Awkward Saturday pt. 2

Your Secret Is Safe With Me
 
Aron's POV:
 
After a good half an hour passed with pretty much nothing getting done and a whole lot of awkward silences, I decided it would be a good idea to try and break the ice.
 
'I mean...we hardly know each other. So it's natural we'd be a little awkward around each other, right? Maybe if we talked a bit it we'll be a bit friendlier?' I decided it was worth a shot at least so I cleared my throat and turned to face Baekho completely. He looked at me, waiting for me to say something but I froze up.
 
'Crap! I didn't think of anything to say!!! Well what would you say to break the ice in America??'
 
"So....." I said. 'Smoooooth'
Baekho smiled lamely, "so.." Another awkward silence enveloped. 'Come on Aron! You are cooler than this! Just talk to him!!'
 
"So....any ideas for the project?"  'Wow...that was even smoother than last time.'
"Hmmmm....not really....Well....actually....nah never mind...it's not very good.." He faded off.
"No what is it? Any idea is better than nothing." I said smiling. Hoping to appear friendlier.
I noticed his cheeks flush a light pink but I figured he might be embarrassed by his idea.
 
"Well.....I was thinking about making a test or something....with some math problems.......yeah I know it . Just forget it."
 
I was shocked. I was just thinking about doing a simple PowerPoint presentation about one of our units of math. His idea was way better.
 
"No that's a great idea Baekho! And maybe we can make copies of it and Mrs. Lee can use it for extra credit!" I exclaimed getting more excited by the idea by the second. 'Or am I just excited to be working with Baekho?....'
 
"Hey....I guess that is a good idea...you want to do that then?"
"Yeah."
"Great. We have our project then!" He said smiling, his eyes disappearing into little crescents. I felt my face heat up.
"G-great. So what should we do now?" I said, hoping he wouldn't notice my blush. Baekho just shrugged.
"I don't know. The project isn't due for 3 weeks....so we have plenty of time to work on it."
"So how about we work on some individual stuff during the week and on weekends we meet up?" I suggested.
"That sounds good."
 
Now that we got all the important stuff out of the way there wasn't much else to do. It's only been about an hour and I don't know what to do anymore.
 
'oh gosh! He probably thinks I'm a terrible host!!'
"Are you hungry?" I asked.
"No not real--" He was cut off my a loud growling from his stomach. His face burned a bright crimson. I began laughing really hard. After a little while he joined me. Once we calmed down I said, "Come on. Let's get some snacks." Baekho nodded and followed me downstairs to the kitchen.
 
Baekho's POV:
 
Being in Aron's home was nerve wracking. I had no idea what to do. I really wanted to be all cool and funny but I couldn't think of anything relevant to say. There are so many awkward silences I'm surprised I haven't gone insane yet!
 
"So....." Aron said, breaking the silence.
I smiled lamely, "so.." Another awkward silence enveloped. I felt like I should speak up but I didn't know what to say. 'Why am I being so lame?!'
 
"So....any ideas for the project?" He said.
"Hmmmm....not really....Well....actually....nah never mind...it's not very good.." I faded off having no faith in my idea.
"No what is it? Any idea is better than nothing." He said smiling. He looked absolutely handsome. I could feel my face color.
 
"Well.....I was thinking about making a test or something....with some math problems.......yeah I know it . Just forget it."
"No that's a great idea Baekho! And maybe we can make copies of it and Mrs. Lee can use it for extra credit!" He exclaimed, surprising me slightly. 'wow...he really likes my idea?' I felt a whole lot more confident knowing he liked it.
"Hey....I guess that is a good idea...you want to do that then?"
"Yeah."
"Great. We have our project then!" I said smiling. I noticed Aron's face turn a little red. 'why's he blushing? Am I being weird? Oh gosh...'
"G-great. So what should we do now?" He said, stuttering slightly. I just shrugged.
"I don't know. The project isn't due for 3 weeks....so we have plenty of time to work on it."
"So how about we work on some individual stuff during the week and on weekends we meet up?" He suggested.
"That sounds good."
"Are you hungry?" He asked me.
"No not real--" I was about to say but my stomach decided to betray me and sound like it hasn't been fed in weeks. 'kill me now!' My face burned a bright crimson. Aron just started laughing really hard. After a little while I saw that it was actually pretty funny and I joined him. Once we both calmed down, Aron said "Come on. Let's get some snacks." I nodded and followed him downstairs to the kitchen.
 
When we were there he went to his cupboards and pulled out a box of cookies, a bag of chips, and two water bottles.
"Are you fine with this?" He asked.
"Yeah! Those are my favorite chips!"
"Whoa really? Mine too!" He opened the bag and began munching on a few. I joined him.
 
"You want to watch some TV?" He said, still chewing. I nodded, mouth too full of chips. Grabbing all the food we walked into his living room and sat on the couch. He turned it on and flipped through the channels. He stopped on one channel that was playing some loud American action movie.
 
"How's this?" Aron asked. I crinkled my nose in slight disgust. I had never been a fan of crazy action movies like those.
"ehh...I don't like these kinds of movies."
"Say whaaaat?? I love these movies! They're awesome!"
"Eh...I just don't."
"How come?"
"They're annoying.."
"Alright if you say so..." With that he flipped through the channels again until he landed on a drama. It was my favorite one: "Secret Garden".
 
"Oh boy...another silly drama...I don't understand these things!" He said rolling his eyes.
"They're not THAT bad..." I said laughing at his bored expression.
"My mom has been watching these all the time! They don't make sense. A rich guy isn't just going to fall for some random poor girl like that..."
"Hey! This is my favorite drama! don't knock it until you've tried it!"
"To be honest...I've never actually watched an entire episode...."
"aha! Don't worry! I shall make it my mission to convert you over to the drama side!" I froze a little since I realized I probably sounded like a huge geek.
"Haha alright....we'll see about that." He said in between laughter. I began to laugh a little too. "Oh and I'll have to work on getting you to like action movies!" He added.
"We'll see about that." I repeated his previous words. Aron opened his mouth to say something when his cellphone rang. He excused himself to get it and I remained on the couch watching the drama. After a few minutes I had to go to the bathroom but Aron was still gone. 'I'm sure I can find it on my own...' 
 
I began wandering aimlessly around the house until I passed by the room Aron was on the phone in. I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I couldn't help myself.
 
'I wonder who he's talking to...'  I could only hear what Aron was saying and even then I was clueless. Turning to leave I stopped when I heard my name mentioned.
 
"Yeah...no I'm sorry....I'm a bit busy....with Baekho....You know Kang Baekho....No way...why do you ask?...our project...calm down...nothing is going on....why would he?....he would not!....you're being paranoid....I think he's nice....look I gotta go...bye..."
 
Realizing he was ending the call I quickly ran down the hall back into the living room.
'He was talking about ME....but why...and with who?' My thinking was interrupted when he walked back into the room.
 
"Hey! Sorry I took so long...it was just....a friend." He said, rubbing the back of his head nervously.
"Don't worry about it!..." I replied smiling.
 
It seems as though we have a knack for creating awkward silences since yet ANOTHER one enveloped. But this time it seemed both of us were too into our thoughts to try and break it. After an ETERNITY....or rather 5 minutes....Aron began flipping through the channels again. He stopped on this one comedy show.
 
"Hey...how's this show?" He asked hesitantly.
"Huh?...oh I love this show!" I exclaimed truthfully.
"Me too! I watch it all the time!" He chirped.
"Hehe I guess we finally have something we both like!"
"Yeah..."
 
We both then began watching the show. At first we were pretty quiet but after a little while we were cracking jokes at every chance and stuffing ourselves with snacks. It was great! I found out that Aron and I had a pretty similar sense of humor. Even after the show ended we were still talking and making jokes. When we needed to catch our breaths from laughing so much we just talked. We talked about school, family, friends, music, anything really. Aron was so interesting and funny it was hard not like him and laugh along with him. In no time it seemed like we were really close!
 
Laughing I glanced over at the clock and gasped in shock. Aron also looked over and was surprised too. The TV show ended almost 3 hours ago! It was almost 5 now!
 
"Wow it's really late...." I remarked, sadly.
"Yeah..." Aron agreed seemingly upset as well.
I'd better go home soon..."
"Yeah..." He repeated. At the thought of going home I felt a small knot form in my stomach. After spending such a great time here with Aron, going back to my boring lonely home sounded dreadful.
'But I don't want to overstay my welcome....'
 
I stood up to get ready to leave and Aron stood up too. We both exchanged looks and I found myself almost lost in his deep brown orbs. I felt my heartbeat increase and my face heat up.
'He's so....beautiful...' We both just stood there staring at each other until a loud, shrill voice woke us up from our trances.
 
"Arrrrroooonnnnnnnn!!!!"
"oh no..." He said.
 
Aron's POV:
 
As soon as I heard that shrill voice I knew that I was in trouble. I began silently panicking as I heard her footsteps and voice come closer to the living room.
"Aron!! I'm home? Sorry for being so late! I didn't expect to be out for the whole day it's just that--"
She stopped talking once she entered the room and saw Baekho standing there.
 
"Oh" she said "I uh....didn't realize you had a friend over..."
"Yeah mom this is my classmate Baekho. We were working on a project for our math class."
Her eyes shifted to the snacks out and the television. I noticed a silent rage churning behind her eyes.
 
She hates it when I do things without telling her. Regardless of the reason why.
We were having a short but intense stare down while Baekho finally spoke up.
 
"Hello Mrs. Kwak. I'm Kang Baekho. It's very nice to meet you. You have a lovely home."
Luckily, she became distracted by the sudden compliment and broke our stalemate.
 
"OH! Well thank you so much! How kind of you dear! Aren't you just the cutest thing!"
Baekho smiled politely in response and began to make his way to the door.
 "Well it's getting late...I'd better head home..."
"No no! Why don't you stay for dinner dear?" She asserted.
Baekho seemed quite taken aback at this. "Oh n-no it's fine. I don't want to impose..."
"Nonsense! It's no problem at all! I'd...or rather WE'D love to have you!"
Again it seemed Baekho was at a mental crossroad.
"Well....If you insist...." he guessed.
"Great! Why don't you boys go up to Aron's room and wash up while I get started cooking. It should only be about 15 minutes. Alright?"
We both nodded and made our way upstairs. On my way mom grabbed my arm and whispered in me ear.
"You. Me. Talk. After he's gone. Alright?"
I nodded vigorously and quickly ran up after Baekho. Once we entered my room I sat down on my bed and sighed.
 
"Hey....look I'm sorry about my mom...she can be really pushy and stubborn sometimes..."
"It's okay....She seems really nice."
"Yeah...." I could sense an awkward silence coming so I quickly uttered the first thing that came to mind.
 
"So...you're friends with JR and that whole gang..." 'what kind of conversation starter is that?!'
"Oh sorry...that's a weird topic..." I said nervously and Baekho just smiled and laughed bit.
"It's cool...and Yeah....they aren't actually as tough as they seem though...most of them are wimps!" 
"Really? They all seem so.....no offense but....kind of scary..."
"hehe....yeah it's all an act though. Most of them would flee at just the thought of danger! It's funny!"
"Hmm...Why is it you guys cause so much trouble then?"
He took a minute to think before responding. "to be honest....I don't really know...we all just kind of look out for each other...but take it to the extremes sometimes...."
"I get what you mean...."
"Anymore questions?"
"Nope. Sorry again. That must have been awkward to talk about like that." Baekho laughed again and pat me lightly on the shoulder.
 
"What did I say a minute ago? It's fine. Learning more about someone makes you closer to them."
I could just barely hear him over the sound of my heartbeat. When his hand touched me a felt an odd electric spark. It felt as though there were little electric currents spreading all throughout my shoulder. My cheeks warmed up and my throat felt dry.
 
'Whyyyyy?! What is wrong with me?!' Thankfully for me I heard my mom calling us down for dinner.
When we entered the kitchen/dining room we were overwhelmed by the powerful smell of spaghetti. It was just then how hungry I realized I was.
 
"Wow this looks great Mom!" I exclaimed and quickly sat down. Baekho smiled and took a seat next to me.
"Yeah this looks great Mrs. Kwak!" He agreed and took a bite. "WOW! This tastes amazing!"
My mom giggled in response. "Aw shucks...you're making me blush!" She giggled again and I just rolled my eyes. Sometimes she could just be so weird!
 
All throughout dinner my mom asked Baekho and I questions. Mostly stuff about school but there were a few about Baekho's parents.
 
"So Baekho...what do your parents do for a living?" He froze mid-bite. Had I not been busy shoveling pasta in my mouth I might have noticed him fidget nervously.
"They uh...work in a big office..."
"What kind of office?"
"Uh...well it's this big business.."
"What kind of business..."
"uh...." I then decided to interject.
"Mom....stop trying to interrogate him!"
"Sweetie I'm just trying to make conversation....oh alright...I'll drop it." I noticed Baekho give me a look of thanks and continued eating happily. I smiled and did the same.
More conversation passed, this time more friendly and leisurely and by the time we were all finished eating mom and Baekho were both talking and laughing as though they'd known each other for years. We all talked so much that when we finally settled down we realized it was close to seven.
 
"Oh my! Look at the time! It's so late! Let me drive you home dear!" Mom exclaimed already getting up and grabbing her keys.
"Oh no thanks...I don't live far....just a couple blocks away."
"Are you sure...it's a little dark outside..."
"It's no problem. You've done enough by preparing me this splendid meal!" He rubbed his stomach with enthusiasm. My mom chuckled in response.
"Well alright..."
 
Baekho grabbed his stuff and we all said our goodbyes.
"Alright dear have a safe trip home!" She said smiling sweetly.
"Thanks so much for having me Mrs. Kwak!" Baekho bowed respectfully.
"Oh enough with that 'Mrs.' business! You can go ahead an call me Lisa!" [IB: Random woman's name XD]
"O-okay then Mrs. Kw-- I mean uh...Lisa.." They exchanged a few more words before my mom FINALLY said goodbye and left the room.
 
"Thanks again ..." Baekho began.
"No need...it was really...fun..hanging out with you today." I admitted shyly.
"I feel the same way...." As he turned towards the door I felt my heart slowly sink. Right as he was closing the door I called out to him.
"Baekho!!"
"Yes?"
"Uh....don't forget our little deal about the dramas and action movies..." He simply smiled and replied.
"I'd never forget that!" With that he closed the door and walked off into the night.
 
That sinking heart feeling was still there and I couldn't figure out why.
'Why am I so sad that he's gone?...it must be stress from the project and or embarrassment from my mom...something like that!'
Given the way things had played out with Baekho and my mother I figured I would be scot free! But of course right as I was making my way into my bedroom I was pulled back and whisked my the collar back into the hall.
 
"Aron Kwak would you mind explaining to me WHY you invited someone over to the house without consulting me?! Especially when that someone happens to be a BOY???"
"But mom I thought you and Baekho really hit it off. Wh--"
"That is besides the point mister! The point is that you were home alone with some stranger!"
"He's my classmate!"
"He's a stranger to me!"
"But mom--"
"No buts! Something could have happened..." I understood what she was trying to get at now.
"We were just working on our project for math class and finished early so we were hanging out!
"Nothing else?"
"Nothing else....Mom we're just friends..." 'at least I hope we are...'
 
She seemed uncertain, as if there was a mini-battle being waged inside her thoughts. After a minute she sighed loudly.
 
"Alright...I'll take your word for it....Listen I'm sorry for getting all overworked like that it's just....we moved here to avoid trouble.."
"I know that...and I haven't been and won't be causing any!"
"Alright....." She still seemed unsure.
"I promise mom!" I even held out my pinky for a pinky promise. Her eyes lit up and a big smile took over her face. She immediately wrapped her pinky finger around mine. She loves cheesy kind of gestures and stuff like that so she jumped at any chance to do them.
After we finished our little pinky swear she finally allowed me to enter my bedroom. Once there I just collapsed down onto my bed. 'today has been exhausting!' 
Checking my phone I saw I had several missed text messages and a few missed calls. Instead of checking them I just put my phone down and succumbed to a deep sleep.
 
Minhyun's POV:
 
"Hey it's Ren! I'm probably doing something right now and can't answer your call. Leave me a message and I'll get back to you when it's convenient for me!" I again was greeted with Ren's ultra-annoying voicemail.
 
"Come onnn!! This is important! Pick up Ren!!" I yelled into the phone as I dialed his number for the 60th time. After about 5 rings I finally heard his actually (but still annoying) voice answer.
 
R: "Yah! Hwang Minhyun it's like 2 o'clock in the morning! Why on earth are you calling me this late!?"
M: "FINALLY you answer! I've been trying to call you for forever!"
R: "Yeah and I've been trying to ignore it for forever!"
M: "Whatever....look I've got a big problem!!"
R: "What?"
M: "I think I like Aron hyung!"
R: "No sh*t Sherlock!"
M: "E-excuse me?"
R: "It's kind of obvious!!"
M: "What do you mean obvious?!"
R: "At our first meet with Aron hyung I noticed the way you ogled over him!"
M: "What?! I did not--- never mind that now!...listen I don't know what to do!"
R: "Talk to him....ask him out..."
M: "NO! I can't do THAT...we haven't known each other for that long so he probably doesn't like me that way!...or at all!"
R: "Well hey...you never know unless you try.."
M: "Yes I do!"
R: "What do you mean?"
M: "I think he may like Baekho!!"
R: "Wait...Kang Baekho?"
M: "YES!!!" I heard him laugh.
R: "Dude that's impossible Baekho always hangs around JR and those punks....there's no way Aron hyung would like him.."
M: "YEAH HUH! I called him earlier and he told me they were hanging out!"
R: "Really?"
M: "Yeah!"
R: "Oh my...wait...aren't they partners for some project or something?"
M: "...well...he did say they were working on a project..."
R: "There you go Minnie....they're just doing schoolwork...Aron hyung doesn't like him."
M: "I...I'm still unsure...I have a bad feeling about him hanging out with Baekho!"
R: "Yeah that's called jealousy!" He laughed again.
M: "RENNNN!!!"
R: "Dude if you're so worried then just try talking to him and hanging out with him more!"
M: "Is it really that simple?"
R: "Yeah!"
M: "Alright...thanks!"
R: "No problem....but can I ask you a question?"
M: "Sure!"
R: "Do I always act so ridiculous when I'm throwing a diva tantrum of my own?"  He laughed once more and instead of answering I just hung up the phone.
 
Tossing my phone onto a chair and falling back onto my bed I contemplated my phone call with Aron earlier.
 
FLASHBACK TO PHONE CALL:
M: "Hey Aron hyung...are you home right now?"
A: "Yeah"
M: "Do you want to hang out today?"
A: "No I'm sorry"
M: "Oh what's up? Do you not want to?"
A: "I'm a bit busy"
M: "Oh....with what?"
A: "With Baekho" I felt my blood run cold.
M: "B-Baekho? Baekho who?"
A"You know Kang Baekho"
M: "THAT Baekho?! He's crazy! Are you okay? What are you both doing??"
A"No way...why do you ask?"
M: "Aron hyung why are you doing with him?
A: "...our project"
M: "Project?? What project??"
A: "Calm down"
M: "Hyung what's happening?"
A: "Nothing is going on..."
M: "Is he hurting you?"
A: "Why would he?"
M: "'Cause he's crazy! If you're not careful he'll hurt you!"
A: "He would not!"
M: "He's friends with JR and that whole gang! They're all bad news!"
A: "you're being paranoid...."
M: "I'm being realistic!"
A: "I think he's nice"
M: "W-what.."
A: "....look I gotta go"
M: "....alright...bye hyung.."
A: "...bye..."
 
END FLASHBACK
 
'I can't believe Aron hyung would hang out with Baekho...maybe Ren and him are right though...I'm just being paranoid...Aron hyung would NEVER like someone like Baekho...' That thought made me feel a lot better and I was able to fall into a relaxing, deep sleep.
 
 
 
 
 
 
OMG!!! AN UPDATE?! IT'S A MIRACLE!! Look I'm super sorry for anyone who has been looking forward to the next chapter to have to way for such a long time. I made this chapter SUPER LONG to make up for it! (at least it's the longest chapter I've ever written ^^")
But anyway, I've been loaded with school work and projects for the longest time!! When I didn't have school work to do I had stuff with family and friends. Then when I actually did have time to write I wasn't feeling well OR I had no motivation or ideas......excuses, excuses I know ^^" I hope to update more regularly for now on :3 Thanks for reading and understanding!
 
-Icebook231 :3