RMB - 9

The Rivals meet the Best Friends

Chanhee watched Niel at work. Niel certainly looked better after he had that talk with Jonghyun two weeks before. After LJOE’s comeback party, Niel had been quiet than usual in the studio, and occasionally Chanhee caught a strange, sad sort of expression on his face. Niel had refused to talk about it too, always thanking Chanhee for his concern, and then saying he just didn’t want to discuss it.

 

“Niel, Byung’s invited us for lunch. Do you want to go?”

 

Niel looked up from his desk, a coloured marker in hand. “Today? What day is it today?”

 

“Mm…” Niel checked the calendar on his table. “Friday.”

 

“Oh, then I can’t. Jonghyun’s taking me to lunch today. Sorry.”

 

“Ah,” said Chanhee. “It’s all right. I’ll go with him myself.”

 

Niel felt slightly relieved. Niel was not any happier with Byunghun than he had been three weeks ago, and had little desire to see him still. Niel would much rather see Jonghyun. A glance at the clock told him there was about forty-five minutes before he was due to go and meet him.

I should probably leave soon…

 

The telephone rang, the blinking light indicating a call from the secretary’s desk. Niel pressed the speakerphone mode button.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Mr. Ahn, there’s someone here to see you. Mr. Jonghyun.”

 

“Oh?” Wasn’t I supposed to meet him at the restaurant? “Send him in.”

 

Niel got up to open the door. Chanhee looked up from his work. Chanhee had met the known dance choreographer a few times, and liked him. Jonghyun had a pleasant, manly and matured attitude that was appealing. But before Niel reached the door, there was a crisp tap on it and then it swung open. Instead of Jonghyun, there stood someone else. Niel gasped audibly.

 

“wussup?.” Minhyun grinned, leaning on the door. “Niellie, long time no see.”

 

Niel let out something like a half-shriek that Chanhee had never heard from him before, and exclaimed, “Min!!” For once, the usually mannered Ahn Daniel dropped his politeness and all but threw himself at the tall man milky white lad, who caught him in his arms and spun him round, to the amusement and curiosity of some of their staff.

 

“You’ve gotten a bit lighter,” Minhyun remarked, putting Niel down. “Did you decide to lose weight again?”

 

Niel pouted cutely at Minhyun, but the latter just laughed.

 

“Hwang Minhyun! When did you come?” asked Niel. “Why are you here anyway? Where are you staying? How –”

 

“Whoa… Slow down. I just arrived this morning. I’ll be staying at Jonghyun’s.” Minhyun jerked a thumb in the direction of Jonghyun, who had been standing behind them.

 

“Is this your doing, Jonghyun?” said Niel.

 

Jonghyun laughed.

 

“In a way, it is his doing,” said Minhyun, draping an arm over Jonghyun. “This guy here told me he has a friend who wants his son to have private vocal lessons before an overseas recital, and he’s recommended me for the job.”

 

“Really? But isn’t it troublesome for you?”

 

“Aaah. It’s only a short-term thing.” Minhyun waved his hand airily. “Just weekends for about a month or so. I’m going to meet this person later and see if we can agree on the fee. It’d be a good change to do a bit of travelling. And it’d be good to see both of you more often too.”

 

“That’d be great! But” – Niel turned to the other man – “what have you done this time, Changjo? You’re behind this, I know.”

 

“I just thought you might like to see Minyeo again. And I really do have a friend who wants his son to have private vocal lessons,” protested Jonghyun. That is, after I talked him into thinking that the lessons were really necessary, he added silently.

 

Daniel didn’t look like he believed him entirely, but then Jonghyun hadn’t expected him too. They knew each other well enough to at least suspect when one or the other was involved in something sneaky. But his plan had worked, so he was satisfied. Niel wouldn’t kill him for this, anyway.

 

Chanhee watched them, a smile on his face. Niel’s transformation at the sight of his old friend was amazing. Before the door opened, Niel was normal – neither happy nor sad – but the minute Niel saw the tall lad, it was as if a light had been inside him.

 

Looking at the newcomer, Chanhee thought, So this is Hwang Minhyun. Chanhee had heard a lot about him from Niel, and had seen some photographs, but had never seen him in person since Minhyun is residing in Busan when he became friends with Niel. Niel even attempt to be matchmaker for them when Minhyun called years ago that he have broken up with his gf already which the later declined that he will let his heart rest for awhile. Minhyun is more taller than Jonghyun, 2:2 style black-haired and glowing milky-white skin far difference from both Niel and Jonghyun. Now, seeing him in person, Minhyun is definitely handsomely perfect.

  

Niel had pulled both of them into the studio and shut the door. Niel introduced Minhyun to Chanhee.

 

“Lee Chanhee, nice to meet you,” Minhyun said, shaking his hand. “I’ve heard a good deal about you.”

 

“And I’ve heard many, many things about you,” Chanhee said in return, privately observing that up close he seemed twice as attractive as before, and at the same time being captivated into staring at his lips. Chanhee immediately shook his thoughts.

 

“Do you want to join us for lunch?” asked Niel, who was evidently in a shining mood now, and seemed to have forgotten that Chanhee already had another arrangement.

 

Chanhee thanked him, but declined, reminding Niel of his prior plans. Besides, Chanhee didn’t want to interrupt the little reunion. Chanhee knew Niel hadn’t seen Minhyun in a year and had missed his Busan friend quite badly – the way Niel had reacted to seeing Minhyun confirmed that. Niel wouldn’t have disliked having him at lunch, he knew, but Chanhee didn’t want to disturb the three of them anyway. Chanhee shooed them out of the studio, telling them to go and enjoy their lunch.

 

Catching hold of Jonghyun before he walked off, Chanhee said, “Have a long lunch. Tell Daniel it’s okay. We’re not rushing anything today anyway.”

 

Jonghyun looked at Chanhee and his gentle smile grew. “Thanks.”

 

Chanhee waved him off and set about getting ready for his own lunch appointment. Their secretary came in holding some letters for him and asked, “Was that Mr. Ahn’s lover?”

 

“What?”

 

“That man he called Minhyun. Was his boyfriend?”

 

“No, no,” said Chanhee, laughing. “He’s just an old friend.”

 

“Oh.”

 

Chanhee looked at the secretary’s face and laughed even more. “I swear, Lizzy, you look like you’ve just lost the gossip item of the month.”

 

“Well, it would have been interesting,” said Lizzy. “Most of us thought Mr. Bang Minsoo was the one, but then we’ve never seen Mr. Ahn behave like that with him before.”

 

“As far as I know they’re just old friends. Jonghyun and Minhyun are some of his old best friends and classmates in the Academy, in fact. So it makes sense to me that Niel was like that.” But Chanhee thought Lizzy did have a point. Niel seemed much more open with Jonghyun and Minhyun. And speaking of Minsoo… Chanhee hadn’t seen him for a while. He couldn’t recall Niel talking much about him either in recent days. 

 

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

A/N: here is another update I hope you like it.

Added my other adeul from Nuest for RMB... kekekeke coz he is so perfect to me..

any NU*EST fans here??

I'm Chunjoe deprived nowadays.. huhuhuhu it makes me sad..

so I'm working on Chunjoe for the next chapter ^_^

ThanKYU for reading and please leave a comment too..

-----> Chanhee's Eomma