Confusion and Potatoes?

Your Secret Is Safe With Me
 
Minhyun's POV:
 
Since both of my friends were apparently busy doing stuff without me. I spent my Saturday alone, in my room, on the internet. I sighed for the millionth time that day. Yesterday was basically a blur at this point. The only thing I keep thinking of is when Aron hyung complimented my smile. Right afterwards was the whole incident with JR and Ren but I kept wondering what would have happened if the commotion hadn't happened. Would Aron have kept complimenting me? Would he have flirted with me? I blushed at the thought of Aron trying to flirt with me. Before I knew it I was off in a famous "Minhyun Daydream".
 
 
TO DAYDREAM:
 
Aron and I were sitting at a booth at the arcade and he was staring deep into my eyes. I blushed and tried to hide my face. Aron reached over and swatted my hands away.
"Don't hide your beautiful face from me..." He said lovingly. I blushed deeper and nodded in response. He giggled. I felt a little annoyed at his laughter.
"Yah...what are you laughing at?" I asked.
"Oh nothing..." He paused to laugh again. "Just how cute you are..." If it was possible to blush even more, then I certainly did. Next he got up and went to sit right next to me, throwing his arm around me and pulling me close to him.
"H-hyung...people will see us..." I said, feeling shy.
"So? Let them see how perfect you look in my arms." He said smiling at me. I turned to look at him. My eyes getting lost in his.
"A-aron hyung..." I started.
"Yes my love?" I squealed internally.
"I-I was just w-wondering..." I stopped, too shy to say it. He leaned in closer to my ear and whispered softly.
"What is it Minnie? What is troubling my dear?" He was killing me with his romantic lines. I again squealed internally.
"Well....I was w-wondering if you-you'd k-k-kiss...me..." I stuttered, feeling afraid of his rejection. He chuckled deeply.
"Oh dear Minnie...You don't need to ask me...Just go on right ahead." At this point I was on cloud nine. Nothing could possibly bring this moment down. This moment where I would be able to press my lips against Aron's soft, luscious ones. I took a deep breath and leaned in, Aron leaning in as well. We were centimeters apart when I heard my name being called.
 
"Min! Min! Miiiiiinnnn!" It called. I ignored it and kept leaning in but it kept getting louder and louder.
"Minnnn!!! Minhyun!" Again I tried my best to ignore the voice and focus on the man in front of me. But when I looked up I noticed Aron wasn't in front of me. Instead he was replaced with....my mother!?
 
(DAYDREAM IS OVER BTW XD)
 
"HWANG MINHYUN YOU PAY ATTENTION TO ME RIGHT THIS INSTANT YOUNG MAN!" She yelled. I jumped back in shock and fell off of my bed and onto the floor, landing right on my . I groaned in pain.
 
"Mom!!! What are you doing?!"
"I could say the same thing to you mister! I've been calling for the last 10 minutes and I finally come up here to check on you and see you sitting in your room making kissy faces!!" She exclaimed. I blushed in embarrassment.
"S-sorry mom...I was kind of....day dreaming..." She threw her hands in the air.
"What else is new?" She exclaimed. "Anyway, I came in here to ask if you wanted to come to the grocery store with me."
"What? Why?"
"Well I figured since you asked me to make you two crème pies you should come and help me. And anyway why do you need two pies?"
"Uhhh....they're for Ren..." I said, hoping she wouldn't pry further to figure out why he'd want two of her crème pies.
"Of course it is...that boy could eat a bus and still be as skinny as he is!" I laughed, half agreeing with her and half trying to move the subject along.
"Alright so get up and let's get moving! I don't have all day." She said walking out of the room. I got up and stretched.
'Well it's not like I had anything else to do...' And I followed her out of the door and to her car. She started the car and we made our way to the store. The car ride was silent until she began a conversation.
 
"So Min honey...how is school going for you? Everything okay?" She said.
 
Judging by the emphasis on the last part I knew she was talking about the bullies. She knew everything about me and Ren. At first she rejected everything especially me hanging out with Ren who's gay. But after a while she saw that Ren was the only one who understood what I was going through. So she accepted it after a long while. When I told her I was bi-ual she almost fainted. The only thing that kept her from totally melting down was the hope that since I liked both guys and girls that I'd focus more on women. However, that isn't quite the case. Long story short, she came around in the end and understands Ren and I.
 
"Everything is going alright...Ren and I haven't have many run in with bullies so far...." I debated telling her about Aron. Considering my feelings for him, if she ever found out she'd flip. But also considering how she'd probably meet him eventually, I decided to tell her.
 
"There's this new kid...from America that Ren and I became friends with." I said cautiously. She looked over and me and narrowed her eyes a bit.
 
"Oh? And who is this new student from America?" She queried.
"His name is Aron Kwak...he's in Ren and I's grade..."
"Oh so he's a BOY is he?" 'Okay I see where this is going...'
"Mom...It's not what you think...he's just a...friend" I said silently.
"I'm just wondering if he knows about you and Ren being....you know..."
"....He knows..."
"And he's okay with it?"
"Well....y-y-eah he-he's...."
"Is he gay Minhyun?" She asked flatly.
"He's Bi...." I lied. She breathed in relief.
"Okay...Do you know if he's more into girls or boys?"
"He mention something about girls one time..." I lied again. If I told her the truth she might intervene. She honestly meant well and wanted the best for me. Unfortunately, her opinion of the "best for me" involved everything she believed was best for a "normal" straight boy. If she knew Aron was gay then she might make me never him again. Especially if she knew I liked him.
"Oh okay...that's good. I was worried that he'd be interested in you dear....don't take this the wrong way dear it's just...I worry for you sometimes..."
"I know mom..." I looked away from her...fighting the tears coming to my eyes.
 
She didn't reply, being uninterested in the topic now and fully immersed herself in driving again. The rest of the car ride was silent. When we finally got there she smiled at me.
"Okay Minnie let's go get all our groceries so we can get home and bake some delicious pies!" I nodded, not quite in the mood to talk. She paused and looked closer at me.
"Oh sweetie why are you crying?" I brought a hand to my face and felt my wet cheek.
"O-oh...there was an eyelash that fell in my eye..." I once again lied to my mother. She nodded in response.
"Man I HATE when that happens! Especially when you don't have a mirror and just hopelessly probe at your eye trying to find it and only make it worse!" I laughed but didn't respond.
 
We got out of the car and walked into the store. I picked up a basket and followed her around as she put item after item inside the basket. In about 20 minutes it was full and VERY heavy.
 
"Aigoo mom...how much stuff are we getting? Enough food to feed the whole army?" I grumbled. She rolled her eyes at me.
"You know it takes a lot of ingredients to make my famous pie...and we needed a lot of groceries anyway...Now shut up and man up! You need more muscle anyway." She sassed. It was my turn to roll my eyes now. While she was looking at some apples and determining their ripeness I looked around the store. Suddenly I noticed something, or rather someone standing a few yards away by the potatoes.
I took a few steps back in shock.
'Holy shi--!! Why is JR here?! .....it's a grocery store so that's why but I'm still surprised!! Why must he be here the exact time I am!?'
I moved over a few steps in an attempt to hide behind my mother. If only I wasn't 6'1 (183cm) and almost an entire foot taller than her!
'Curse you genetics for making me so damn tall! Well at least he hasn't looked over at me....'  And right on queue, thanks to my luck, he turned in my direction. Panicking I turned to face the opposite direction before fully turned around. 
"Hey...Min dear...which apple do you think is better? This one is a little bigger but not quite as ripe...do you think I should get it anyway?" She asked me.
"It doesn't matter mom...just get whatever..." I muttered, not wanting to turn around fearing JR would see me.
"Yah! Hwang Minhyun, why won't you look at me when I'm talking to you?" She said, raising her voice a bit. Embarrassment rose through my cheeks as I mumbled an apology, hoping she'd drop it. Thankfully she did but the next thing we needed to get was of course...potatoes.
 
Figuring that walking backwards might earn me a scolding from my mom I tentatively turned around and saw that JR wasn't looking at me but back at the potatoes. I breathed a sigh of relief.
 
"Come on Min...let's get some potatoes!!" She said and rushed off towards the potato section. 
"M-mom..." I said rushing after her awkwardly. I made sure to stand a bit of a distance away so that JR wouldn't notice me. He seemed very immersed in choosing potatoes though.
I kept thinking of Ren's plan. 'Well this jerk is certainly going to get it on Monday...it's funny how outside of school he seems so different....must be some sort of tough guy act! Nonetheless he and his gang are terrible and deserve this....' Even though I told myself this some part of me felt guilty. Like maybe he didn't deserve it.
'Oh Minhyun...always a nice guy...' I thought. I was lost in my thoughts until a women's voice alerted me. Except it wasn't my mother's voice. It was some girl who was talking to JR!
 
"Jonghyun....there you are! Are you almost ready to go? It's getting late! We haven't eaten yet either!" She said, carrying a basket filled with various groceries.
"Just a moment JaeHwa....I'm picking out some potatoes.." He said, barely paying attention to her.
"Yah! Jonghyunnnnn~ Don't be so picky! They're all the same! Just pick one and let's go!" She pleaded.
"Noonaaaa! You know I only want the best ones...just calm down...." She rolled her eyes and tried to use aegyo on him but he just laughed at her.
"You're so bad at aegyo noona!" She stuck her tongue out at him and punched him playfully.
 
'Is this his girlfriend?! She called him by his real name so they must be close...and He called her "noona" so she must be older than him...she might be an upperclassmen..I've never seen her before though...' I wondered. I felt a sudden weight added to the already impossibly heavy basket.
 
"Alright Minnie dear! That's all we need so let's check out and go home!" She said and began walking towards the check out. I followed her and threw one last glace towards JR and this Jae Hwa girl. They were still by the potatoes arguing.
 
'Well...at least he didn't notice me there! That would've been impossibly awkward!'
 
"So Minhyun did you know the nice young couple next to us by the potatoes?" She questioned.
"W-w-why do you ask?"
"Just curious...they seem around your age...That young lady was very pretty...aigoo dear why can't you get a nice girlfriend like that??" I rolled my eyes and sighed. 'There she goes again...' She began this rant on the importance of finding a girlfriend and I just tuned her out and started daydreaming again.
 
 
JR's POV:
 
I spent the entirety of my day in front of the TV trying to think of payback for Ren. 'No one sasses me like that and thinks he's so high and mighty to get away with it like that!' I thought grumpily. I considered confronting the rest of my gang about it but they'd probably find it odd how I wanted revenge on him for something so silly and they might take it too far... I wanted revenge but I didn't want the poor guy to be hurt! 'Wow...that's a first...the fearful Kim Jonghyun doesn't want someone hurt....' I shook the thought away. He's bullied enough by other people so he didn't need me bugging him too much. But I was going to make sure I'd get my point across to him.
After racking my brain for idea after idea and deciding that everything I thought wasn't good enough I sighed in defeat and flopped onto the couch.
My sister came home and saw me sulking.
"ohhhhh....my poor baby brother~ What's upset you this time? No more new episodes of your drama?" She teased.
"JaeHwaaaaaaaa! It's not funny! I'm seriously trying to think here!!!"
"Alright, alright...what's bothering you?" She asked, sitting next to me.
"This punk that goes to my school messed with me...I need to show him his place..."
"So? Just get your gang to mess with him...end of story..."
"No...They might hurt the guy..."
"So?? Isn't that what you want?"
"W-well...not this time..." I looked away, hoping to hide my blush.
"Huh? and why the sudden change of heart?" She asked.
"It's n-nothing...I just don't think it's worth hurting him over...."
"Oh? Then why mess with him at all then?"
"Because he deserves to know that he can't go around sassing me!" I exclaimed aggressively.
"Ohhhhhh....I get it now." She smirked. I was taken aback by that smirk.
"W-what's with that smirk??"
"Isn't it obvious? You've met someone who challenged you and you're intimidated! But also intrigued and you clearly want to test him and see how far you can push him. You're bored and having been awaiting someone who can challenge you for a while now. However you don't want to hurt this person because deep down you feel connected to this person and wish to grow close to them." She explained as if it was a simple fact of life.
"Noona....You've been watching too many dramas lately!" She just stuck her tongue out at me and laughed.
"Alright but really...Just how about you and your friends do something to...shake him up a bit...you know...test him?"
"Hmmmmm...." I thought about it. "That does seem like a better idea than what I've been thinking of.." She chuckled.
"Well DUH! I'M the genius in this family!" She exclaimed. I punched her arm.
"Owwie! Meanie.....well I'm going to go make dinner..." With that she got up and left. It was then I got a text from Baekho.
 
 
To: JR
 
Hey man what's up?
 
From: Baekho
 
I responded immediately. I was so busy thinking of a revenge plan I forgot all about him....aren't I just the best friend ever?
 
To: Baekho
 
Nothing much...just chilling. How about you?
 
From: JR
 
To: JR
 
Same here. What'd you do today? It was pretty quiet on your end lol ^_^
 
From: Baekho
 
To: Baekho
 
Haha...I was just...busy working on some stuff.... >:3
 
From: JR
 
To: JR
 
Whoa. What's with that emoticon?? What are you planning THIS time???
 
From: Baekho
 
To: Baekho
 
You're so mean! Always assuming I'm up to no good....okay maybe I am >:)
 
From: JR
 
To: JR
 
If it involves putting Onew's underwear up the flag pole again, count me out! XD
 
From: Baekho
I laughed, remembering that hilarious event. Onew was sooooooo mad! But it was soooo worth it!
To: Baekho
 
Nah! XD LOL That does sound fun though....no I have something else in mind....
 
From: JR
 
To: JR
 
Well spit it out!!!
 
From: Baekho
 
To: Baekho
 
Nah....you'll just have to wait and see ;)
 
From: JR
 
To: JR
 
:( now you're the mean one..
 
From: Baekho
"Jonghyun!!! Can you come here and help me please??" JaeHwa called from the kitchen.
 
To: Baekho
 
Haha...I can live with that :P Don't worry about it bro! Text ya tomorrow or something...My sister wants me to help her cook dinner...BYEEEE
 
From: JR
 
I threw my phone on the couch and went to the kitchen.
"What is it?" I asked.
"Well it seems that I don't have enough ingredients for dinner so I need to go to the store. Can you come with?" I agreed and off we went to the grocery store. Since it was only a few blocks away, we walked.
When we got there we split up so she could get everything she needed. I went to pick up some things for myself when I remembered that we were almost out of potatoes.
'Well what better time to pick some up?'
So off I went towards the potato section. As I was searching for some perfect potatoes I felt like I was being watched. Cautiously, I turned around to see who it was. Looking around I only saw an elderly couple looking at lettuce, some young lady browsing through the carrots, and some woman and tall dude by the apples. The guy was facing the opposite direction so I couldn't see his face. Judging by his clothes and from what I saw of his body he seemed quite young. Around my age perhaps. He looked....familiar though. I couldn't quite place where I knew him from but I just felt like I did. Shrugging I turned my attention back to the potatoes. I was so lost in potato searching that I didn't notice the boy and woman come up right next to me by the potatoes. I only really paid any attention to my surroundings when my sister came back.
 
"Jonghyun....there you are! Are you almost ready to go? It's getting late! We haven't eaten yet either!" She said, her basket full of various groceries.
"Just a moment JaeHwa....I'm picking out some potatoes.." I said, barely paying no attention to her.
"Yah! Jonghyunnnnn~ Don't be so picky! They're all the same! Just pick one and let's go!" She pleaded.
"Noonaaaa! You know I only want the best ones...just calm down...." She rolled her eyes and attempted to use aegyo. I just laughed at her terrible attempt. She always at aegyo. Even I was better than her and I myself was pretty bad.
"You're so bad at aegyo noona!" She stuck her tongue out at me and punched me playfully. I vaguely heard the woman talk to the boy. The thing that caught my attention was a name.
 
"Alright Minnie dear! That's all we need so let's check out and go home!" She said.
'Minnie? Hmmm...could it be...Minhyun?! As in that guy who hangs around Ren all the time?' I glanced over and saw his face. 'Yup....definitely that punk...hmmmm...we were both at the same super market at the same time...small world...'
 
"Yah! Jonghyun! Are you paying attention to me??" JaeHwa grumbled.
"Nope. Not at all. Now let's go home. I'm tired of the supermarket." I said and made my way towards the checkout with my groceries.
"J-jonghyun!!! Wait for your noona!!" She said, running after me.
 
On our way home I thought of the plan I had in store for Ren.
 
'Oh Ren....as pretty as you are...you gotta learn not to sass me like that...' It was the first time I didn't beat myself up for calling Ren pretty and for some odd reason....It felt good...or rather right. Like I was supposed to think he was pretty.
 
'Stop being gay JR! You have a plan to focus on!' And with that, I cleared the thought from my mind.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Wooooohooooo!!!! I was feeling in a great mood for writing and decided to go ahead and write the next chapter :D Double update! That's progress right?? XD Lol The next chapter should be up by the end of the week if not before then. I promise to update more frequently!! Anyway, how do you like JR's plan? hehe...yeah he doesn't quite have one yet...but it will involve Shinee so be prepared....All that will be in the next chapter and or the chapter after that. So...look forward to it. Thanks so much for reading. Your comments are appreciated! :3 Alright...bye.
Oh and don't mind the dumb title of the chapter....I had no other ideas and it sounded good at the time.... ^^"
 
-Icebook231 :3