RMB - 3

The Rivals meet the Best Friends

The phone on his desk rang. Minsoo reached out with his right hand and picked it up almost automatically, though he was still focussed on the latest sales report from his secretary.

 

“Minsoo here,” he said, eyes still scanning the papers in his left hand.

 

“It’s me.”

 

He put down the papers and frowned. That voice was familiar, but he couldn’t place it at the moment.

 

“I’m sorry. Who is this?”

 

There was a pause on the other end of the line.

 

“Are you joking, Minsoo?” came the controlled response. Minsoo knew he’d definitely heard that tone of voice somewhere before. Nevertheless, he just could not remember who it was. It had been a long day at the office, with month end reports were due in two days, his still need to check and edit the works of his subordinates. He was tired and not at all in the mood to play guessing games. Being an executive auditor wasn’t easy.

 

“No, I am not joking.”

 

Another pause.  

 

Minsoo waited. He was giving this person just another twenty seconds to answer. Otherwise, he’d hang up.

 

“This is Ljoe.”

 

“Oh. I see.”

 

“Do you mean to tell me you seriously could not recognise my voice?” was the irritated question from Ljoe.

 

“Before last week, I had not seen you since the Junior Summer camp ceremony, Ljoe,” said Minsoo, Ljoe’s self-absorption finally getting to him. “And I only saw you for an hour last week. Do you really think that I have your voice burned into my memory? I am not a hand phone. I don’t have caller ID in my brain.”

 

“And here I thought you were all-perfect,” said Ljoe, sarcastically.

 

Minsoo did not deign to respond to it. He could think of better ways to use his energy than thinking up responses to Ljoe. He didn’t believe in beating around the bush when he had so much on his hands, so he went straight to the point. “I have a great deal of work to do, Ljoe. Is there any reason in particular for this call?”

 

“Of course. A cool and famous guy called Ljoe never does things for no reason.”

 

Minsoo had to wonder at Ljoe’s old habit of being overly self-confident. He thought he might have given it up after he failed to won the summer camp against him. But no, eventually Ljoe got famous as a Rapper than him. He thought, if ever he didn’t gave up his dream to be a rapper will he became famous like Ljoe too and have a rivalry against him?

 

Unaware of Minsoo’s regrets in Life, Ljoe went on. “If you are free tomorrow night, Minsoo, I should like to meet with you. I have something to discuss with you.”

 

“With me?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Discuss what?”

 

“Meet me for dinner or supper and I’ll tell you.”

 

“Supper would be better,” Minsoo said. “I may not get off work early enough for a proper dinner. Where do you want to meet?”

 

“Come to my place.” Ljoe gave him his address, then asked, “You know where it is?”

 

“I think I do.”

 

“Very well. I’ll expect you tomorrow night, Minsoo.”

 

Ljoe hung up.

 

Minsoo looked at the address he had scribbled on a piece of paper. Knowing Ljoe, either this was going to be interesting or just plain tiresome. He set it aside and picked up the Sales Report he had been reading earlier. 

 

*************

A/N: Sorry for a Short update... I'm just so sad lately and it makes me less inspired to write something. My Grandfather died last week, the ladies code accident (I'm not a fan and i don't know their songs but it makes me sad #condolences), the Hyunjoong misleading scandal (argghhhh!!) and there the entertain us episode that keep on breaking my chunjoe heart.. huhuhuhuhu Thank goodness it will end soon. Then my precious babies were gonna be back again, it will make me revive some inspiration to write again.. Angels?? are you ready for Exito???

P.S.  Don't forget to include Teen Top safety in your daily prayers.. arasso?? Thank you and don't forget to comment below..

---> (^_^) Chanhee's Eomma