006

The Marked One
Please log in to read the full chapter

Aug 3rd, 2014

 

 

 

 

Someone was screaming. It was a painful scream and it sent shudders to Miyoung’s spine.

Her dream had that aura again. She didn’t have a body, she was like a ghost. She could see everything and everyone but no one was able to see her.

She gulped and took a step forward. The scream was stopping for a few seconds but after the stops it was getting louder and it was sounding more painful. Every cell in her body was screaming her to run away but since she knew this was just a dream she kept going. She had to find who was screaming.

While quickened her steps she also looked her around. The buildings seemed familiar but she couldn’t remember very well. She tried to find a light but everywhere was dark and like it wasn’t enough, night was so cold. Too cold for a summer night.

“Please…” A voice was begging. The timbre of voice only could be belonging to female. “I-I don’t know.”

“You know. But you don’t want to tell, right?”

Miyoung didn’t hear an answer. After a short dead silent she heard an angry shout and a sound of slap. “If you tell me right now I may be let you alive.”

Miyoung was now so close to the voice. And also she was seeing a light. It was too faint but when she looked carefully it was enough for her to see the figures. There was a girl kneeling on the front of two angels. One of them was holding girl’s hair, even from distance Miyoung could tell hold must’ve hurt so badly.

She stopped. Even it was a just dream she always felt like she could touch if she reached out. So maybe other it was same for the ones who she saw.

“Are you going to tell us where all the rats did go?” One of the angels said.

“Come on… It’s not a hard question.” The other one mocked.

“Y-you said…” she sobbed. “You’re going to let me alive if I told where they are.”

“Of course honey! Angels never lie!”

“So are you going to let me go?”

Darkness filled with angels’ loud laughs. The echoes reminded to Miyoung the drunken men’ laughs from the old time. Her father always told her to stay away from that kind of the drunken men.

“You misunderstood something honey. When I told you I let you alive I meant I will not kill you but I will make you one of my personal slaves.”

Just as the girl started to talk the voice began to get rough and husky. Miyoung didn’t understand what girl said. And also the faint light was started to rise to leaving everything its behind in the dark.

She heard one last painful and husky scream.

And then she opened her eyes to awake.

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

She wasn’t afraid from the dreams anymore. Her first dream was scared her like hell. Everything was messy in her dreams. All she understood were screams, shouting and darkness. She had been got up from the floor crying she hadn’t realized that she had been screaming until she heard her own voice. She still didn’t remember anything about her first dream but even thinking the dream was made her want to cry.

Her next dream was much better and lucid. It wasn’t too much actually. She had seen some dogs were chasing her and she didn’t think it was important. It just felt like a strange nightmare and it didn’t have to be a valid reason to see.

But when she found herself chasing by the same dogs –of course they weren’t just dogs, normal dogs much smaller than this two meters high huge dogs and less bloodthirsty- she realized her dreams wasn’t simple as she thought. After a few another dreams and experiences she expected her dreams were showing her the future. Maybe not in you-will-be-master-of-future or now-future-belong-to-you way, not that much. It was like she was listening to a radio program and it was telling to be careful for the next day’s weather. But still she didn’t put her trust to those dreams nor did she ignore them.

But this time she felt different. She felt like she had to do something about this dream.

Never in her dreams had she seen a human or an angel before. Dreams were about little things like the creature might’ve hurt her or about the dangers she might be in. But this time…

It would be two months in a few weeks that she was marked. And only with the help of her powers she made it alive in those districts…

Dobong and Nowon districts –actually she didn’t know which one she was in- were worse than Miyoung’s expectations.

Please log in to read the full chapter