RMB - 15

The Rivals meet the Best Friends

Jonghyun didn’t know what to do with this new development. Good thing Minhyun had gone home that morning. He needed to think. He felt like he was torn in all sorts of inconvenient directions. Jonghyun wanted Minsoo to hurry up and make a move already – for his good and Niel’s. And now his partner-in-crime had done the most inconvenient thing and developed actual romantic feelings for their other best friend.

What would Niel say if he knew? He didn’t know. They had never been in such a situation. Chances were he’d think they were joking with him. If Niel took them seriously, no telling what would happen. But he imagined it would create a good deal of awkwardness for Niel, especially since he didn’t seem to have lost any significant amount of emotion for Minsoo.

Jonghyun knew that it was rather hopeless for Minhyun unless Niel got over Minsoo. And he knew Minhyun knew that too. It was probably a good thing Minhyun had not yet reached that point of romantic love. It was early days yet. But no matter what he said, Jonghyun saw from the way he talked that he was edging closer to actually falling in love with Niel.

Argh. Minhyun was supposed to help, not overturn all their plans! Not that he could blame him, really. There were just some things that were too unpredictable. But what was Jonghyun to do now, torn three ways between Niel , Minhyun and Minsoo? He couldn’t take sides. He didn’t know which side to take. Jonghyun shook his head crazily, now he wished his Changhyun is with him.

Just in cue Jonghyun phone rung and he smiled when he heard the happy voice of his lover.

“Hi Baby!!! Appa approved my trip for vacation back in Korea.I’m super duper happy!!” Changhyun squealed happily.

“I’m super duper happy too!! I’m sure Niel will be ha~~~~”

“No baby… I want to surprise Niel, plus, I want to spend my vacation with you more. I miss you much.” Changhyun said with a hint of aegyo on the later part.

After all this years, Changhyun aegyo still makes Jonghyun heart flutter. Changhyun completes him and they were perfect for each other. They been in a rocky start – with Changhyun parents against them and the people who judged him- before but it makes their love strong. He fights for his love was determined to never ever let go of Changhyun. Now, he wish his friend Minsoo will act fast on his feelings too or he might lose Niel someday.

 

 

***

 

“Ow, my feet ache,” complained Chanhee , stretching his aching legs.

 

“Well, you did dance like half the night after they the music,” said Niel . “You danced way more than I did. I was amazed you lasted so many dances.”

 

“It was fun, that’s why.”

 

“I had fun too, but I guess I didn’t have as many partners as you,” joked Niel , opening a drawer and rummaging for his black pen.

 

“That doesn’t make any difference. I’ll bet you enjoyed yourself as much as I did, even if you only danced with – who did you dance with anyway? I remember Jonghyun…”

 

“Only Jonghyun and Minhyun. Sungyeol took me for a round too.”

 

Chanhee looked at Niel. “And… Minsoo?”

 

“Oh, he didn’t seem to want to dance.” Niel opened another drawer and muttered, “Where’s that dratted pen?”

 

Chanhee sensed that it was not a subject Niel was keen to discuss anymore and turned back to his own work. Chanhee picked up his pencil and was about to start drawing when Niel’s next comment made him stop mid-line.

 

“Hey, did you ask Byunghun to apologise to Minhyun and Me?”

 

“Huh? Apologise?”

 

Chanhee gave Niel a strange look. “I’ll take it you didn’t.”

 

Chanhee’s expression changed from puzzlement to utter stupefaction as Niel related it to him. “And even then, I half thought he wouldn’t actually come to speak to me again,” said Niel . “But he did. Byunghun talked to the others too. And overall was decently nice compared to his usual high-handed ways. Byunghun not one of my favourite people, but last night he was more bearable than usual.” Niel looked up from his drawing and cast suddenly keen eyes on Chanhee, who had confusion written all over his small face. “I think your last lecture to him had more effect than you know, Chan.”

 

With that, Niel returned to his work. Niel thought Chanhee’s expression was priceless, but he felt it wasn’t a time to laugh outright at it. Niel just had to chuckle over it quietly. It was evident he had given Chanhee a lot to think about.

 

Ljoe? Apologise? The two didn’t seem to go together. Especially when you added someone he defined as below him. Chanhee stared at the pencil in his hand. Byunghun had apologised to Minhyun? And he had been nice to Minsoo? He doesn’t even cause a must scene last night on his dance partners…

 

Chanhee didn’t understand. Had Byunghun done it because of what he said? Why now, all of a sudden? Chanhee pointed out his obnoxious and snobbish ways so very many times over the years but he hadn’t really listened well. He must have given Byunghun a bigger shock than he thought this time. 

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

A/N: here is my first update on 2016!!!

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Embedded image permalink

ThanKYU for reading and please leave a comment too..

-----> Chanhee's Eomma