han prayed that he would be back as soon as possible, because he did not want to be the first person Sehun laid his eyes on after waking up. He would most likely just fall back into his almost coma again.

He heard Jongin speaking to Sehun’s mum, who seemed to be surprisingly calm about what had happened, and Sehun shifted himself all of a sudden, startling Lu Han. Oh please, Jongin come back, please, please, plea- He paused for a moment. Wait, why don’t I just leave?

Lu Han could have hit himself for being so stupid – if he only were somehow touchable. He stood up – well, more like hovering, because apparently he was able to go through walls and floors and ceilings and whatsoever – and made an attempt to turn around and look for some save place where he could wait. As said, he made.

“Stay where you are.”

Oh dear God, if there is one, Lu Han thought as Sehun lifted his upper body from the bed’s surface and eyed him thoroughly.

“Who are you?”

“I’m not here to hurt anyone!” Lu Han answered in an early attempt to defend himself, taking a step forward, regretting it instantly as Sehun rose one eyebrow at his behavior. “Oh right, I assumed so, you just tried to give me a heart attack, no big deal.”

Lu Han felt his cheeks burn as he was reminded of the incident in the building full of loud music and dancing people. “I really did not mean to!”

“Of course. The only creepy thing you did was letting me go right through you, then following me, then looking at me as if you were ready to kill, then standing inside of this girl, then ki-,” Sehun gasped for air, “…then being here in my room, and no, you’re totally right, you did not mean to at all.” In Lu Han’s opinion, he talked pretty much for someone who fainted not too long ago. “I know, I’m really so-“

“Who…,” Sehun interrupted him immediately, “no…what are you?”

Lu Han remained silent. What was he supposed to say, when he did not even know the answer himself? “Answer me.” He noticed Sehun leaving the bed, but he still did not open his mouth. “Answer me.” Sehun walked up to him, a bit wobbly but steady enough. He came nearer and nearer, and Lu Han knew that it was time to say something, but he could not give him anything except for the unsatisfying truth.

“I don’t know. I don’t know, ok? I mean, I’m confused my-“

He tried hard to express what he was going through, he really tried to carefully lead Sehun through this chaos in his head. He was giving his best in putting it into words, but he only had the chance to tell him the very beginning.

For the rest of his words, there was no space to reach the air anymore. All they did was landing on lips soft like cotton and warm like this sudden tingling feeling in his stomach.