Part 10

Hidden in Vision

Opening it slightly ajar, he saw a dog right in front of the reception counter.
With no owner, but only a familiar colourful collar. It was growling furiously at the main door.
As Sunggyu look over to the door he felt a shiver went down his spine. His gut feelings were right.
Behind the door was a man dressed in a black suit and sunglasses on, obviously staring at Sunggyu without a flinch.
Sunggyu’s body stiffened and he staggered backwards. All of a sudden he felt his body getting lighter.
The worried voice from behind slowly became muffled, and the last thing he saw was the man in the black suit slipping away.

-

 

-

 

-


“Did you hear that?”

Woohyun tilted his head slightly, “Hear what?”


“Erm… do you still have any more appointments today, Woohyun-ssi?”
Sunggyu slowly withdrew his arm from Woohyun’s grasp.
Hearing that shaky voice, Woohyun knew that something was wrong. 

“No… what’s wrong?”
Sunggyu’s eyes were fixated towards the direction of the office door.
With the thought of calming him down, Woohyun reached for Sunggyu’s hand again,
but stopped when Sunggyu abruptly stood up from the sofa and walked towards the door.
With a deep breath Sunggyu slowly turned the knob and peeped through the gap.

After a few seconds, Woohyun realised Sunggyu’s hands that were still on the knob were shaking.
He also noticed that Sunggyu’s body was starting to lean backwards.
“Sunggyu-ssi…? Are you okay? Sunggy-”

As fast as he could react, Woohyun leaped up from the couch just as Sunggyu’s limp body gave way and both of them fell back onto the ground with a thud.

“Hey, Sunggyu-ssi?”
Lightly patting his face to wake him up, but there was no reaction.
Woohyun wonder what Sunggyu had saw that could made him faint like that.  
His eye moved towards the partly opened door.
Woohyun carried Sunggyu’s weak body and lay him down on the couch, before exiting his office to check the reception area. Expected to see something shocking, Woohyun was dumbfounded when walked out to see an empty room and his wooden main door ajar.


Nothing.


No one.


And no dog too.

 

 

-




-




 

-


“Oh hi, welcome back!”

This voice…
Urgh this annoying voice…


As Sunggyu slowly peeled his eye open, he realised he was back in the white room again.
Placing one hand on his forehead, his eyes squinted as they try to adjust to the brightness of the room. He can never get use to the intensity of this room.
Instead of feeling calm or confused as he was the previous times, Sunggyu was annoyed this time,
and mainly at the fact that Sungjong did not respond to him earlier when he was so desperate for help.
This time Sungjong was just casually sitting on top of a white block. He was in a white hoodie and his lime-coloured beanie and as usual, a lollipop in his mouth.
 Is that some kind of trademark of his?

“Ya, when are you even going to finish that lollipop. Everytime I see you there’ll always be one in your mouth!” Sunggyu scoffed at the sight.

Sungjong removed the lollipop from his mouth and smiled at Sunggyu, before beckoning him to look behind.  

 

“What? Why are you smiling at me like that? Don’t change the topic! Do you know how scar-“
Just as he was about to rant over the incident earlier, something ticklish made him refocused his attention to the back.
He felt his fingers turned moist and the slight aroma of bacon came over his nose.
What?
 
As he turned his head over his shoulder, the first thing which caught his eyes were the rainbow collar that was on the dog’s neck.
Usually Sunggyu would retreat when he sees a small dog, let alone a big dog, but this time he felt calm.
It’s as if he knew the dog wouldn’t harm him.

“Oh you…”
Calmly turning himself around, he bends down to pat the dog who is now wagging his tail.  
Judging by the markings on the dog, it was a German Shepherd. 
As the dog moves closer to nuzzle with him, Sunggyu noticed a name ‘Bandit’ on the rainbow collar.

“Wow, I half expected you to jump or run away from it. I guess that guy has helped overcome your fear of dogs huh?”
Sungjong’s hand reached out from beside and Bandit’s head.

That guy… he meant Woohyun?

A smile formed on Sunggyu’s lips, but fades off as he thought back about how Woohyun must be so worried about him right now.
Why do I always faint his front of him… It’s so embarrassing, tsk.

“Anyway.”
That kid’s voice startled him away from his thoughts.
“This dog has left some impressions for me. Well, for them it’s called impressions but in our terms, it’s like an imprint. Do you want to see them?”

Sunggyu slowly stood up from his position with furrowed brows.
“What do you mean? See them?”
He asked while rubbing off Bandit’s saliva on his shorts.

“Yeah, I can show you what he showed me. Do you want to see them?”
He could smell a slight scent of lemonade as the words came out from the kid’s mouth.

Seeing Sunggyu speechless at what this was all about, Sungjong rolled his eyes at his confused face and pointed his lollipop at him.

“Listen here. There will be images or some visualisations shown to you.
I know this might be confusing for you at one point but remember, all of that that were shown has a meaning.
As your spirit guide, I’m only here to guide you to the right way. You have to make out whatever the messages behind it yourself.
Alright? Any other questions?”

With his arms folded, Sunggyu steadily nodded his head as he took in the information. Deep down him he knew that he was lacking the confidence. Like how can he ever get the meaning behind any of the “visions” he was going to have, if it was going to be ‘confusing’.  As he was still clearing his thoughts, he didn’t realise that Bandit was already gone.  Looking around the empty white room he asked, “Where’s the dog?”

With the lollipop back in his mouth, Sungjong turned back and walked off ignoring his question.
 
“Okay you’re ready. Goodbye and good luck Sunggyu-ssi.”



Wait, what?!

………………………………………………………

………………………………………………………

…………………………………………………….s


………………………………………………………


Everything went pitch black. Again.


………………………………………………………

………………………………………………………

…………………………………………………….s


………………………………………………………


As quick as how things turned pitch black, he opened his eyes and found himself inside a dark tunnel.
The walls besides were still for a second, before it slowly moved towards the back, faster and faster gaining speed.
Even though Sunggyu was just standing on the spot, it felt like he was actually driving through the tunnel at light-speed.
And soon, he realised what that kid actually meant by ‘visions’. Like a movie screening jumping through different scenarios,
Sunggyu consciousness was thrown around as if he was everywhere but not in his own body.

He closed his eye and opened again.

Sunggyu was now in a room filled with smoke, the smell of cigarettes buds in every corner of the room.
Even though he know he wasn’t physically there, the smell was so overwhelming he had to stop himself from puking.
The scene shifted in another blink, and he noticed that now he’s in a place with a group of guys.
They were surrounding something, Sunggyu couldn’t see as the big built figures were blocking his view.
Everything was blurry and muffled, but he managed to catch a glimpse of a man with an evil eye symbol tattooed on the back of his neck.
Then again, it changed. This time in a split moment, he felt intense fear as a man in front of him held a metal rod standing above his helpless body.
As he braced for the hit, a gunshot rang. He blinked again. The man with the Iron rod was now dead.
Another man was now kneeling next to him, and patting him on the head, but he couldn’t make out his face.
All he felt was a sense of relief rushing over his body.


“It’s okay… you’ll be fine...


please don’t die on me…


Bandit…”







A/N
Hi all who's still reading this, I'm really sorry if you guys are still waiting for the ending.
I'm wasn't going to give you guys fake promises again, but life has been quite busy on my side as I've started full time jobs etc.
But no matter how long it takes, I will still try to finish this fanfic!!!
Please forgive me for dragging this so long, but if you're still reading this, I sincerely thank you with all my heart TnT) ❤