Awkward Saturday pt. 1

Your Secret Is Safe With Me
 
 
Aron's POV:
 
I woke up to the bright sunlight coming in through my windows. It felt nice to wake up without a loud alarm clock. Glancing at the time I saw it  was a little after 10. 'I slept in a bit! I wonder why my mom hasn't already woken me up..' I stretched and stood up, trying to shake the sleepiness off. I went downstairs to the kitchen and saw the it was empty. I knew my dad was at work. He spent all of the week and most of the weekends working. But my mom only worked part time at a department store and she usually had weekends off. I tried looking around for a note but when I found nothing I figured she might've texted me so I decided to check my phone for any new messages. My inbox displayed no new messages. But strangely I had a voicemail.
'Odd...mom never calls me unless it's an emergency..'
I didn't recognize the number though. I clicked on it and brought the phone to my ear to listen to the message.
 
"Uhhh.....H-hi Aron this is Baekho...you know...from school...listen I was just calling to apologize for the whole arcade thing...and ummm also for our project I was thinking we should get started on it this weekend if you're not busy....Yeah so that's it ! Call me back when you can...or just text me...uhhh...bye!" The voicemail ended and I felt my face heat up. I don't know why but the thought of Baekho calling me make me feel tingly. I shrugged this off and saved his number.
'Should I call him?...it's 10:30 so would he be awake? I mean I don't know if he's one of those "bright and early" kind of people or if he likes to sleep in. He should be awake but what if he's not? Plus what would I say? Wait! I'll text him!'
I wasn't sure why I was making such a big deal out of this for. It's just for a project!
 
I opened up a new message and began typing.
 
To: Baekho
 
Hey it's Aron ^_^ I'm not busy this weekend so whenever you wanna start is fine.
 
From: Aron
 
Five minutes passed with me just staring at my phone waiting for a response. 'well why would he respond right away?! He could be busy for all I know!!'  I just then realized I haven't eaten yet so I went back downstairs and made a quick bowl of cereal. After I was finished I checked my phone again and still nothing. I sighed and figured I should finish my homework. I was just about to start when my phone buzzed, alerting me of a new message. Slowly, I checked the inbox and saw it was from Baekho. 'Finally!!'
 
To: Aron
 
Yeah I know. And I'm not doing anything either. Is today fine?
 
From: Baekho

I felt the blushed creep up my face again. 'ugh it's just a dumb project!! Calm down Aron!'
 
To: Baekho
 
That works. How about we work at my house?
 
From: Aron
To my surprise the response was almost immediate.
 
To: Aron
 
Sure. Text me the address and I'll be over at noon. Or whenever is fine.
 
From: Baekho
 
 
To: Baekho:
 
Noon works. I live at _______ (insert Aron's address here ^^")
 
From: Aron
 
 
To: Aron
 
K.
 
From: Baekho
 
I glanced at the clock again and realized it was already 11 o'clock and I haven't even showered yet. I ran into my bathroom and rushed to get ready.
 
Baekho's POV:

After I finished my shower I passed out next to my phone. I was anxious to receive a message from Aron. I wasn't exactly sure why. It was only about a project. We're not even friends....just barely acquaintances.
 
That night I had a dream...except it felt more like a nightmare.
 
In my dream Aron and I were walking hand in hand through a forest. We were both smiling brightly and I felt so happy to have him beside me. He stopped walking an turned to face me, smiling even bigger. I grinned and pulled him into a tight embrace. I looked to my right and saw all my friends surrounding us. Looking at us with anger and disgust. Fear filled me and I hugged Aron tighter, afraid if I let go he'd disappear.
"Baeko..." He called softly.
"What is it love?"
"Don't...let...go..."
"Never! I won't let you go! Ever!" I yelled.
"Baekho! Baekho! Baekho! Baekho!" He called my name, each time his voice sounded farther away. I looked up to him and saw he was gone.
"ARON?! ARON!! WHERE ARE YOU!!" I screamed while looking around. I saw that I was alone and the forest grew dark. So dark I could barely see my hand in front of my face.
"ARON!!!" I called again, tears streamed down my face. The ground began vibrating and a huge hole opened up under my feet. I screamed as I fell down it. Right before I reach the bottom of it I woke up.
 
My heart was beating incredibly fast and I was breathing heavily. The dream seemed so real and so scary! I looked over and saw my phone vibrated, alerting me of a new message. Once I calmed down I unlocked it and went to my inbox. When I saw it was from Aron I stopped breathing for a second. After a minute of staring at it I finally decided to open it.
 
To: Baekho
 
Hey it's Aron ^_^ I'm not busy this weekend so whenever you wanna start is fine.
 
From: Aron
 
I sat there staring at the message, unsure of what to respond with. My parents wouldn't be home and I didn't have much homework so I knew I was free. But I wasn't what exactly to write. I pondered for a little while, typing out message only to delete it and retype something else. Finally I decided to just try and be simple and to the point.
To: Aron
 
Yeah I know. And I'm not doing anything either. Is today fine?
 
From: Baekho
 
 
To: Baekho
 
That works. How about we work at my house?
 
From: Aron
I responded immediately. Getting a bit eager to hang out with Aron.
 
To: Aron
 
Sure. Text me the address and I'll be over at noon. Or whenever is fine.
 
From: Baekho
 
 
To: Baekho:
 
Noon works. I live at _______ (insert Aron's address here ^^")
 
From: Aron
 
 
To: Aron
 
K.
 
From: Baekho
 
I didn't need to look in a mirror to know my cheeks were pink. The thought of going to Aron's house filled me with butterflies. Glancing at the clock I saw it was already 11 and I just woke up. "Aish!! I need to get ready!" I exclaimed to myself and rushed around trying to get ready in time to be ready by noon.
 
Ren's POV:
 
I woke up groggy and incredibly tired. I hadn't gotten much sleep last night. 'it's all thanks to that bastard JR!! he ruined my fun arcade day with Aron and Minnie!!' Just thinking about what happened made my blood boil!
 
After sulking on my bed for like an hour I finally got up and made my way into the bathroom. When I looked into the mirror I almost yelled. 'I look HORRIBLE!!'  I had dark bags under my eyes and my face was reddish. 'Stupid JR! if it weren't for him making me mad I never would've fallen and tried to grab him for support and he never would've lost his balance and fall on top of me staring at me intensely with his fierce, manly eyes!!' I noticed my face get a bit redder. "whaa-- WHY IS MY FACE SO RED?! WAS IT BECAUSE OF THINKING OF JR?! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!" I tried lightly slapping my face to make the blush go away. But I kept thinking of JR and it kept getting worse.
 
"AAAHHH!! NOOO! WHY?? WHAT IS GOING ON WITH ME??!!"
"Choi Minki what is all this yelling about?!" My mom burst into the room.
"NOT NOW MOM!! I'M HAVING A MELTDOWN!!!" She just rolled her eyes muttering something like "when are you not?" under her breath as she left. When she was gone I took a good look at the blush on my cheeks and pouted. "this doesn't make sense!! WAIT! I KNOW! I'm just really embarrassed! I mean I did cause a huge scene at a public arcade! Yeah that's it! It's not because I'm acting like the main character in one of my dramas when she meets her love interest!!" I exclaimed.
 
"MINKI!! FOR PETE'S SAKE BE QUIET!!" I heard my mom yell. I sighed and said quietly to myself, "Alright! I'll just have to do a little....experiment...on Monday..." I smiled to myself and finished up my morning routine.
 
Aron's POV:
 
I took the quickest shower I think I've ever taken. After borrowing my mom's hairdryer and fixing my hair I made my way over to my closet to pick out some clothes.
 
'I mean we're only going to work on our project so nothing too fancy! But I don't want him to think I'm a slob so nothing too casual. But it's the weekend so I need to wear something comfy! UGH!!! Why is this so difficult!! He's just some guy in my class that I barely know!!' 
 
With that thought in mind I pulled out a navy blue t-shirt with a pocket on the front and a pair of jeans. I also grabbed a pair of white socks and a black belt. Once I was dressed I checked the clock.
 
'Good! There's still like 20 minutes left...should I prepare snacks?? I think mom bought some cookies the last time she went shopping..'
 
I went to the kitchen to look at our snacks. I found chips, cookies, and other snack foods.
 
'Alright so we should be good on food...and there's still like 15 minutes! what am I supposed to do in that time?!' I decided to do some studying. I mean I don't want to get behind on my grades. Besides, it'll help put me in a good mood for working on the project. I read over the page over 5 times and it's only been 2 minutes since I started.
 
'UGH! I can't take this waiting!'  After another 5 minutes I heard the doorbell. Startled, I jumped up. I dashed to the door and took a few deep breaths. I could feel my heartbeat increase dramatically.
'I'm so nervous for some reason!' I tried shaking the feeling off and I quickly turned the knob, opening the door.
 
Baekho was standing coolly with his hands in his pockets. He was wearing a light grey v-neck with a black jacket, dark blue jeans, and black and white sneakers. He looked really handsome, especially with the way the sunlight outlined his muscles and made his skin seem to glow.
 
"H-hey.." I said smiling widely, hoping that I wasn't blushing. He smiled back and said a quick hello. There was a moment of silence before I realized that he was still outside.
 
"o-oh! C-come in!" I said rubbing the back of my neck nervously. He smiled again and walked in.
"You can take your shoes off and we can head up to my room and get started." I said, proud of myself for not stuttering. He nodded, took off his shoes  and followed me up the stairs to my bedroom.
 
Once inside I saw him looking all around my room. I sat on my bed and rummaged through my bag for my school supplies. Baekho slowly sat down next to me and put his bag down on the floor. After a minute I finally got everything.
 
"Okay. So...let's get started..." I said. Baekho just nodded.
 
Baekho's POV:
 
After taking a quick shower I went to get dressed, not even bothering to dry my hair. "What should I wear??" I wondered aloud. "It's only for a project I should dress casual..." Suddenly I had a little vision of me showing up to Aron's in a t-shirt and sweatpants and Aron just laughing at me. I shook my head vigorously. "Perhaps something nicer..." I had another vision of me showing up in a button down shirt and khakis and Aron looking at me like a freak. I gripped the sides of my head. "Aish!! Why is this so difficult!!!" For some reason I really wanted to impress Aron even though it was just for a dumb school project.
 
As if a light bulb went off above my head I suddenly thought of the perfect outfit. Digging through a large pile of shirts I had in my closet I finally pulled out my light grey colored V-neck. I got it a year ago because it made my biceps stand out more but I forgot about it until now. Next I pulled out a simple pair of dark blue jeans. It was chilly outside so I decided to grab a jacket. I picked a black one since it contrasted nicely with the grey shirt. When I finally finished getting dressed I took a look in the mirror.
 
"Wow!! Kang Baekho you've outdone yourself!" I exclaimed, laughing and doing a few poses. I glanced at the clock and saw I had 15 minutes till I had to go.
 
'should I go early? I mean...I don't know how long it'll take to get there...' With one last look in the mirror I grabbed my phone and backpack and headed out the door. 'it's better to be early than late anyway!'
 
With each step I took I felt my excitement grow. 'he doesn't live too far so that's good...' After what seemed like only a few seconds, I arrived in front of his house. I double checked the address to see if it was correct and made my way to the front door. While I was excited moments ago I was nervous now.
 
'what's his house gonna be like? Will his parents be home? Probably...will they like me? Why am I obsessing so much over this!?'
 
After realizing I spent like 5 minutes just standing there I finally rang the doorbell and put my hands in my pockets. Another minute went by and the door opened, revealing Aron. I had to stop myself from gasping at how cute he looked.
 
He had his hair styled neatly yet still a little messy. Then he wore a navy blue shirt with a small pocket on it and jeans. His outfit was very simple but on him it looked stunning. Especially with the way the colors contrasted to his pale skin and bright eyes. 
 
"H-hey.." He said smiling widely. It was incredibly cute and I did my best to do a casual smile and said a quick hello. There was a moment of silence before he spoke up again.
 
"o-oh! C-come in!" he said rubbing the back of his neck. I smiled again politely and walked in.
"You can take your shoes off and we can head up to my room and get started." He said and I nodded, taking off my shoes and following him up to his bedroom.
 
Once inside I began looking all around his room. His room was really nice. It was neat but cozy. He sat on his bed and rummaged through his bag. I slowly sat down next to him and put my bag down on the floor. I felt the nervousness again. I tried to calm myself down and prayed silently for Aron to say something. Finally after the longest minute ever, he got everything he needed from his bag and turned to me.
 
"Okay. So...let's get started..." He said. I just nodded, still too nervous to really say much.
 
JR's POV:
 
My morning started off pretty much the same as my mornings usually go, my sister running around the house screaming incoherent slurs about her being late and me just shoving a pillow in my face to try and block it all out.
 
'How can one girl make so much noise?!' I grumbled and rolled over on the couch. After another 15 minutes she finally rushed out the door muttering goodbye and more incoherent words.
 
'FINALLLY!!!!' I sighed and sat up. I picked up my phone to check the time. 'well it's only 10:30...what am I going to do today??' Ren's face at the arcade popped into my mind.
 
'AGGHHH!!! Why do I keep thinking of him!! Him and his cute little frame and angelic eyes....WAIT WHAT?!' Running my fingers through my hair in distress I began pacing the living room.
 
"I mean that was very embarrassing and isn't it common when something embarrassing happens to dwell on it? But even so I'm not focusing much on the actually event and more so on Ren..." I was walking in circles and talking to myself with my messy hair and crumpled clothes.. I probably looked downright crazy.
 
'Crazy for Ren...'
"SHUT UP BRAIN!! THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE! I'M NOT GAY!!" I yelled in frustration. A knock at the door caught my attention. When I opened it I saw it was my neighbor.
 
"Jonghyun is everything alright dear? I was hearing a lot of yelling..."
"O-o-oh everything is f-fine Mrs. Kim..." I said, my face turning bright red in embarrassment.
"Alright but just let me know if something's going on. And you might want to clean yourself up dear...you look like a mess!"
"Y-yes Mrs. Kim. I will. Thank you. Have a good day."
 
When she was finally gone I shut the door and ran to the mirror in the bathroom.
 
'Damn! She was right! I look horrible!!'
 
My shirt was wrinkly and had a few buttons ed. My pants were all bunched up and my hair stood up in all directions. Not to mention my face was bright red.
 
"Aish....this is all that kid Ren's fault...If I ever see his face again I'll...." I wasn't sure what I would do actually. Normally I would get my gang and we'd deal with it in any way we thought necessary. But for some reason the thought of any trouble happening to Ren made me feel awful.
 
"This is probably just pity! Yeah....he goes through enough already at school...." I nodded my head, satisfied with my poorly made conclusion.
 
'but if this is just pity....why is my heart beating so fast?'
 
 
 
 
 
Yay! The end of chapter five!! :D It's a long one too! Sorry this was kind of late. That's partially do to school and partially do to my laziness! ^^" Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the awkward Baekron....I had so many ideas of what to write in this chapter but I decided to just write something  pretty simple and save all the craziness for the next chapter :3 Oh! And how is the Jren?? Good? Bad? Okay? There isn't really anything going on between them but it'll get better eventually...Lol anyway I hope you liked this chapter and stay tuned for the next one! Byeee ^w^

- Icebook231 :3