- Prologue -

Silent Reverie

Sehun felt the rattling of the train under him, gently rocking him to sleep.

Visiting Busan every summer was nice, nice but tiring. The air was different in Busan; it made him stay up for too long, almost every night. The sun in Busan was different too. Sehun had met many nice people under this sun and he had managed to visit them for a few weeks every year since then. Why he always came in summer? Sehun couldn’t quite grasp a reason himself. He simply knew, that summer was the right choice.

To him, summer in Busan was just nice.

Sehun yawned, his eyes closed, his mind still trapped somewhere between waking up and falling back into his dreams. His neck hurt a bit, but he found himself too lazy to care. After all, hallucinating pictures of extremely delicious Dongnae pajeon (he swore, his uncle’s wife cooked like no other) was a pretty good distraction.

Not from everything though. He soon noticed first signs of having pins and needles in his right leg and that was something even dreams of food could not help him to ignore. Sehun grumbled angrily and lifted his eyelids, cursing as the bright light of the sun outside overwhelmed him.

Taking in the landscape the train rode through, he noticed that they would arrive in Daegu in a couple of minutes. He had never been there before, except for travelling through it. While thinking about spending some days in Daegu next year, he was interrupted by a sudden pressure in his abdomen. Damn these two cups of coffee I had for breakfast, he thought, pulling a face.

Sehun stood up (luckily there was no one sitting next to him he had to apologize to) and, right in the last moment, he prevented himself from crying out loud by biting on his tongue, which - of course - caused even more pain. What the…

The prickling in his right leg became almost unbearable for a moment and Sehun took the next steps very carefully, avoiding eye contact with the other guests on the train on purpose. He felt embarrassed enough already – getting attention caused him to feel awkward and he did not like that. He did not like all eyes on him, he did not like the whispers he thought to hear - he did not like them at all.

 

When he came back, something was not as it had been before. He felt slightly queasy; hurried over to his seat and closed his eyes while leaning back, afraid of becoming too dizzy from this odd sensation.

It did not take long and the train came to a halt in Daegu. As the ride was continued, Sehun had enough of trying to get back to sleep. The strange queasiness had not left yet and it kept him from calming down. He needed to distract himself in another way. Not through sleep. There were times when only closing your eyes was not helpful enough to shut out the world around you. And now was one of these times.

Sehun had never been the type of an enthusiastic reader, so there were no books in his bag. But he had an iPod. And he loved music.

 

He used both of his hands to rummage through his bag, searching for his target, eyes wandering around the train. He usually did not pay much attention to the other guests - he spent most of the time with sleeping anyway. On this day though, it was like someone lead him to. Or something. Something like a sudden instinct, telling him to scan his surrounding area thoroughly.

He spotted a family some rows ahead. There was an old man in front of him, reading the newspaper - the sports pages. Sehun also found a pretty girl with curly dark hair, wearing a flouncy dress. And he found a liking in the dark blue converse of the person who was sitting in the row to the right of him. He remembered his own, which were more than just worn out already. I should ask my parents to buy me new ones for Chri-

There was a scream.

Short.

Shrill.

Not too loud, but loud enough for him to stop looking for his iPod and piercing enough to turn his head.

For a moment, it was like time stood still as he saw the young man behind him. He was probably in the middle of his twenties, and he seemed to be quite nervous with his sharp eyes and trembling lips.

Then, Sehun saw the gun in his hands, and how his hands were shaking from excitement.

And one long second later, all hell broke loose.

 

 

 

 

 


Here's the prologue, friends! Are you confused already? GOOD, that's what I want ;P

I tagged this story under 'fantasy', but let me tell you: this is not a fantasy story with dragons and sorcerers (although that would be crazy cool too xD). It's more on the...hmm...let's say 'psychological' side (I'm still not sure how to call it OTL), therefore the fantasy impact won't be too much. But I used this tag, because the storyline might still be a bit too surreal for a simple contemporary plot.

That being said, I hope that I've awakened your curiosity! :3 Chapter One will be up tomorrow!

XXX, RaiCo

PS: I wrote this prologue a year ago, I feel like my writing style has changed O.o

PPS: Oh, and what do you think about the poster? I was so happy, when I saw it (it fits my story so well, really!). *o*