RMB - 14

The Rivals meet the Best Friends

 

 

Niel groaned when he saw the model. “Oh goodness… Who did your hair? I thought I asked for a high up-do, not this! Come on.” He pulled the model back to the hair and make up room. He called to Chanhee over his shoulder. “ Chan ! Watch progress while I get this fixed, will you?”

 

“Got it,” replied Chanhee, giving him a thumbs-up sign before turning his attention to the shoot in progress. Chanhee was pleased with the publicity they were getting for their spring collection. They still had a long way to go, but he thought they were doing pretty well at present. It was for their Winter line, and also the bunch of custom outfits ordered by various people for Christmas and New Year’s events. It kept them both very busy, but Chanhee liked the activity. It was good for the business, and it was good for keeping the creativity flowing.

 

“These hairstylists,” grumbled Niel, coming up to Chanhee. “Sometimes they just don’t listen! Why didn’t we hire Mingyu again?”

 

“Because he is on leave preparing for his grand wedding with Wonwoo next year,” said Chanhee .

 

“Ergh... Lucky Wonwoo.” Niel felt jealous that Mingyu found his forever one true love and he felt a bit bitter about it. When will be his time. He thought and glanced at the stage where the photographer was instructing another model. “This one’s the ninth outfit, isn’t it?”

 

Chanhee checked the list he had. “Yup. And we have three more to go, not counting the one you just sent back to Hair.”

 

“Do you think we can finish this today?”

 

“Seeing that it’s already half past three, I doubt it. Not unless we want them to work overtime – and that’s not necessary.”

 

Niel sighed. “So many things to do… Feels like ages since I last saw Jonghyun or Minsoo or Minhyun…”

 

“Oh, yes. What’s happened to Minhyun? Doesn’t he come up anymore?”

 

“Those private lessons he was giving ended. He did say it was only temporary, remember?”

 

“Ah.”

 

“Was fun having him around so often, though. I miss his zany behaviour and his laugh already.”

 

“More than you miss having Minsoo around?”

 

Niel shot his best friend a look before turning his gaze back to the model on the stage. “It’s a different thing. And I still do meet him, you know. It’s not like I’ve stopped meeting him completely. Anyway, I’m trying to forget that, okay?”

 

“Yes, yes. You’ve told me. But why?”

 

“Let’s just say I’m tired of hoping and wishing for something that’s not going to happen,” said Niel , before turning the subject. “Speaking of missing people, I haven’t seen your jerk friend Lee Byunghun lately.”

 

Chanhee rolled his eyes. “He decided to bring that up again about a week ago and I finally lost it. Told him off rather severely, so he’s probably gone into a temporary sulk or something. Anyway I’d rather not see him until he’s calmed down and gotten over it.”

 

As far as Niel could see, Chanhee showed no signs of remorse over having told him off or that he felt his absence very much. Still, Niel did wonder if Chanhee actually felt more for him than he realised. Niel couldn’t imagine why Chanhee would care for that arrogant man, but twenty years of friendship could probably see past that arrogance. Byunghun did have one thing in his favour though – at least he showed his feelings and Chanhee knew exactly how Byunghun felt about him. In a way it was better than Niel’s own situation, wondering about uncertainly – not knowing whether Minsoo really cared or not, until he overheard those snatches of conversation at that garden party.

 

***

 

“I don’t think that amount of alcohol could be very good for you, Byunghun,” said Minsoo, looking pointedly at the now-empty glass the other man set on the table.

 

“That’s only my fifth,” Byunghun said.

 

“Yes, but I been informed that you still have a interview tomorrow and having more than 3 is not good Byunghun”

 

Byunghun ignored him and tipped the bottle over to refill his glass. When he put the bottle down again, Minsoo reached out, took it and placed it on the floor beside his own chair.

 

“What are you doing!” asked Atobe.

 

“Stopping you from overdoing it.”

 

“You realise that I can always order another bottle, don’t you? You’d have to take it away from me every time.”

 

“If I have to.”

 

Byunghun glared at Minsoo. “Argghhh! Your being your old to good and perfect self again. That what I hate about you. What gives you the right to stop me?”

 

“The same right you had to try and play matchmaker for me – none.”

 

Byunghun could find nothing to say to that, so he settled for taking another shot. Minsoo wondered if Byunghun got this way whenever upset by everyone or if this was just a one-off reaction to Lee Chanhee in particular.

 

“You should be grateful I tried to help,” muttered Byunghun. “I wish someone would help me.”

 

“No, I don’t think you really do.”

 

“You’re right.”

 

Minsoo frowned. Was Byunghun aware that he was contradicting himself? Was he that preoccupied with his fight with Chanhee or was this an effect of those fifth, consecutive bottles of soju? If so, Byunghun held his alcohol poorly than Minsoo imagined. He glanced at the bottles on the floor by his feet and felt thankful he hadn’t finished his first bottle yet.

 

“I’m not drunk,” said Byunghun, as though he’d read Minsoo’s mind.

 

“Maybe not, but you seem to be well on your way there.”

 

“So what if I am? I should think I have a right to be. The love of life just about told me to my face that he hates my guts –”

 

“Chanhee didn’t say that, if what you told me is true. He doesn’t hate you, he just hates the way you treat other people. And that isn’t something that you can’t change.”

 

“Oh, shut up. I know that already. I didn’t ask you here to give me a lecture.”

 

“So why did you ask me to come here?”

 

Once more, Byunghun gave no answer. Minsoo figured that probably subconsciously, one reason Byunghun had asked to meet him was because he wanted to be stopped from going overboard. He felt a headache coming on. As if it wasn’t enough that the whole Niel -and-Minhyun thing had been bothering him for the past couple of weeks… Now Byunghun seemed to think that Minsoo was his counsellor or something. He suppressed the urge to massage his temples. This was going to be a long long night.

 

***

 

Minhyun straightened the collar of his shirt and looked over to Jonghyun. “Tell me again why I’m attending this celebrity function?”

 

“Because Luhan has kindly extended the invitation to you and me.”

 

“And why, exactly? I don’t recall ever having much to do with Celebrity idols like Luhan to begin with. You, maybe coz your in the entertainment industries. But me?”

 

“Blame Niel . He is the one who got all chummy with Luhan’s lover and has the famous rapper-composer Ljoe’s love interest as a business partner. Thank him for making us acceptable to the ranks of the insanely rich and famous.” Jonghyun looked around for his belt and saw it lying over the back of a chair. “Ah. There it is.”

 

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

A/N: Let's take a moment to appreciate Chanhee and Niel new blonde hair?

Embedded image permalink

********Kyaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh***********

Updated since I'm so happy today....................... heard of the Chunjoe moment today??

Embedded image permalink

How the did Ljoe ate Chanhee's Acorn cheeks?? *tsk*tsk*tsk*

Embedded image permalink

Anyway, I added my newly found ship here though it just a mention for now....

Anyone who ships Meanie too??

Embedded image permalink

Merry Christmas to all my Readers, who patiently waits for my updates... i love you!!!

 

Embedded image permalink

*misses my baby prince so much.... -Santa Minyeo-*

ThanKYU for reading and please leave a comment too..

-----> Chanhee's Eomma