The Plans pt. 3

Your Secret Is Safe With Me
 
Minhyun's POV:
 
I began making my way through the crowded halls to my second period class. The whole time I had my mind preoccupied with ways of getting JR to go to room 216 right before lunch....which was after this period!! I sighed and scratched the back of my head. I had science next and I was sure that there was going to be a pop quiz and this extra stress was NOT helping. As I neared my classroom I looked over and saw Baekho talking to....Aron?
 
 
Baekho's POV:
 
I was pretty pissed at JR for what he said earlier in math. Saying those things really made me flustered. And I was worried he would actually find out that I do like guys....and potentially Aron. 'I don't know anymore...aissshhhh this is an annoying day!'
 
JR said he wasn't going to skip but still said he'd be late since he remembered some sort of "business" he had to take care of.
 
'such bull...he probably went to take care of his "plan"...'
 
When I was just outside my classroom I saw Aron rushing through the halls. He looked upset. I don't know why but I really felt like I had to talk to him so I rushed over.
 
He seemed surprised to see me and a bit embarrassed since he blushed. I suddenly felt really awkward and nervous as well. I didn't necessarily prepare what to say...
 
"Hey..."  'smoooooth'
"Hey.." He replied.
"Are you okay man? You don't look so good? Are you sick?" I was getting a little concerned for him now. He chuckled a little.
"No no no...I'm fine Baekho...Just...a rough day I guess...." I nodded.
"Yeah I here ya....Monday's are never great anyway" I laughed a bit hoping he would as well. Thankfully he did.
"Yeah true...Well I better head to class...I'll...talk to you...later." He said smiling his typical bright beautiful smile. 'did I just say beautiful?? I mean it is b-but...aiishh this is not the time!' I was a bit too flustered to talk so I just smiled and nodded as he walked past me, waving.
 
I watched as he disappeared down the hall and then I finally made my way into my classroom.
 
 
Minhyun's POV:
 
I couldn't hear what they were saying but I could tell they were being friendly with the way they were laughing and smiling with each other. I saw Aron give him an extra bright smile and I felt my blood boil. I felt a lot of anger towards Baekho at that moment.
 
'JR and Baekho are both terrible people!! First JR is causing trouble with Ren and now his best friend Baekho is trying to steal away MY Aron!!!...wow...I'm already this possessive of him?! I really need to calm down...' 
 
Despite creeping myself out for a minute there I suddenly realized something. JR and Baekho are BEST friends...If I went up to JR and told him that Baekho needed to see him at room 216 he'd probably come!! 'GENIUS MINHYUN STRIKES AGAIN!! but wait....how am I going to find JR and talk to him?' I shook my head. I'd cross that bridge when I got there...at least I had some sort of plan. Now I seriously need to prepare for this pop quiz!
 
 
Ren's POV:
 
I stepped inside the history classroom and the teacher called me over.
 
"Yah! Choi Minki! Your teacher called me and told me that you never showed up to first period!" She explained, eyeing my warily. I shrugged innocently.
 
"I got to school late this morning since my mother was unwell..." I lied. She bought it or just didn't care since she just told me to go sit down. I walked casually to my seat and sat down slowly.
 
On the outside I may seem carefree but on the inside I was a nervous wreck! I spent a lot of time preparing for this silly plan of mine. I did everything myself since I didn't want Minhyun to get caught or in trouble. I didn't want anyone involved except me since this was MY revenge....Aaaannnd I didn't want my friends to get hurt because of something dumb or irresponsible that I did. I did need Minnie's help to lead JR to room 216.
 
I chose that room because it's an older classroom which is mostly a storage room now. No one goes by except a couple janitors or students who need to talk privately. But even then that's usually after lunch so it all needs to happen before. I tried to be confident with my plan but I was still nervous and had a bad feeling.
 
'after all the work I went through it had better work out!'
 
//////FLASHBACK\\\\\\
 
Since I got to school so early I had plenty of time to wander around. Students technically aren't allowed to wander around the school in the morning but if anyone asked I'd just say I was meeting a teacher for extra help.
 
I spent at least 30 minutes walking around various hallways looking for a good location that was both convenient, well hidden, but still well populated by students.
 
I walked down this one hallway with a bunch of music rooms and stumbled across room 216. I looked inside and saw that there was only dusty desks and boxes and stuff which meant that this was a storage room. 'PERFECT! since it's in the music hall it'll be pretty populated but since it's a storage room no one will go inside and see it!'
 
I checked my phone and realized that I never met Minhyun and homeroom would start in a little bit.
 
'...I forgot all about him! But if I tell him....he could get in trouble...'
 
Then I noticed an acquaintance of mine walk down the hall. His name was Baekhyun and he was my lab partner in science. Because of me I saved him from failing dozens of times so he definitely owes me a couple favors.
 
I walked up to him and he gave me a sassy glare.
 
"What is it Ron?" I scowled internally.
"It's Ren..."
"Whatever..." He flipped his hair. 'this ...'
"Listen I need you to do me a favor..." He laughed.
"HAHA! Why would I do YOU a favor? I have more important ways to spend my time!" I was just about ready to slap a ...
"Huh? Is that so? Well then...I'd be a shame if I were absent during that lab project next week? You know...the one worth half of our grade for this semester..." He gasped.
"You. Wouldn't. Dare!! Besides...it'd affect your grade too stupid!" He countered. I smirked.
"Oh I wouldn't worry about my grades...I do plenty of extra credit work to keep my grade afloat. If I failed that I can still earn enough to pass. You on the other hand...might just have to repeat this class...if not the grade..." His jaw dropped and I could practically see smoke pour from his ears. As angry as he was he know that I was right.
"FINE! What do you need so desperately that you need ME to help?!" I smiled.
"I need to you find my friend Minhyun and get those pies he has and give them to me!" Baekhyun scrunched his nose in disgust.
"PIES? What the hell?" I rolled my eyes.
"What were we JUST talking about Baekhyun?" He sighed.
"Alright alright!!! I'll go..." He turned around to leave. I thought for a moment and called out to him.
"And tell him to meet me at Mr. Kwon's after homeroom!" He just nodded and kept walking.
"If you don't come back with those pies I'll skin you alive and burn all your eyeliner! OH and you'll fail that project!!" I added for good measure. I saw him shudder and walk faster away.
 
I sighed in relief and leaned against the door to the room. I figured I'd meet up with Minnie after homeroom to apologize for ditching him and sending Baekhyun. I wouldn't texted him but I figured since Baekhyun's already going to find him, he might as well do it.
 
After about 10 minutes Baekhyun returned and handed me my precious cargo. He looked disgusted.
 
"You weren't kidding about the pies...what are they for anyway? You got a class party or something?" He asked and I chuckled.
"Don't worry about it...it doesn't concern you." He just rolled his eyes.
"Whatever...if that's ALL you need then I'll be going now..." He crossed his arms and left back down the hall. I would've given him a sassy remark or a good slap in the face but I had more important things to worry about.
 
The door to the room wasn't locked so I walked right in and turn on a light. It was crowded with old desks, cabinets, textbooks, and other old school junk into it. I looked all over for a good spot to put the pies. I was thinking that he'd open the door and they'd fall on him like in the cartoons. Luckily for me there was a shelf above the door.
 
I positioned a textbook partially on the shelf and partially on the door. Then I opened the door to test it. After a few tries I discovered that when only partially opened, the book stays on top but when the door and fully open it falls.
 
"Well I'll just have to hope that he opens the door all the way!!" I said to myself. I looked at my phone again and realized that first period had already started and homeroom was over.
 
"Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudgeeeee brownies with hot fudge and sprinkes and like that!!" I exclaimed. [IB: I'm really hungry don't judge!]
 
I had yet again blown Minhyun off. [IB: shoo shoo! go away erts!!]
 
"Dammit...he's probably really worried about me...but I can't exactly go talk to him now...and since class is started I don't think it'd be good if I just strolled in late without and excuse...well...an excuse that doesn't involve the setting up of your plan to pie a fellow student..." I rambled on to myself. I sat down on one of the desks.
 
"Well...I might as well make myself comfy...I'll be here all period!" I laid down on a couple desks and my eyes felt really heavy. 'Well...I didn't get a lot of sleep last night...might as well nap...'
 
I awoke to a buzzing in my pocket. I reached and pulled out my phone. I saw that the period was almost over and I had a bunch of messages from Minhyun. Including one sent just a minute ago. 
 
To Ren:
 
Where ARE YOU????
 
From: Minhyun
 
 
I felt bad about leaving him in the dark through all of this. Especially when I told him I'd need his help. I responded right away.
 
To Minhyun:
 
I skipped 1st period. I have everything set in place. I need your help though. Can you somehow help me lead JR to room 216 right before lunch? Anything you can think of will help I'm sure. Sorry for becoming unresponsive.
 
From: Ren
 
It was important that JR get to this room at some point before lunch. I couldn't do it because he'd suspect something and the whole thing would be ruined. I had no idea how he would do it but I had faith in him. I knew everything would work out. I got up and set everything into place. Then I wandered the halls until the bell rang and I could go to my next class.
 
//////END FLASHBACK\\\\\\\\\
 
I focused now on the worksheet I didn't even notice was handed out. No matter what kind of devious plan I was hatching I still needed to focus on getting a substantial education!
 
 
Aron's POV: 
 
I couldn't stop thinking about Ren. I was worried he really did get in trouble. I was shaken from my thoughts my phone started vibrating in my pocket. I grabbed it and saw that my mom was calling me. When the bell rang, signaling the end of the period, I got up and rushed out of the room. I quickly answered the call and walked to a quiet part of the hallway. 
 
(AM= Aron's Mom)
 
A: Hello?
AM: Aron sweety I need you to listen...
A: What is it mom? Is everything okay?
AM: Honey I won't be able to pick you up afterschool today.....My boss just had to fire a bunch of employees and we haven't found replacements yet. I'm being put on overtime until we're able to find more employees. I won't be home until late so you'll have to figure out dinner yourself along with your father.
A: What??
AM: I'm sorry dear.....I wish I could come home but I can't make. Alright you need to get to class. I love you!
A: Love you too...
 
Once she hung up I hung my head in frustration. I had to have dinner alone with my father. I hadn't spent time totally alone with him since he found out about me and....my ex....He hasn't avoided me per se....but it's clear he isn't quite comfortable around me anymore.
 
It's usually fine when my mom is around but since she's working late now it'll just be us and I'm looking forward to the awkwardness. I sighed and quickly began the trek to my next class, music. As I was walking, Baekho came up to me.
 
I was surprised to see him. We hadn't talked in alone since he came over to my house. I blushed at the memory. I really liked hanging out with him. I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard him speak.
 
"Hey..." He seemed a bit awkward. 'oh no! I'm blushing aren't I?! He's probably weirded out now!'
"Hey.." I replied, worried about saying anything lame.
"Are you okay man? You don't look so good? Are you sick?" He seemed genuinely worried. Almost like he was a concerned boyfriend. I chuckled at that thought and quickly pushed those thoughts away before I blushed again.
"No no no...I'm fine Baekho...Just...a rough day I guess...." He nodded in agreement it seemed.
"Yeah I here ya....Monday's are never great anyway" He laughed a bit and I joined in.
"Yeah true...Well I better head to class...I'll...talk to you...later." I said smiling to show him that I was okay and not dreading this day like there was no tomorrow. 'total liesss....' He just smiled and nodded and I walked past him, waving as I made my way to class.
 
Once inside I was everyone standing up and I looked at the teacher quizzically. He smiled. "Ah Aron....we're switching seats since the last seating arrangement allowed for FAR to much chatter during class." Everyone groaned. Once everyone arrived he gave us our new seats. There were three desks in a row and I was assigned to the middle desk. I saw right between Taemin and Jonghyun. I didn't know them but I knew they were in JR's gang. I prayed that they wouldn't bother me but the heavens were NOT on my side today.
 
"Hey there Aronnnn" Jonghyun greeted as he leaned  towards me.
"Hi..." I replied, not looking at him.
"I saw you talking on the phone earlier...." I gulped and wished I were placed somewhere else now.
"He was?" Taemin joined.
"Yeah! It seemed really important. He even said 'I love you too'!!" I seriously wanted to disappear right now.
"Awwww! How sweet! Who was it? huh?? You got a girlfriend or something??" Taemin inquired, poking me in the ribs. Jonghyun snickered.
"No way Tae! He hangs with the gay duo! It was probably his BOYFRIEND!!!"
"AWWWWWW!!!~" They both burst out into laughter. I felt very angry.
"Both of you stop it! I don't have a boyfriend or girlfriend...that was my mom on the phone..." I said hoping they'd stop. But I only added fuel to the fire.
"AWWWWW~ HOW SWEEEET!! Jonghyun hyung...he's a mama's boy!!" Taemin shrieked as he laughed. I blushed and hung my head in embarrassment. 'how is no one hearing this?!' Jonghyun didn't get to reply as the teacher came around passing out worksheets. They both straightened up and acted like angels.
 
That didn't last long though...all throughout class they kept making cracks at me whenever they had the chance. Once the bell rang I bolted up and was ready to disappear forever when the teacher called me to his desk.
 
Taemin and Jonghyun giggled. "Have funnnn~" They chimed, patting me on the back as they waltzed out the door.
I went up to the teacher's desk.
 
"Yes Mr. Xu?"
"Aron I'm sorry about the seating arrangements...You're such a wonderful student I was hoping in your presence they'd calm down a bit. But all they did was bother you. I would have stopped them sooner but I didn't want to draw a lot of attention to you." He seemed genuinely sorry.
"It's alright Mr. Xu...I understand what you were trying to do..."
"I'll have new seating arrangements for next class and I'll be sure to keep them out of your hair."
"Thanks Mr. Xu"
"Oh and Aron? I hate to bother you but would you mind doing me an important favor?"
"Sure...what is it?"
"I have a few old files in room 216. They're in that big blue filing cabinet in the corner but I haven't had time to grab them. Would you mind getting them for me?"
"Uh...sure."
"Great. Thanks Aron. You're a big help! They're marked 'Mr. Xu' in blue ink. The folders are dark brown so they should be easy to find!"
"Alright" 
 
I exited the room and started looking around for room 216. I had no idea where it was...
'I should have asked Mr. Xu...' I walked up to these two girls to ask if they knew.
 
"Hey there...sorry to bother you both but do you know where room 216 is?"
"It's in the music hall."
"Oh okay. Thank you." 'Really? I was just there! ugh...'
As I was walking away I heard them talk about me.
 
"He was cuuuuteeee~" The once girl said.
"No way!! He's not my type" The other replied.
"Haha! You're only interested in your clumsy mystery man!"
"SHUT UP!!"
 
I did my best to ignore them and continued walking. I tried to hurry so I would still have time for lunch. Eventually I did find the room though. I turned the doorknob and opened the door about halfway. Stepping inside I looked for a light switch. I saw it was behind the door so I closed it and the lights.
 
Looking around the room I saw bunch of old school equipment like desks and books. I coughed at the amount of dust.
 
'Ugh...I better find these files and leave quick!'
 
I spotted the filing cabinet in the corner of the room and set to work finding the files.
 
 
Minhyun's POV:
 
When the period had only a few minutes left I asked the teacher if I could use the bathroom.
 
"Can't you wait until class is over? There's not that much time left..." She said.
"I don't think I can wait..." I lied. She relented and let me go early. Thanking her I exited the room and began looking around for where JR might be. Luck might just be on my side a little because I saw him exit the bathroom as I was walking by. I stopped a bit startled and he just gave me an odd look before he continued walking. The bell rang just then and I realized it was now or never.
 
"Y-yah...J-JR..." I called. He turned around slowly and walked towards me.
"What" Was all he said. I felt intimidated just by his breathing.
"U-uh...." I blanked. All I wanted to do was walk away.
"Is there nothing you want to say? Or do I have to punch it out of you?" He smirked. I shuddered.
"N-no...uh...Baekho...wants to see you...He's waiting by...room...216.." I managed to get out. He looked confused.
"But I saw Baekho just before I left...." I face palmed. I hoped I could come up with a good lie.
"w-well...I saw him just now in the hall and he told me to tell you to see him by room 216!" I said getting more confident at the end. He just stared at me before he finally agreed.
"That's unlike him...normally he'd find me himself....but he's been weird lately...so alright...216 right?" I was so shocked that he actually bought it I almost didn't hear him but I did and nodded in response. He sighed and began making his way there. I did a victory dance in my head.
 
'so far so good...Ren I hope you're proud of me! This better go well!'
 
JR's POV:
 
I didn't necessarily want to listen to that freak but I was a little curious if Baekho was really there. He never goes and gets messengers. He always straight up tells me things. This wasn't like him...at all.
 
'Something doesn't seem right...' As I rounded the corner onto that hall I didn't see Baekho anywhere.
 
'That's odd...where is he? Did that lie to me? I better whoop his for lying! That--' I saw movement from the window inside the classroom. I couldn't see who it was since I was bit dark and they weren't facing me but I could tell it was a guy.
 
'Oh...is it he inside??' I stepped closer and reached for the doorknob.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
YAAAAYYYYY!!! An update :3 Hooray!! Things are getting serious! Finally!! I tried to leave it off at a cliffhanger...sorta. I at those but oh well XD I actually planned things out so hopefully this makes more sense. The last part of the plans will happen next chapter which will be up either today or tomorrow! Hooray! XD
 
Everyone in the comments likes Jren but I wanted to add more Baekron since that's what it's more so about! Don't worry you'll get your Jren soon ;) Just you wait~ First comes Baekron though XD
 
Btw when I was writing Aron's POV I was listening to a music playlist and SHINee's "Hello" came on and I was dying XD It helped me write some SHINee characters in it :3 Sadly they're mean characters :( but oh well...it's all for the plot of the story
 
I love your comments so keep posting them! Enjoy your day~ Love you!
 
-Icebook231 :3