Sky High

One Shots Parade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sky High
muchlovegyuji

When Sky goes to the doctor for a checkup and then her parents get a little too high at night... Not the drug addict kind of high... It's a different high.

"Okay, Sky dear, open your mouth," the doctor ordered as she observed the young girl's throat using her medical equipments.

"Ahh," Sky obeyed the doctor's orders and widely opened .

"Very good, baby!" The pediatrician praised her. However, instead of Sky being proud of of herself she suddenly closes and pouts cutely at the doctor.

"My name is Sky," she whined.

"Yes, I know that and I just-"

"I'm not a baby. I'm Sky!"

Eunji immediately covered her whining mouth and smiled shyly at the doctor. "Sorry, doc. She just doesn't want to be called a baby."

"Oh," the doctor blinked and let out a smirk at the young girl.

"Skyler. Kim Skyler," Sky pronounced her full name sternly when her mom's hand left open.

The doctor laughed at Sky's cuteness and stubborness. She resembles a lot like her dad who used to be her mother's patient. "You are really Kim Sunggyu's daughter, eh?"

Eunji smiled sheepishly at her comment. "Neh, she's kinda particular about her name."

"Just like his dad," the doctor continued.

"Hmm?" Eunji was a little curious of what the doctor just said.

"Aigoo, that Kim Sunggyu. That stubborn husband of yours even cried when my mom gave him a pet name when he was stil a kid."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Since Sunggyu had natural tiny eyes, my mom called him Singkit like Kim Singkit. It's a term in our hometown that means squinty eyes. I don't know but Sunggyu seemed to hate the sound of it so he started yelling at my mom by repeating his full name. His noona eventually closed his big mouth by giving him a lollipop. Good thing it worked. So my mom decided to still call him Singkit but made sure she always had a lollipop with her."

Eunji felt amused with the doctor's story while Sky's throat was being checked but right after the doctor's observation, Sky asked the doctor a really funny question. "Can I get a lollipop too?"

The doctor chuckled at her innocence and Eunji felt embarassed of her daughter's request all of a sudden.

"Kim Skyler," she said sternly and the girl just made a pout similar to Sunggyu's.

"It seems Sky has a soar throat. It'd be better not to give her sweets for the meantime," the doctor finally said. "Sky, you have to take the medicine I'll give you and after a few days I might give you a lollipop, okay?"
The girl just nodded and Eunji bowed to say thank you before they proceeded with the medicines for the child's treatment.

***

"Sky just finished her medicine," Eunji announced as she moved near her husband's side at their huge queen sized bed.

Sunggyu was reading something but he wrapped his free arm around Eunji's body and pulled her closer to his chest. "How's she?"

"She'll be absent for one more day but she's getting better now. She even asked if you could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter