RMB - 5

The Rivals meet the Best Friends

Niel stared at the text message on Chanhee’s hand phone. He blinked at the words, and then looked up at his friend.

 

“What’s this about?” he asked.

 

“I don’t know,” replied Chanhee, glaring irritably at the message. “Some random idea of his, I’ll bet. Probably engineered to show off his wealth and being famous.” He rolled his eyes. “A garden party for his comeback.. Really…”

 

“I can go, but I can’t bring a date!”

 

“Can’t you ask Jonghyun ?”

 

“He won’t be around then – he’ll be practicing for SS501 last concert. I think he said he’d be going to JAPAN for that one…”

 

“Oh. Minhyun?”

 

“Are you mad?” Niel gave him an incredulous look. “I’m not going to ask him to come all the way from Busan just for that!”

 

“Minsoo then.”

 

Niel looked horrified. “I can’t!”

 

“Just ask him as a favour, since you’d be doing this to oblige me and that idiot has stipulated that you must have a date.” Chanhee sat down in his chair and sighed. “Be glad that at least you have a choice. He’s all but ordered me to attend as his date.”

 

“Can’t you refuse to go?”

 

“I wish I could, but G-Dragon going to be there, and I know he’ll only be around for about three days before he goes back to New York again. I haven’t seen him for a year and I won’t be able to see him otherwise! If you recall, He have endorsed our winter design overseas and I’m planning for us to organize and open a branch in the US too. He will be a great help you know.”

 

Now it was Neil’s turn to sigh. Lee Byunghun could not have arranged it better if he had done it on purpose. To have it at one of the busiest times of the year for them, and that Chanhee’s fave model and Ljoe’s first cousin – Kwon Jiyong aka GDragon, would be in attendance too! It occurred to him that he might have done it on purpose to make sure that Chanhee would go. It seemed suspicious enough to him. But, he thought, there’s no reason to drag me into this too! Argh…

 

“Can I not go?”

 

“No, you can’t! You have to come. He says he has some people who want to meet both of us. Can’t miss a chance to gain new clients.”

 

“But – ”

 

“Just ask Minsoo or JR or one of your other friends.”

 

“JR has a very possessive partner. Minki will bury me alive. I still can’t die! And Kevin isn’t even in Korea…”

 

“Just ask Minsoo,” said Chanhee, resolutely. “I don’t think he’ll say no if he’s free on that day. Besides, you’d like going with him a lot better than with the others, right?”

 

“That’s why I can’t ask! You know that!” protested Niel.

 

“If you don’t ask him, I’ll ask him for you.”

 

“No!” If anything, having Chanhee ask for him was worse than asking Minsoo himself. No telling what sort of impression he would get from that.

 

***

A timid knock on the door made him look up. It was the new intern he just hired.

 

“Uhm, Mr. Bang?”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Mr. Yoo asked me to leave these papers with you. He said to pass them back to him by the end of the day.”

 

“I see. Just leave put them over here,” he said, indicating one side of the table with his hand. “Thank you.”

 

When the young intern left, Minsoo’s thoughts returned to the message he had just gotten from Niel, asking him if he could do him the favour of accompanying him to Ljoe’s comeback party, and listing briefly why he had to go. That was followed by an apology characteristically Niel: … So sorry to bother you about it, but I don’t know who else to ask. It’s okay if you can’t or don’t want to go. Really. ^_^ Just let me know.

 

Minsoo didn’t need to check his planner. He already knew that he was free on that day. Byunghun had made sure of that.

 

“I can’t be sure of what Jonghyun will be doing on that day,” Byunghun had said when Minsoo brought up the possibility that Niel might ask the known dance choreographer instead. “But at least I can be sure that you will be free. It will be a chance if that Jonghyun will not available at the time. And so when he asks you, you had better agree, Minsoo.”

 

Under normal circumstances, Minsoo thought he might have actually refused it – just to annoy Byunghun. He didn’t like being dictated most especially by his own middle school rival. But it looked as though Niel was clearly in desperate. He only got very apologetic about asking favours when he was truly out of options, and from his message, it appeared that he stood to lose potential clients if he didn’t go. He knew Niel wouldn’t be too happy if they lost potential clients. Niel was a good person, but perhaps a bit too business-minded at times.

  

Damn, that Ljoe was good.

 

In one , he had managed to set things such that (a) Lee Chanhee would almost certainly not be able to refuse to go to his party, (b) Niel would be obligated to go as well, (c) Minsoo would very likely end up attending it with Niel, and that (d) Minsoo could not refuse to attend with Niel for his sake. It was all based on possibilities, there being every chance that Chanhee would not go, and therefore Neil would not need to go either, or that Niel would ask someone else instead of Minsoo. Yet somehow, it had worked.

 

*****************************************************************

A/N: another update... I hope you like it angels... I just put up some of my random fave otp's out there.. so? kekekkeke... anyway, its a happy day since in a few hours it will be my baby adeul birthday... aigoooooo.... Happy Birthday Chanhee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eomma loves you.. kekekekkke..

anyway, don't forget to leave a comment below..  ----> chanhee's eomma...

 

Ohhh.. I added some minor random OTP's in this fic and more to be added in the upcoming chapters. a spoiler to the next chapter is a party.. and I'm a little bit confuse about it... I'm gonna add Chanyeol on the next chapter too so I'm gonna ask who do you want Chanyeol to be pair with (he is a player here) ??

an OC girl ?? or another .. If , i was wondering since I'm little disappointed with baekhyun (T_T), any other EXO member to be pair with him (except xiuhan) ?? i need some suggestions please??