A Proposal?

One Shots Parade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A Proposal?
BluesJuice

“Joonmyung, marry me!”

I swear I’ve heard things.

“Are you drunk?”

Frown followed his question, eyes doubting her sanity, and he obviously didn’t have any idea what this girl talking about. It was about 6 am when normally people was swimming on their dream, yet, here he was, standing in front of his apartment door, facing his favorite friend who just said something non-sense with straight and strangely convincing eyes. Yes, her gaze was sincere and it made his heart beat little bit faster. He though recovered fast, he turned around inviting the girl to come inside.

“Come in,” he said, and she followed.

“Oppa, just do marry me,” the girl again uttered that unfunny joke. And again, his heart skipped a beat.

Oppa? He sighed shortly as the word oppa muttered by her careless lips. She never called him oppa, well, she might be really drunk right now, he thought.

His step didn’t stop at the living room of him, it passed the couch and walked towards the kitchen, “stay there, I’ll make something for your hangover,” he pointed the long couch. And being his favorite she was, Eunji didn’t obey his word.

Her petite figure kept following his step, and this time she managed to win over it. “Oppa, please marry me.”

She stopped him, again trapping this man in such a sincere gaze. Joonmyun didn’t even know how to break this stupid joke she muttered like a fatal drunk girl. No, she didn’t seem drunk, yet she was obviously not the usual Jung Eunji he knew.

“Oh come on, what is it this time?”

Joonmyun put his two hands on his waist, looking straight at her eyes he gave up, “what you did this time?” this guy indeed smelled the trouble which yes, it was her daily routine.

The big girl Jung Eunji always managed herself to produce such fantastic stories. Once, she fought her own professor in the hall way of her university, and being a famous man’s daughter she was, Eunji indeed didn’t waste that fact, she humiliated that pity man. Other story told that she had dumped her basketball-player boyfriend in front of their hoobaes, inside campus’s sport center, and in the middle of tournament. She once disappeared from her house for two weeks just because her father married for the second time. She did many things, humiliating people, stopping anything she hated, making scene in front of her high class family were merely her daily routine. That was his Eunji, girl who hated being loved.

These, he didn’t ever buy every tale she told him.

“Just say yes,” and she was indeed persistent girl.

“Seriously, I feel uneasy right now. What you did this time?”

“I didn’t do anything”

“Are you running away from home?”

“I’m not”

“Are you playing marriage arrangement drama?”

“No!”

“Does your father sell you to make company bigger?”

“Why you think that way? No! No one has control of my life”

“Or, seolma . . . ”

“What?”

“Are you . . pregnant?”

“Ya!”

A hard punch almost reached his chest, yet he caught her hand fast, the girl’s eyes now strangely looked teary. This was danger. She never cried before, at least not in front of him, at least when she wasn’t drunk, at least not in early day bringing marriage proposal. No, she couldn’t cry right now. The sudden urge pushed him to hug this little girl.

“I don’t know what happens to you. But do not cry,”

He said realizing his weakness, no, she shouldn’t be this sincere asking for a fake thing like marrying him with teary eyes. It would be hard to be handled by him. Joonmyun was getting stronger day by day, month by month, year by year by being her best friend, her best oppa. And he did his best to kill his feel towards this carefree insensitive girl. No, he would never admit his feeling when the girl he fell for was too far from realizing such a feel.

“Joonmyun oppa, let’s get married”

Damn you Jung Eunji!

_____

Secured by his arms, her tears canceled its schedule. She leaned on his chest, smelling her favorite thing of his. And again, she heard a thing, a thing which she caught these days, a thing which occasionally witnessed by her, a thing which gradually changed her. Every single hug was a proof. And being stupid she was, Eunji never count this thing as a beautiful melody she ever heard, yes, his heart beat.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter