005

The Marked One
Please log in to read the full chapter

July 29th, 2014

 

 

 

 

 

She was running again. As fast as she could do.

Three-eyed wolves were really close now. Since they got a pair of another legs it had to be easier for them to run.

Miyoung always named them as spider-wolves* if her brother, Shin, saw them he would probably tried to housebreak them. But Miyoung was doubted if they ever would chase a stick for to catch like their old dog.

She heard growls which dangerously close to her. She focused on her way and increased her speed. She gave her weight to her right leg and with her all strength she jumped. She only jumped for five meters forward and maybe two meters high. As the moment she felt the ground under her left leg she jumped again. She knew that she couldn’t run forever but she needed time. Spider-wolves were a little bit far now. But they determined to catch their prey.

When she saw her destination she smirked and quickly turned the corner. Now she was in a dead end. She stopped for a moment and caught her breath. The spider-wolves came ten seconds after her and gave her the enough time to prepare her plan.

Since spider-wolves saw their prey was trapped in the corner they slowed down. Their salvia was flowing from their mouth. Some of them their teeth with their long tongue. They seemed really hungry and ready to swallow the dinner.

So do Miyoung.

She attacked without wasting another second. She threw a kick to the closest wolf. The wolf groaned with pain. The other wolves attacked as well but Miyoung was already ready for this. She kicked and punched every attacking wolf.  Sometimes she rolled back and used her weight for her next attack. Sometimes she used the attacking wolf’s weight to lean on for support point.

It didn’t long too much. Even though the spider-wolves were determined creatures they also knew when to give up and save themselves.

But Miyoung couldn’t let all of them to leave. She found the weakest wolf. The rearmost wolf was limping and it was the perfect prey for her. She jumped on the wolf. The other wolves were already gone even if they saw what was happening.

Predator turned to prey.

The wolf of course fought against its enemy. It tried to bite Miyoung and she let it bite. It was painful but it was also the only way finish this quickly. When wolf sank its teeth to girl’s arm, Miyoung used this change to rip its heart out. It wasn’t her first time to rip a heart but still it was strange to stick her hand into a living’s chest and hold the heart with her fingers and put it out.

But also it was the only way she found to kill her preys in less pain.

And she learned long before –even before she had marked- to kill to live.

 

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

 

Sometimes she was thinking it was better being marked in this world.

She was stronger, faster and almost invincible. Running faster than a normal human being, being stronger than her old-self… Life was easier like this. Even in this district, where angels destroyed long ago and caused so much distraction, living was easy. At first she was afraid. Especially at that night when she first faced with spider wolves. They were some kind of creatures only could exist in science-fiction movies. When they attacked Miyoung all she did was trying to escape. One of the spider-wolves managed to bite her and she was sure she was going to die with a wound like that. She lost a lot of blood and she felt she was also losing her consciousness. Miyoung remembered herself lying inside a building and deciding to sleep even though she knew she would never going to open her eyes again. But…

Miyoung did awake with the sunlight falling on her face.

Her wounds were gone in the morning. She was okay. She was still breathing.

After that day, Miyoung decided to discover brand new herself and she enjoyed this more than she imagined. Four years playing rat was a real hell for her. Now she had power to do everything she wanted. With her new powers she learned to live in this district. District was full of creature and it may not be the most beautiful place in the world but she also doubted if there left any beautiful place. Day by day she suited more brand new herself.

She pretended to happy like she was okay like there was nothing left she needed to worry. But in the deep down herself she knew very well she was just fooling herself. She was doing nothing by discovering herself. She was dying day by day even she didn’t feel like that. She needed to find the angel if she wanted to live. Or she needed to find her brother if she wanted to say goodbye to him.

But she couldn’t do that. What would she was going to do if she found the angel who marked her? And what would she was going to do if she was able to find her brother?

Questions were always in her head but there was no answer. Only thing she knew was she was counting for her death in this ruinous district.

 

 

 

 

 

 

July 30h, 2014

 

 

 

 

 

“They can’t do th

Please log in to read the full chapter