Part 3

Hidden in Vision



Myungsoo had fallen asleep on the chair next to Sunggyu’s bed.
Sunggyu felt bad for making that kid look so distraught.
Carefully he inched his body away from Myungsoo and moved his legs out of the thick blankets.
As he was moving his legs out, he noticed a glass of water on the table opposite his bed.
That was when he became aware of his dry throat. When was the last time he drank water?
Sunggyu tried swallowing some saliva, but it wasn’t helping.  
He restrained himself from clearing his throat because he knows that might wake Myungsoo up.

After giving some thoughts, Sunggyu slowly shifted himself to the edge of the bed and let his legs hang loose.
He settled his feets on the cold ground lightly, and slipped into the slippers placed before him.
Holding on to the rails at the side of the bed, Sunggyu took in a deep breath, before struggling to get his weight on his feet.
His legs felt wobbly and flimsy, but Sunggyu did not want that to get in his way. For him, this was his first step towards recovery.
He didn’t want to rely too much on Myungsoo, that’d be a burden.

He managed to take a few small steps before that voice came into his head.

“Ya, don’t act tough. You’re gonna regret it.”

Sunggyu spun his head to the back.
It definitely came from there, but there was no one except a sleeping Myungsoo.
That voice, it sounded familiar again… isn’t that… that rude kid earlier?!

As he recalled the incident in that white room, Sunggyu loses his balance.
He accidentally pressed his weight down onto the portable table behind him.
It lurched back. Sending the silver tray on top of it flying towards the door.


‘Crash! Clank!’

The vibration of the tray clashing to the ground pulsed through his body.
His head instantly lowered, his shoulders hunched and his eyes closed shut.

"....."

“Sunggyu hyung?”



Sunggyu shook his head slightly. Careless me.
He took some time to regain his posture before turning around to face Myungsoo.

“Ahh... You’re awake... sorry about the ruckus.”
He scratched his head, while looking at the mess.

----

Myungsoo rises from the chair and walked towards Sunggyu.
He stares at him in disbelief. Is he back… for real?
As he got closer, Myungsoo extended both his arms.
His hands stopped close to his brother’s.
He wanted to hold them, tightly.
To make sure that his brother will not leave him so sudden again.
But he didn’t want Sunggyu to feel awkward right after he woke up.
So he drop them before they touched...

----

Sunggyu finds it amusing to see this side of Myungsoo he had never seen before in the past.
He’d grown so much since the last time Sunggyu remembered seeing him.  


- “Don’t worry, hyung just went to, ahem, get some water. But I accidentally lost my balance. That’s all.”


“Why didn’t you wake me up? I thought you injured yourself again…” Myungsoo mumbled the last few words as he reached for the glass of water.


“Here, sit down.” Myungsoo passed him the glass of water and pulled a nearby chair towards Sunggyu.


“I’ll go look for the doctor, don’t go anywhere. Ok?” He strode to the door and slid it closed behind him.


Sunggyu was in an empty room once again.
After a few gulps, he lowered the empty glass from his face and beamed to himself.

“Guess I’m really back...”


-
-
-
-
-


“You’re sure that’s all your stuffs here?”

Sunggyu nodded.

The tiny white box in his arm only filled with Get-well-soon cards from his visitors.
He wanted to read them when once he gets ‘home’.
There wasn’t any of his clothes at the Hospital. It seems like he had been wearing the patient outfit for the past years. He didn’t care.
That was over, he needs to get back with the reality he had been missing out.



Sunggyu had no memories of the accident. The doctor clarified that it might had been a traumatising experience,
so it will have to take time for the memories to return. However Myungsoo did shared what was reported to him on that day of the accident.

Myungsoo wasn’t sure about the exact details, but he was sure that it happened when Sunggyu was on his way home on the car with his parents, when out of nowhere, a car sped through the traffic and crashed into them. He also heard some rumors about someone witnessed another wrecked car leaving the accident site. Because Myungsoo happened to be on a camping trip in school at that time, he wasn’t with them…

Sunggyu had no recollection of anything like that. He couldn’t believe something so horrible did happened to him, and to his parents...
But there was nothing he can do, to bring them back to life. All he can do was to move on with his own...



“Over here!” Myungsoo flagged the black mini-cooper approaching the pick-up point.

The car stopped smoothly in front of Sunggyu, and the driver came out of the car.


- “Hey, what took you so long? I’ve been circling this place for the past 30 minutes!”

“Sorry, my brother needed some time to walk down.” Myungsoo glanced over his shoulder at Sunggyu.

- “A-Ah, he is discharged? O-oh no worries!” The driver gave an awkward smile to Sunggyu before he turns and scowled at Myungsoo.

“Hyung. This is my good friend. I’ve been staying at his place ever since the accident happened. I’ll tell you more on the way home. Let’s go.”

Myungsoo opened the back door and Sunggyu got in with the small box.



                                     ~♫   ~ Idaero tteonajima nae apeseo majimak ~ Ganeun dwitmoseubeul boijineun ma ~ ♫~
                                                   Don’t leave like this, don’t show me your turned back for the last time


‘Beep’


Myungsoo switched off the radio.

“Tsk. What kind of song is that? I prefer the older pop songs we used to listen. Right, hyung?”

-“Uh.”

Sunggyu has been looking out the window ever since he got into the car. He can’t help but watch as the scenery passes by.
6 years. Everything changed so much in the past 6 years. He felt like he had missed out a lot.
He noticed buildings had become taller, and many of them looks like they’re going up endlessly.
More people are on their phones and everywhere the car go by, people were looking down into their devices.
Sunggyu stood in awe as the vehicle drove pass the streets.


“Hyung, I’ve not told you this but… actually, our aunt and uncle… well, screw them.
They took away Mum and Dad’s money and then sold our house away. They left us with nothing! Those scums..
Luckily this friend’s mother,” he pointed to the driver “, was my teacher-in-charge at the day of my camp.
She reported that incident to me… And I’m glad she also took me in to her house. Or else, I don’t know…”
Myungsoo shrugged as he scan outside the window.

“I think we’re almost there. You feeling okay, hyung?”

-“Eung.”


The car has entered a suburb area. The atmosphere in this location is much more relaxing.
Buildings around here were not as tall and big as the one he saw earlier.
The houses that went by felt like the one Sunggyu had stayed in before the accident. He smiled to himself as he reminiscence the past.
Those memories of him playing with Myungsoo at the nearby playground…

They were driving past an elementary school when suddenly Sunggyu noticed something not quite right.
A little boy was standing in the middle of the road, talking to the teddy bear in his hand. The people walking by doesn’t seem to be affected by him.
But Sunggyu knew something wasn’t right. The boy looks really… sad. As the car was moving at a speed, Sunggyu had to rub his eyes a few times, to convince himself that he did not just mistook the red stains on the little boy’s shirt, as blood…






A/N
Sorry about the short updates previously. I'm trying to write longer parts now.
I apologise if I don't update daily or alot,because I'm caught up in a school project these few weeks.
I'll still try to update no worries! Hope you enjoyed the story ^w^