Part 11

Hidden in Vision

“Bandit….”



Tears filled his vision when Sunggyu opened his eyes once more. He was now back in the familiar room.
Looking to the side, he noticed Woohyun was there, sitting on the chair beside him with half of his body leaning over on the couch.
His eyes were closed and his face peacefully resting on his toned arms beside Sunggyu.
The room was now dark except for the small lamp at the corner of the office illuminating the jawline of Woohyun’s face.
Sunggyu felt tempted to that beautiful face, but he didn’t want to wake him up. Did I actually passed out for that long?
As silent as he could, Sunggyu tries to move away the lab coat that Woohyun had draped over him and slowly pushes himself up.

Squeak

Woohyun shifted from his position and sat upright on the chair.
“Oh, you’re up. Sorry I fell asleep…”

Sunggyu mentally cursed himself for waking Woohyun up.
He has already made him worried sick and now he’s disrupting his resting time. 
Combing his hair through with his fingers Sunggyu let out a sigh and apologised.

“Ah… yes… Sorry I fainted. Again…”

“Are you okay?”
 Woohyun leaned towards Sunggyu and wiped the tears that were formed at the corner of his eyes and rested his palm on his forehead.
His gaze not leaving Sunggyu’s. 
“You got me worried sick you know…”

Sunggyu blushed as he heard Woohyun muttered it under his breath.
The distance between them was so close Sunggyu could feel Woohyun’s warmth and his breath beside his ears.
Wanting to hide how flushed his face was at the moment Sunggyu quickly raised his arms and gently pushed Woohyun's shoulders back.

“I’m fine, don’t worry…”
Sunggyu forced a smile while clearing his throat. Suddenly the visions that he saw of himself as Bandit came into mind. That rainbow collar.
His grip that were still on Woohyun stiffened. He might think I’m weird but I need to ask.

“Woohyun-ssi, do you have any dog patient with a name of ‘Bandit’? A big dog.
Earlier on I remember seeing a woman holding on to a rainbow collar. I’m just taking a guess if it belon-”

“Yes, I do.”
Without hesitation Woohyun replied with his hoarse voice.
This time Sunggyu’s arms were loosened and Woohyun was holding to his wrists.
“Do you know..? The story of this dog?”

He had no clue to what Woohyun was trying to say. Was he supposed to know the story of this random dog that showed him visions?
Then, he recalled back to the familiar voice he heard in Bandit’s view. Lowering down his arms, the grasp on Sunggyu’s wrists also gradually loosened.


Not able to look into Woohyun’s eyes, Sunggyu glance over at the lab coat that was still on his lap.
There must be a reason for Woohyun to bring up the story since he usually doesn’t share much about his life.
Sunggyu fumbled with his lips for a while, before replying.



“Tell me all about that.”


-

 

-

 

-

 

-


Bang Bang Bang


“Hello! Is there anyone? Woohyun-ssi? Are you in there? Please open up!”

The loud banging and shouting woke Woohyun up from his sleep.
He shot up from his bed and looked over at the clock beside him.

2.45am

It must be quite an emergency for someone to come knocking at the doors of a clinic this late at night.
Woohyun quickly slipped into his slippers and grabbed the lab coat that was hanging on his coat rack.
Taking big strides he quickly unlocked the main door just to see a man in a long trench coat panting heavily.
In his arms lays a German Shepherd covered in blood. The condition looks really bad, he knew the dog was in danger.

“Hurry, head into the examination room straight ahead.”
 Woohyun quickly ushered the man in and locked the wooden door behind him.
The man was leaning over the dog which was now laid on the procedure table when Woohyun entered the examination room.

“Please don’t die on me Bandit. Please save him Woohyun-ssi!”

“I’ll do my best, please calm down and wait outside.”
Woohyun patted him behind the shoulders and guided him out of the room before he turned back to the bloodied dog.


-

-


“Yes he’s stable now. Please don’t worry, he’s fine…”

After about half an hour of trying to stabilise the wounds and heart rates, the dog was now sleeping soundly in a cage inside the examination room.
The man sitting on the waiting room bench cupped his face with his hands for a while before letting out a sigh.

“Thank you so much…”

Woohyun smiled at those words. That’s the reason why he love being a doctor, even though being an animal doctor was just a part time job for him,
since he was still under study as a doctor at the Seoul National Hospital, but saving lives like that also made him feel accomplished.

“May I ask…? How do you know of my name?”


“A-Ah yes. Sorry I haven’t introduce myself.”

The man stood up from his seat and stepped towards Woohyun while offering him a hand.

“My name is Kim Sung Jin. Nice to meet you. I’m sure you know who Inspector Hoya is right?
He recommended me to find you if I need any animal doctor’s help.” He scoffed.
“We were only joking back then, but I guess I really needed one this time.”

That name sounded so familiar.
Woohyun suddenly recalled back to that one time Hoya mentioned a name like this.

“Oh, so, are you that Detective Superintendent Kim Sung Jin that I’ve heard about? Wa…”

Woohyun took the Detective’s hand with both his hands.
Still shocked at sudden appearance of Hoya’s respectable ‘idol’, which was what he called, at his clinic he could only smile awkwardly.


“Yes I am. Sorry for this late intrusion, I didn’t knew this would happen either.”

The smile fades away from Detective Kim’s face as he thought back about what happened to the dog Bandit.



“May I ask again… about what happened Detective Kim? Because I know those injuries on the dog... it was intended.”
Woohyun asked with a shaky voice after he released his hands from Detective Kim’s grip.


“Actually. Bandit was a guard dog that belongs to a gang… Our side has placed a tracker in him and we’ve also managed to insert a sound recorder on his collar so that we can tracked wherever the gang will be ‘moving’ and hear their plans, since the leader tend to bring this guard dog everywhere. Little did we know that once he found out about the tracker, he wanted Bandit dead.”
 
Woohyun nodded his head in silence.

 “Of course you must also be wondering, why did I want to save Bandit?
Well, long story short, he used to belong to the officer K9 unit, and many years back I was his previous handler before they decide to retire the dog and the leader of the gang adopted it. He has no feelings for animals… at all, but Bandit was my partner for a while, you know.”

Detective Kim clenched his fist at the thought, while looking up at Woohyun who was still trying to absorb all the information given to him.

“I have to ask but, do you mind finding a better home for Bandit? I can’t keep it, not now.
The gang shouldn’t know that the dog is still alive or they will find a way to kill it.”


To be able to be offered such a favour for a well-known Detective was an honour to Woohyun.
A person came up his mind within seconds; the florist who worked opposite his clinic has just lost her dog to old age.
“Yes, don’t worry Detective Kim, I’ll assure you that he finds a good home.”


“Actually…" Detective Kim cleared his throat.

I’m not sure if I should bring this up, but I’ve been on this case with this gang for a while now.
I’ve heard the case of your family death too and I can say that no doubt, that was also an involvement with this gang...


The gang ...




...with the Eye of Horus.”




The smile on Woohyun’s face faded completely, and he turned pale at the mention of that hideous name.


He never thought that he would be reminded of that incident ever again.




Until that fateful night.







A/N
Please let me know if guys have any comments because it's been awhile I'm writing this,
and I'm trying to get back my ideas of the original plot as I add on more details.
Really thank you so much to those who're still reading or planing to start reading this fic!
I hope my story wouldn't disappoint you ㅠwㅠ