Part 12

Hidden in Vision

The image of the evil eye tattoo on the man’s neck flashes through Woohyun’s mind.
Nothing good ever comes up whenever a person brings up the topic of the Eye.
Especially when somebody attempt to challenge or threaten their company.
Usually in most cases, the person would end up missing or dead.

And that was how Woohyun’s family got torn apart.

-

Woohyun’s family used to owe quite a prominent business company called the Nam Enterprise.
In their peak of success, their stocks were increasing rapidly but unfortunately at that same time,
someone has managed to leak information regarding the Horus Group pocketing money from their profits.
Seeing the accomplishment and success of the Nam Enterprise, made the Horus Group see red and suspect it was their doing to defame and ruin the company’s image.

.

                                                                    - 12 years ago -



“Mum, Dad, please just stop the car for a while! Let me get something at the mini mart! Real quick!”

Leaning over to the front seats of the car Woohyun whined at his giggling parents.

“Woohyun-ah stop disturbing your Dad while he’s driving!”
A strong grip pulled Woohyun back onto the back seat of the car.

“Halmeoni! Come on, you know what my plan is right?”
Woohyun whispered to his already annoyed Halmeoni which replied with a sigh.

It was Woohyun’s parents wedding anniversary that day, and the family has decided to take a day trip out of Seoul to celebrate and relax from their workloads.
Before heading out of the city, Woohyun had planned to get a cake for them in surprise, but he hadn’t had time to get one.

Tilting his head towards his parents at the front seats, Woohyun signalled Halmeoni with a playful gaze which made her shake her head. Aigoo.

“Son, I really think you might have to stop the car for a while or this brat will go on and on for the rest of the trip.”
Halmeoni rolled her eyes at Woohyun who was now beaming from ear to ear. “I’ll go with him, don’t worry.”

“Ha ha, alright Mother. I don’t think you can stand him whining for the next few hours too, we’ll make a stop real quick.”
Woohyun’s father chuckled at the thought of Woohyun annoying his old-aged mother.
The car came to a halt a few steps away from the petrol station of a quiet neighbourhood.
“Okay, we’ll wait here in the car, take your time.”


“Mother, do you need me to go instead?”
Woohyun’s mother suggested while taking off her seat belt.


“N-No it’s fine! I’ll go with him. Heh. Come on, Woohyun-ah.”
The thought of ruining the surprise would ruin Woohyun’s mood too, it would be better if she accompanied Woohyun herself.


“Woohyun ah, stay close to Halmeoni alright?”

“Eung!”
His mother’s cheerful smile and voice faded off into the distance after he left the car.

Instead of entering the mini mart next to the petrol station, Woohyun and his Halmeoni spotted a sign of a bakery store and head towards it instead.
Looking over at the selection of cakes, Woohyun’s eyes brighten in delight. If only he could get them all!
But sticking to the plan, they could only get one of it, since they'd probably can't finish eating so many anyway.
Both Woohyun and Halmeoni had a short debate choosing the one that looked most delicious and prettiest.

“Woohyun-ah, you can go back to the car first, Halmeoni needs to use the washroom for a while.
Aish, I’ll hold on to the cake first, I’m sure you’re going to mess it up if you hold it!”
Halmeoni gestured Woohyun to head back to the car while she walked towards the toilet behind the petrol station.
Just as Woohyun was walking towards the car, he can’t stop imagining the reactions of his parents when they see the cake, smiling and praising him for the surprise.

However, this imagination was disrupted by a loud deafening bang.

The impact of the explosion was so strong that Woohyun got thrown off in the air.
A sharp ringing filled his ears and it felt like everything around him was moving in slow-motion.
He felt a wave of heat rushed towards him from the front and watches the deep flames of the enraged fire through his blurry eyes.
What was happening? Mum? Dad?

Woohyun tried to bring his body to move, but the impact has knocked the air out of him.
The smell of kerosene blocking his windpipe, he could feel himself choking.
He let out a few cough just as he spotted a black car stopping beside his now-burning family car from the corner of his eyes.
A man in a white formal shirt stepped out to inspect the fiery vehicle.


He-help. Please help me…


With all the strength he could muster, he reaches out his hand towards the man,
but the last thing that he caught in his blurred vision before everything out,
was the ominous image of an eye on the man’s neck.


-



He was only 14 when the acccident happened.
The other side of the Nam family has taken over his parent’s business and money ever since the accident.
Woohyun was presumed worthless in taking over the company since he was ‘too young’.
He ended up staying with Halmeoni , who then passed on 3 years after the accident.
She had left this ‘shop’ for Woohyun which was now renovated into an animal clinic and his home.
Even though he was a doctor, the idea of being a vet came to his mind when he found that injured orange tabby cat under the oak tree,
whom he nursed till it died after accompanying him for a few years. He wanted to save lives, no matter how small or fragile it is.



-



-




“S-So… it happened to your family too…?”

The chances of this coincidence took Sunggyu by surprise. Now everything was starting to make sense.
From the first spirit that linked to the elementary school, to the oak tree and the orange cat.
Also that little boy Tae Yeong’s Halmeoni, who gave off the exact aura as Woohyun’s,
and lastly Bandit who actually revealed the most connection to Woohyun, and even his father?
It just felt strange at that moment, how every pieces of the puzzle were coming together,
all pointing towards Woohyun.

Sunggyu shakily extended his hand towards Woohyun’s face, the comfort that comes after when his hand touched his skin made Sunggyu teared up again.
This man has gone through so much worse than him, but he’s still so strong. A warm grip brought Sunggyu’s hand closer to Woohyun’s face.
Sunggyu could feel Woohyun nuzzling in his gentle touch before delivering a few delicate touches of soft warm kisses on the back of his hands.
It felt as if time has stood still for the both of them.


They say falling in love with a person was the easy part, but to admit it was the hardest.
Even though this thought has always been on his mind, the answer was now clear for Sunggyu.
He knew this connection was not just a mere coincidence.



It was fate.



Every time he look into Woohyun’s eyes, every ounce of breath was taken away from him.

Sunggyu traced Woohyun’s lip lightly with the tip of his finger, he could feel the urge to bite it, or kiss it. 
As if hearing Sunggyu’s thought, Woohyun leaned in closer, their foreheads touching.
His smell flooding Sunggyu’s senses but he couldn’t fight the thoughts going through him.
His instinct tells him that he should take a step back now, but he found himself moving closer to Woohyun
as he closes his eyes.
The next thing he knew, something warm was pressed against his lips.

Woohyun’s slightly chapped lips were firm against Sunggyu’s, but the kiss remained soft, gentle, and slow.
They held it for a few seconds, before their lips pulled apart while taking shallow breaths.


“Do you want…



…to stay the night here?”

Woohyun’s husky voice whispered against his skin.


Sunggyu has always imagined Woohyun asking him this question,
but now that it was really happening, Sunggyu found himself trying to remember how to breathe and all he could managed,

was a slight nod.


Upon Sunggyu’s nervous reply Woohyun slammed his lips right back to Sunggyu’s giving him hardly any time to react.
In moments the soft caress becomes firm. Woohyun tilted his head, savouring every part of Sunggyu’s pouty lips.

With the quickening of their breathing,



it felt as if everything was floating in space 




and everything around him




has turned into dust.







A/N
Thank you those who've suscribed/commented, I really really appreciate it!! ❤️
& I'm really sorry Sunggyu kept blacking out hahahahah
Hopefully my story is still making sense though.
Initially I thought my story would be ending soon, but nope, 
as I'm writing I feel like more and more stuffs are happening lol
I'm pushing myself to finish this series (hopefully) by the end of this month so please bear with me!
& thank you again to those who've been reading/re-reading this fic. 🙆‍♀