Prologue

Hidden in Vision



The feeling of being isolated in this place, was horrible.
Black filled his vision. He waited for his eyes to adjust to its surroundings, but they continued to fail him.
Nothing seems to be working. He couldn’t feel anything around him that could guide him in the right direction.
Slowly, he raised his arm in front of him and took tiny steps. There was no way he knew where he was heading.
He couldn’t even see his arms. But still, he knew he had to get out of that place, fast.
Horrible images started flashing through his head the longer he stays.
Beads of water slid down the side of his forehead. He struggled to maintain his breathing as he shuffled through the darkness.

‘Step by step, you can do it…’

Those words suddenly rang through his mind.

“Wha-?”

Who was that?

At that moment, he felt his hand came in contact with something round.
It was cold, but it gave him some sort of comfort at the same time.
Finally, he thought.
Clasping the round object with his right hand, he took in a deep breath, and twisted it.

‘Click’

A gush of fresh air slipped through the gap, he felt the rush of wind against his skin, and rapidly,
the dark room was enveloped with illuminating brightness. Light seared into his vision, and his eyes started to tear under the intensity.
It hurts, but at the same time the feeling of being freed from that awful place was overwhelming.
No matter what, he swore to himself, he would never ever, return to that place again…



“Good job, Kim Sung Gyu. Good job.”