001

The Marked One
Please log in to read the full chapter

June 19th, 2014

 

“Is he dead?”

Miyoung shook her head without moving her eyes from the body. “He will wake in a few minutes.”

“How much time we got?” asked Yongbae. It wasn’t his first time but he was still panicking really quickly and that was the reason why he ended up messing the job every time.

“I don’t know. Ten minutes maybe?” Miyoung tried to get up but all the cells in her body protested her moves. Even so, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She had to move.

“We have to be very quick then!” said Yongbae with a clear panic in his voice.

It was really hard for her not roll her eyes. She always hated to go with Yongbae but she was one of the best food finders and it made her to be the only one who had to deal with the coward one.

The body was still lying down on the ground. “Wait,” she said. There was a possibility for an angel that he or she could move even after stab into the heart. Miyoung usually stabbed the angels for two times because of this –she saw once an angel moved and killed the food finders just because the one who stabbed him missed the heart with one centime.

“What are we waiting for!?”

Miyoung didn’t answer the inpatient boy. She waited for ten seconds to make sure that angel would not move.  After she was sure about that she stood up and didn’t lose another second. “You can go to fridge, I will go to storeroom. Take all the food and go.”

“But you-“

“Storeroom is in the basement. I will catch you at the streets. If you saw an angel, just run.”

She didn’t wait for an answer. They didn’t have time for that; they had to be really fast. Angels healing power was amazing. Even after stabbed into the heart it was just taking ten minutes to be back again. Back alive and also angry, really angry. Humans still didn’t know a way to kill an angel and probably they would never learn a way in those conditions.

Angels were calling them rats and Miyoung hated this world with her all heart but deep inside she knew angels were right. They were living like rats. They were hiding in the dark, living in the underground and all the other dirty places in this world. They were stealing food from angels yeah, but only way for that was trapping an angel and after stabbing the angel into the heart they were grabbing the foods from their fridges.

Just like rats. We are waiting for them to sleep and then stealing their food.

But the best part of this, angels were not happy about that. Not at all. And even though it was giving a little pleasure to Miyoung –knowing that they could still make angels angry- this was also caused more trouble for humans. Nearly all of human’s nightmares were facing with an angel who waked from the stab sleep.

An angel is bad but an angry angel is worse.

She walked in silence. She knew this apartment very well. Before the Fall, one of her friend was living in this apartment and she always came here and they mostly played hide and seek.

She never knew that all those games were going to save her life one day.

Storeroom was full of foods. It was easy to find everything. Everything. Even chocolates. Chocolates were really rare to find in last days. She didn’t remember the last time she ate one. Maybe two years ago at her brother’s birthday? Oh, her brother wanted more so she gave her chocolate to him at that time.

She collected all the food she could take with her. She brought four bags with her but if she tried to carry all of them probably she would get catch. Still she filled three bags and three of them were heavy enough to carry for her.

Angel was about to wake. She could say that without looking her watch.

She ran out of the apartment. She knew she dropped so many things from the bags but she didn’t stop to look for them. She lost so much time with Yongbae and also at the storeroom.

Even she was a little bit slow everything was fine. She took the foods, she was out of the apartment and also Yongbae see

Please log in to read the full chapter