- II -

Silent Reverie

Sehun recognized the noise of something shattering behind him.

He heard Jongin’s voice, which was higher than usual.

He knew that something bad had happened, Jongin stammering a husky “that was close”, but Sehun did not turn around to find out about it. There was something else going on – right in front of him.

The boy’s hair was of a golden blonde, his skin looked clean and soft, his pretty face was dominated by gentle, brown eyes looking up to him. Both stared at each other, equally surprised and unaware of what to do, until Jongin came in between and took the place of the blonde boy, shaking Sehun’s shoulders.

“Sehun,” he said, “Hey, Sehun.” It took a few more Sehun’s and even more of those Hey’s until Sehun reacted with a confused “Y-yes?”, not taking his eyes off the blonde boy, who still stood there – inside of Jongin, who did not seem to notice at all.

“Are you ok? Gosh, that was ing close. How can people be so reckless, I really don’t get it, just a few steps closer and-“

“Jongin?” “Hm?”

Sehun dragged him aside, so that the blonde boy was fully visible again, although he still looked slightly…transparent (as if this whole thing wasn’t weird enough already). Sehun used one arm to point at him and asked: “Who’s this?” Jongin’s eyes followed his finger, and when they came back to meet Sehun’s, he knew that he had better not said a word. “What do you mean?”

 

Sehun turned his head. The boy was still there, in the exact same position, almost frozen. And his finger was not only pointing at him, the tip of it already merged with the boy’s right cheek. As if he was burned, Sehun withdraw his hand quickly, taking a step back, followed by a worried Jongin. “Are you sure you’re ok? The pot did not hit you anywhere?” Sehun did something in between shaking his head and nodding, and Jongin sighed. “Please, not another trauma, one is more than enough already.” As Sehun surprisingly did not become angry about his statement, Jongin grabbed his arm – harder than necessary - and it had the wanted effect on Sehun, who flinched in pain: “Ouch, why-“ “Forget about going home.” “W-what?” “You’re coming with me!” Jongin dragged Sehun forwards, and only in the very last moment, Sehun could prevent himself from collapsing with the blonde boy, freeing his arm from Jongin’s hand – just for a few seconds though. Not quite a blink of an eye later, Jongin had grabbed him again.

“I don’t want to, Jongin!” “And I don’t care.” “What? Are you-“, Sehun’s protest ended in a shocked yelp as Jongin pulled on his arm; caused him to step through the boy in front of him – right through him.

And for a short – a very short – period of time, it was as if Sehun was not only Sehun anymore. He felt his heart beating as loud as two, he breathed a different air, he saw through another person’s eyes and he heard a beautiful voice, calling his name.

Even when he and Jongin were around the next corner, and Sehun was losing sight of the blonde boy, he could still hear his voice echoing through his own mind and body, filling him up to his fingertips and toes in a warm shower of emotions.

Sehun.

Sehun.

Sehun.

 

~*~

Lu Han was even more confused than before (which he had not known was possible); therefore he let some seconds pass, overwhelmed by Sehun’s reaction to him. Then, he followed the two boys again.

It’s not like he wanted to – hell, what he wanted was nothing but clarity – but there were some strange inner instincts, that lead him to this boy. The first person, who was able to actually see him. If that was not a sign, then what? Plus, those instincts became bigger and bigger and made him finally feel something. If he was on his path to being normal like other people, then doing this should be right…right?

The longer Lu Han went after them, the louder the pulsating sound of music grew and the more and more people were making their way towards them, past them, through him.

By this time, he was already ok with it – but being ok with it did not mean that it was ok. It was still strange; let him have a tiny bit of knowledge what the feeling fear might actually feel like, and he would have preferred to turn around and hide in some place where he could have some moments for him alone, but this damn need inside of him wouldn’t let him do that. There was a constant SehunSehunSehun in his head, making it even worse.

The two boys in front of him entered a building. Sehun was still struggling and arguing with Jongin, but all the protests rebounded on the solid wall Jongin had built around him. He was extremely determined to give his friend some distraction from…from what actually? From the shock he suffered from due to seeing and touching (well more like reaching through) a transparent – and hopefully - human being?

 

Just a second, just a second, Lu Han tried to gather some useful thoughts, how am I going to do this? Of course, he could just go in and let the boy see him again, but maybe this was not one very smart idea in front of so many people. Based on the amount of young men and women who walked into this house, it should be pretty crowded inside. He could not take this risk, he did not want anyone to get into trouble because of him. Just watching Sehun should work though. Just watching. Secretly.

Lu Han was sure his plan would be successful. For the time being, he would just have an eye on the boy, he would not make himself visible for him. He needed him, himself and all the others to be save from any unnecessary incidents. He simply would just wait for a while, analyzing him and following him home afterwards, probably letting him take his sleep before he would appear again. And that would be the right time for him to try talking to the other – in private.

A good plan, definitely, Lu Han thought. And then he did not think anything more, as he saw Sehun doing something that led to another (new) feeling, at first pooling in his stomach, then slowly reaching for his other body parts, spreading with the temperament of a wildfire.

Anger.

He did not know where this anger had come from so suddenly, and why it seemed to completely fill up his inner self – mind and body - but Lu Han noticed that it tried to make some change in the plans he just had. A change he strangely welcomed.

There was one more thing he actually wanted now – and that was, to take a risk.

 

 

 

 

 


Look who is updating xD I almost finished writing this story today, so I decided to upload another chapter before I'll be away for the weekend.

Thanksies (that is not even a word, I'm aware of that) for reading ♥

XXX, RaiCo