First Day pt. 2

Your Secret Is Safe With Me
Baekho POV:
 
     After a very long (and kind of awkward) math class, next was art. Art was definitely not my favorite subject but I got to spend it with JR so that made it pretty fun I guess. I took my seat next to JR and we began to talk about random stuff until JR said,
 
"hey did you see that new kid in our math class?"
"yeah..what about him?"
"I don't know...he seems pretty weird..."
"what do you mean?"
"I don't know. there's just something about him..."
I just shrugged and took out the sketches we're working on in class. I was still busy thinking about the new kid though.
'is there something weird about him? He seems pretty normal...yeah he's really attractive but other than that he seems just like any other shy student...whatever..' I shrugged off those thoughts and began working on my sketch again. After a while I stopped sketching and took a look at my work.  It was originally supposed to be a person but now it kind of looks like a creepy monkey or something. I sighed and crumpled it up.
"JRrrrr~" I whined.
"What?" He said without even looking over at me.
"I can't draw to save my life...help me pleaseeee"
"Ha...what happened to your last sketch? It was pretty good."
"I threw it out...it was really creepy"
"And what do you want me to do?" He said sighing.
"draw something for me?? come on please! You're a good artist" I said using puppy dog eyes.
He sighed again. "Fineeee! But this is the last time!!" He reached into his sketchbook and pulled out a random sketch of a simple landscape.
"Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!" I said giving him a big hug.
"Agh--! Dude! I can't breathe! Stop being gay and let go of me." He said ending it with a laugh.
I tensed up at the last part. I knew he was joking and wasn't trying to be offensive but I was still hurt a bit.
"Dude? you okay?" He asked me seeing as how I was tensed up.
"y-y-yeah...I'm fine...just umm...not feeling the greatest. I'm gonna head to the bathroom." I said getting up. He just nodded and turned his attention back to his sketch. After notifying the teacher where I was going I made my way down the hall towards the bathroom. Except I had no real intentions of going there. I just needed an excuse to get out of there. I looked at a clock hanging on one of the walls and saw that there was only five minutes left of class so I figured I might as well just wander the halls until the bell rings. After turning down a hall I noticed a boy at his locker at the end of the halls. Except it wasn't just any boy. It was the new kid.
'what's he doing out at his locker so early?' I wondered. Suddenly the bell rang and the hallways quickly filled up with people. Now was lunch time and today was fried chicken Monday which is like the only good thing about Monday! I was about to turn the opposite direction when I heard JR and all my friends. I looked around to see where their voices were coming from and I noticed them at the end of the hall. Surrounded by a locker. Except it wasn't just any locker. It was the new kid's locker.
 
Aron POV:
 
     After math class I had music class which was pretty fun. It went just about the same as math class did. (except without any awkward staring) And the teacher was really nice since the music room was on the complete opposite side of the school as my locker he let me go a few minutes early since I'm still getting used to the school. I was busy putting some books in my locker when I felt as if I was being watched again. But then again I've been getting this feeling all day. It was probably just some kid passing by in the hallway. Suddenly the bell rang and the hallways filled up with people. I was about to close my locker when I noticed a bunch of guys walking towards me out of the corner of my eye. I turned around just as they gathered around me, preventing any means of escape. I gulped, scared for whatever they could want.
 
"Hey new kid!" One of them said. He had tan skin, a slender but muscular frame, intimidating dark eyes, and deep black hair. I think I recognized him from math class but I don't know his name.
"H-hi." I responded nervously. The guy just snickered.
"Why so nervous newbie? We won't hurt you...well me might not.." He said causing his friends to snicker as well.
"Listen....I-I don't want any t-trouble..." I stuttered out weakly.
"Neither do we! But, to make sure there won't be any there's a few things we just want to make clear." He said cracking his knuckles.
 I gulped. 'Okay there is no way I'm walking away from this without a black eye. I just hope it'll be over soon so I could limp the nurse's office with enough time left to eat lunch.'  I saw he was coming closer and his fist was raising with each step he took. I closed my eyes and braced for impact. But instead I heard someone yell, "YAH! JR!" I opened my eyes, surprised at the outburst. The boy who was going to punch me, I'm guessing JR, stepped back and smiled. "Baekho! Just in time~ we were having a..chat..with the new kid!" He said. Baekho walked closer and he seemed kind of mad. 'oh no...I hope he doesn't hit me too!' I thought and began panicking a bit. But Baekho just simply said "Guys, leave him alone."
Everyone just looked at him weirdly. Even I did! He seemed a little flustered now and he quickly added. "He's new so do you really think he'd mess with us? And besides it's fried chicken Monday and I don't wanna miss out on my favorite part of the day just because you guys decided to be punks!" I was baffled. He was standing up for me!...for a bit of an odd reason but hey, I was glad either way.
All the guys surrounding me were just like "fried chicken Monday? No way! I totally forgot about that!" And sprinted off towards the cafeteria. All except Baekho. He was staring at me. I felt my heart beat faster and my face heat up. "T-t-thank y-you for that." I said.
"It's nothing. Look, just ignore them. They're just a bunch of punks looking for ways to cause mischief....but they don't mean much harm."
I just nodded and watched as Baekho turned and walked away following his friends. I stood there for another minute until I finally closed my locker and made my way to the cafeteria as well.
 
Baekho POV:
 
     When my friends and I made it to the cafeteria and got our lunch it was as if the whole thing with the new kid just never even happened! I sighed and took a bite out of my chicken. Everyone was carrying on as usual until the smartest one in our group, Minho [IB: hehe here comes shinee :3] spoke up.
"You know...I agree with Baekho. That new kid doesn't deserve any trouble."
"What do you mean? He's just some random kid! Who cares?" responded Jonghyun the vainest one in our group.
"He's probably having a hard enough time barely knowing Korean. I don't think we need to put extra stress on him by bullying the poor kid!" Minho retorted.
Jonghyun just stared at the ground. Everyone knew that Minho was right, he always was.
"Speaking of the new kid...I don't think he's having too rough of a time.." said our cutest one Taemin.
"What makes you say that?" Jonghyun asked. Taemin just pointed to a table across the room where the new kid was hanging out with two boys and they all seemed to be laughing at something.
"Wait...is that?" Taemin wondered outloud trying to look closer.
"Yup...it's them." Jonghyun agreed. By them Jonghyun means Ren and Minhyun. They were constantly bullied and ever since they met in middle school they became known as an inseparable duo. I never really liked them that much. But I don't hate them...I couldn't bring myself to because the whole reason they're bulled is because they're not straight. Even if my friends and never talked to them or anything it doesn't mean they don't talk about them.
"Wow...they're trying to turn the new kid!" Said Key our (usually) kindest one.
"Maybe they're asking for a !" Joked Onew our silliest friend. Everyone laughed at that, even me so my friends didn't suspect anything. But while I may be laughing on the outside but on the inside I was a mess. It was moments like these that made we scared to ever tell my friends I was actually gay. I wish I was at least bi because then I could just try and focus on women but unfortunately, ever since I was younger I just never liked girls.
    
      I'm not exactly sure how it happened. I just started noticing that I was more excited to be around guys than girls. But I really noticed when I discovered that I was really excited to be around a certain guy. He was my best friend and I somehow fell in love with him and his kind smile, gorgeous eyes, handsome face, fun personality....okay I'm getting carried away now! Anyway, he was as straight as a board and he had to move away. I was heartbroken and best friend-less. It was awful! Some of my other friends started to tease me about how I always cried after he left. They said that I was acting like he broke up with me, how I was his "girlfriend", and how I liked him. I knew they were just being asses but I was still really hurt by their words and scared about what they'd say if they found out the truth. So I vowed to keep my secret...secret.
        
     But all of that was when I was like 10, now I'm 17 and I've learned how to control myself. So as long as I don't fall in love with anyone my secret should remain safe. I don't think I have to worry about that though because all of the guys I know I'd rather jump out of a window than be with (some more than others). But some of them make good friends and I'm glad to have them. I'd like to keep them though and I have no idea how they'd react. Especially considering we're not the nicest people in the school. I would call us bullies per say...more like a group of troublemaking punks who want things to happen their way and you're in their way they'll make sure you're out of the way. Or at least, that's how Onew likes to describe us.
    
      I took another look towards the new kid and I saw how he had a big bright smile. My heart started beating faster. 'What the--' I thought.
"Yo Baekho? You alright dude? You're face is all red?" Key said turning to me. Everyone looked at me and agreed. JR put his hand to my forehead. "You are a bit warm...didn't you say you weren't feeling that well earlier? Do you need to go the nurse?" JR looked a bit worried. I just smiled and laughed it off saying it was nothing. There were a few more protests but when the bell rang everyone quickly left to rush to their classes. I was quick to join them running off to my next class.
 
Aron POV:
 
When I entered the cafeteria I immediately panicked. I had no idea where to sit! I hadn't made any friends and I barely knew anybody enough to ask to sit with them. I suddenly saw an empty table on the far right and I quickly made my way over to it. I began eating the lunch I packed when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw two boys standing there. There was a tall slender boy with cat like eyes, a youthful face, dark brown hair. Next to him was a shorter boy...or was it a girl? I'm guessing it's a boy since they're wearing a boy's uniform....anyway they had very feminine features with big bright eyes, small pink lips, a thin frame and bleached blond hair with bangs across his forehead and tied into a low ponytail.
"ummm....excuse me but what are you doing at our table?" The blond boy asked.
I quickly snapped out of my reverie and stood up. "o-oh I'm sorry...I didn't realize this was someone's table...I can leave if you want.."
"Wait! Hold on a second...aren't you that new kid everyone is talking about? The hot guy from America??" The blond boy exclaimed.
"uhhh....I guess so..." I replied.
"Wow!! I've never met an American before!!! That's so cool! So you can speak English? I'm so jealous! My English !" The blond kid blabbered putting an arm around me as if we were close friends.
"Ren." The tall boy said sternly.
"Oops sorry." Ren said removing his arm. "hehe yeah I can get really carried away sometimes....sorry." he added.
"it's okay..." I said laughing nervously.
"OH! We haven't introduced ourselves! I'm Ren....well actually my name is Choi Minki but I prefer the nickname Ren. I think it suits me! Anyway and this is Hwang Minhyun. But I just call him Minnie. But I don't know if he'll let you call him that" Ren said laughing at the end. Minhyun just rolled his eyes at Ren's silliness.
"It's nice to meet both you. My name is Aron Kwak." I said kindly, smiling warmly. Ren was about to say something else when Minhyun cut him off.
"Listen, I know Ren wants to be friends with you and I don't mean this in a bad way but we're not good with making friends....or rather keeping them.."
"huh? Why?" I asked, confused by Minhyun's serious tone.
"Well you see...." Ren started nervously twiddling his fingers. "not everyone is comfortable around us..."
"Why?" I asked again still not understanding.
"Well....I'm gay. And Minnie here...is bi...so we get bullied quite a bit...sorry for being blunt and I understand if you don't want to be our friend.." Ren said sadly.
"oh...." I said finally understanding "Don't worry guys, I'm in no place to judge....I'm gay too." I said nervously.
"Whoa! Seriously? With your good looks I would have figured you'd be a huge ladies man!" Ren exclaimed.
"hehe...uh...thanks?" I said awkwardly.
"So....ummm...are we friends now?" Ren asked, eyes full of hope.
"If you'd accept me...I'd love to be friends with you guys." I said smiling brightly. Ren squealed and hugged me really tightly. "yaaaayy!!! Now I have someone to help me with my English homework!! Minnie aren't you excited to be friends with Aron?? We're all going to be best friends forever!!!" Ren said excitedly. Minhyun just sighed and sat down across from me. I was worried he was upset about being friends with me but to my surprise he looked at me and gave me a bright, welcoming smile. I smiled back and was about to say something to him but the bell rang and he just stood up and left. Ren got up as well and dragged me out the door saying something about friendship and English homework again. I smiled to myself, happy that I had actually made friends that day. I just hope the rest of my day goes this smooth!
 
Minhyun POV:
 
Ren and I walked into the cafeteria later than usual because we ran into two bullies and Ren's hair got messed up so he insisted we both walk to the teacher's bathroom to fix it because it had the best lighting and the biggest mirror. I was happy when we finally made it to the cafeteria as I was starving! Ren was going on about something that happened in his last class when all of a sudden he stopped talking. I looked at him confused.
"What's wrong Ren?"
"There's some boy sitting at our table! Look!" He said point in the direction of our usual table. I looked over to where he was pointing and I stopped walking. 'Omg! there is a boy sitting at our table!! A really cute boy...' I thought to myself as I felt my heartbeat increase.
"Wow...he's hot...but I've never seen him before....weird...you'd think you'd remember a face that handsome!" I simply nodded in response, too busy ogling over the boy. I didn't notice that Ren had walked up to the table until I saw him block my vision of the boy. I quickly rushed over by him just in time to see the boy turn around and face us with surprised eyes. 'Oh my goodness!! He really is gorgeous!!' I exclaimed in my mind. I could feel my face heat up and I just prayed no one would notice.
"ummm....excuse me but what are you doing at our table?" Ren asked the boy.
The boy quickly stood up and nervously said "o-oh I'm sorry...I didn't realize this was someone's table...I can leave if you want.." 'Wait don't leave...'
"Wait! Hold on a second...aren't you that new kid everyone is talking about? The hot guy from America??" Ren exclaimed. 'are you serious Ren?! you did not just say he was hot in front of him like that! ughh...I can feel the red on my cheeks!'
"uhhh....I guess so..." He replied, clearly unsure on how to respond to Ren's outburst.
"Wow!! I've never met an American before!!! That's so cool! So you can speak English? I'm so jealous! My English !" Ren putting an arm around him as if they were close friends. I felt a pang of jealously seeing Ren so close with the boy all of a sudden.
"Ren." I said sternly.
"Oops sorry." Ren said removing his arm. "hehe yeah I can get really carried away sometimes....sorry." he added.
"it's okay..." The boy said laughing nervously. 'Omg his laugh is soooo cute!'
"OH! We haven't introduced ourselves! I'm Ren....well actually my name is Choi Minki but I prefer the nickname Ren. I think it suits me! Anyway and this is Hwang Minhyun. But I just call him Minnie. But I don't know if he'll let you call him that" Ren said laughing at the end. I just rolled my eyes at Ren's ridiculousness. To be honest I really did want the boy to call me Minnie...heck he could call me anything as long as he'd talk to me. 'oh no...this isn't good...I'm acting like some cliché love struck teenager in a drama or something!' 
"It's nice to meet both you. My name is Aron Kwak." He said kindly, smiling warmly. His smile was so warm I could feel myself melting! As much as I wanted to be friends with Aron I knew I should have him know the truth about us so that way I can get the possible heartbreak out of the way. Ren was about to say something else when I cut him off.
"Listen, I know Ren wants to be friends with you and I don't mean this in a bad way but we're not good with making friends....or rather keeping them.."
"huh? Why?" he asked, confused. 'oh gosh he's even cute when he's confused!'
"Well you see...." Ren started nervously twiddling his fingers. "not everyone is comfortable around us..."
"Why?" He asked again still confused.
"Well....I'm gay. And Minnie here...is bi...so we get bullied quite a bit...sorry for being blunt and I understand if you don't want to be our friend.." Ren said sadly.
"oh...." Aron said finally understanding "Don't worry guys, I'm in no place to judge....I'm gay too." He said nervously. 'wait what?! He's gay?! As in I have a chance with him?! Omg I might pass out...'
"Whoa! Seriously? With your good looks I would have figured you'd be a huge ladies man!" Ren exclaimed.
"hehe...uh...thanks?" He said awkwardly.
"So....ummm...are we friends now?" Ren asked, eyes full of hope. 'oh please say yes...' I hoped.
"If you'd accept me...I'd love to be friends with you guys." He said smiling brightly. Ren squealed and hugged him really tightly. "yaaaayy!!! Now I have someone to help me with my English homework!! Minnie aren't you excited to be friends with Aron?? We're all going to be best friends forever!!!" Ren said excitedly. I just sighed and sat down across from him. On the outside I seemed upset but on the inside I was ecstatic. I looked over at Aron and saw him give me a worried, nervous look. 'uh oh...you've been a creepy silent zombie the whole time! He probably thinks you don't like him! But what can I say to him?' Since I had nothing to say I gave him the brightest smile I could muster. He smiled back and looked like was about to say something but suddenly the bell rang so I just stood up and began leaving. Ren got up as well and dragged Aron out the door saying something about friendship and English homework again. I smiled to myself, happy that Ren and I had actually made a friend. We've been all each has had since middle school. I hope Aron will like us!...hopefully me more than Ren.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Okay end of chapter 2...this was rather long. Sorry! ^_^"" I just wanted to get a lot of stuff in and introduce Ren and Minhyun and it wasn't really on purpose but somehow Minhyun ended up being a total Aron fangirl and Ren is extremely hyper XD .....yeah I don't know either lol.....oh! I hope you enjoyed Shinee in this. I didn't know what to do for JR and Baekho's little gang and I wasn't sure if I wanted to make up people or add in people...I decided to add in the first band that came to mind and that happened to be Shinee so...yeah :D  Also, I'm sure you figured this out but the stuff in italics is the person's thoughts....just making sure you know! Alright so stay tuned for chapter 3! bye!
 
<3 --Icebook231 :3