RMB - 10

The Rivals meet the Best Friends

Byunghun was seated in a comfortable chair, tapping his fingers impatiently on the table. He had already been there ten minutes, and felt his patience waning. Not to mention the stares he got from some customers who notice the famous LJOE being alone. Initially, he wanted to booked the whole restaurant for the two of them only and keep those onlookers far away from him but he knows Chanhee will be surely mad at him. Sometimes he wondered why and how he had fallen for this nagging diva called Lee Chanhee. But at least he admitted it and actually tried to do something about it. Unlike that Bang Minsoo. He just didn’t see what was holding the man back.

 

Byunghun was contemplating calling Chanhee again when the latter finally showed up.

 

“You’re late,” Byunghun said.

 

Chanhee apologised and explained. “I had to finish up some stuff and deal with a couple of last-minute phone calls.”

 

Byunghun frowned. “Couldn’t you have left it to Niel? If he’s not here, I’m assuming he’s back at the office.”

 

“Niel does have his own friends, you know. Jonghyun came to take him for lunch with Minhyun.”

 

“Minhyun?” The name was familiar, but Byunghun couldn’t put a face to the name. “From?”

 

“Niel’s friend from Busan. You should know him too, since he attended in TOP academy and I think he was quite popular too.”

 

“Hmph. Hardly,” sniffed Byunghun. “I’d remember him more easily if he was.”

 

“You only remember people you think important. Niel says Minhyun was pretty highly-ranked in Vocal majors and was scouted by a few to be a singer but he rather wants a normal life in Busan”

 

“There were many better in vocals outside TOP that I know.” Byunghun leaned back even further into his chair. “ maybe he looks so ordinary that’s why he declined it.”

 

“here you go again judging someone you barely know” Chanhee nagged and picked up the menu on the table. “FYI, He’s very handsome and perfectly tall.”

 

Byunghun’s head jerked upright releasing a little bit of his Gangjoe. “Who?!”

 

Chanhee glanced up from his menu and gave Byunghun a funny look: Hwang Minhyun, of course. Were we talking about anyone else?”

 

Byunghun’s mind started to filter through memories at top speed, trying to recall exactly what this Minhyun fellow looked like.

 

Chanhee didn’t seem to notice Byunghun gazing hard at him, and just went on talking as he read the menu. “Minhyun has a nice captivating lips and very tall. If we pursued the opening of overseas men’s line of clothes, I’d tell Niel to hire him as a model in a heartbeat. He will be a perfect model for that line. Hm… I think I’ll have the set of sushi and sashimi.”

 

Across the table, Byunghun fought hard to keep his jealousy down. He failed somewhat, because when Chanhee looked up at Byunghun again, he asked, “What’s wrong with you? You look like you’re choking or something.”

 

Byunghun said nothing for once. He couldn’t find (decent) words to say. It annoyed him to no end to hear Chanhee complimenting some other guy, especially someone like this Busan-unknown Minhyun whom he could barely remember at the moment.

 

If Chanhee saw the barely-controlled emotions flickering across Byunghun face, Chanhee didn’t show it. Chanhee merely squinted a little at Byunghun for about a second, then looked thoughtful.

 

“What?” Byunghun managed to snap.

 

“Minhyun’s very good-looking, but I think I like your cat like lips and eyes better, frankly.”

 

The Gangjoe monster on his shoulder shrank by half.

 

“His eyes are really striking, but maybe a bit too intense. Might be scary to have those piercing eyes looking at you all the time with his very whitish complexion, He can easily be cast as Vampire in Chanyeol’s movie,” Chanhee said, looking as though he was comparing mental images of both of them in his head. “They’re beautiful eyes and those smile makes his lips–”

 

 The Gangjoe monster started to grow again.

 

“– but I have to say, I like your smile better and it will be nicer if you stop frowning always. When you smile it perfectly compliments your eyes making it not that intense and the mole under it makes it more charming.

 

Byunghun finally found his voice. “But of course. It’s me, after all.”

 

Chanhee cast a withering look at him. “Don’t be so big-headed. I only said your smiles are nicer. I didn’t say you’re better-looking on the whole. Get over yourself, Byung. Now hurry up and order your food. Don’t keep the poor man waiting all day,” Chanhee said, pointing to the waiter, who was standing there patiently, order slip pad in hand. Byunghun fixed his eyes on the menu, though obviously not really concentrating on it.

 

***

 

Chanhee waited for Byunghun near his Car after they have lunch. Byunghun have left something in the restaurant and asked Chanhee to wait for him. Another Car park on the side and when the passenger immerged from the car Chanhee recognized it as the one he dated before.

 

“Rockhyun???” Chanhee grasped

 

The said person recognized the voice and turned to Chanhee.

 

“Chanie?!”

 

Chanhee immediately hugged the other guy and Rockhyun hugged him back. Chanhee was glad to meet him again after they gone to a movie date before. Chanhee dated Rockhyun before after he found out that Rockhyun was dumped by a senior during their university days. Chanhee whom always been friendly, decided to cheer up Rockhyun and they become friends after, if Rockhyun did not transfer after one semester they have been best of friends along with Niel.

 

The two were interrupted when a fuming Byunghun grabbed Chanhee away and immediately pushed Rockhyun to the ground harshly.

 

“YAH!! LEE BYUNGHUN!!! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO!!”

 

“HE HUGGED YOU!!! HE IS YOUR DAMNED EX AND YOU ARE MINE!!!!”

 

“ARRRGGGG!!! W~~~ ”

 

“Why are you in the ground? Are you ok?” Another person said.

 

Chanhee look at the guy that helping up Rockhyun and gasped as he recognized him.  “Minwoo-Sunbae? Rockhyun? Are you dating?”

 

“Yes, we are actually married in LA and its our 1st anniversary vacation” Rockhyun explained with a teasing smile on both Chanhee and Byunghun.

 

Byunghun ignored the teasing smile of Rockhyun while Chanhee was embarrassed in his behalf. He just grabbed a fallen box, get inside his car, and honked for Chanhee. Chanhee rolled his eyes and apologized to Rockhyun.

 

“It’s Ok Channie. Your Boyfriend must be so jealous.”

 

“He is not even my boyfriend that arrogant jerked! And he will never be one!!”

 

“Don’t Say that Channie, you might fall for it soon. I will just talk to you before I went back to LA again. Now go.. He must be really pissed and jealous now” Rockhyun pushed away a whining Chanhee since Byunghun have been honking non-stop.

 

“They were really perfect for each other don’t you think?” Rockhyun asked his husband-sunbae Minwoo. Minwoo just nodded and both of them chuckled as they saw Byunghun car passed by them. A smiling Chanhee waving at them and a frowning Byunghun beside him, the couple look at each other with one thought. 

Byunghun and Chanheee complete each other

 

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

A/N: here is a CHUNJOE update for all of us who have been missing CHUNJOE a lot this days.

I added a little bit of Rockhyun part too because of this ig post..

ThanKYU for reading and please leave a comment too..

-----> Chanhee's Eomma