Chapter 2

Blue anTHəm

      While she stayed in slumber, friends and acquaintances of her had began to worry. Thoughts of her not waking up came through their minds and caused some people to cry for nights. Irene was one of those people, for she spent most of the day sitting next to her weak friend—almost lifeless. Everyday, for the past six months, LuHan would bring her flowers to change out the dying ones in a vase. His thoughts were only filled with her, so much that he forgot about his work and stopped living properly. He blamed himself for what had happened to her; If only I was with her, he would say, I would have been able to stop her from going in front of that truck.

      "When will she wake...?" He sat there silently next to Irene, almost as lifeless as she, "What if she doesn't-?"

      Stopping his fowl words, Irene slapped him, "How can you say that? Don't you have faith?"

      "I do but.."

      "But nothing! You're the one who likes her so much-!" Irene stopped screaming as soon as she soon realized what she was saying, "Wendy will wake up."

      Seulgi and Joy walked in as soon as the fight stopped and brought them snacks. It was rare to see Irene yelling at someone and no one liked that she did. Taking her hand, Seulgi literally dragged her out to talk.

      "What happened? Why were you yelling?"

      "It was nothing.."

      "You can't tell me it was nothing," Seulgi swiped her forehead as she looked around for eyes, "Is it LuHan?"

      With no answer, Seulgi sighed and rested her back on the wall near the window.

      "We know you like him, just say it. If you don't, he will ever know."

      Flustered, Irene stepped foreword to defend herself, "I-I do not like-!"

      Just then, a man came from behind them and tapped Seulgi on the shoulder. His eyes were big and full of dark chocolate behind those vintage, round glasses. His hair, which was swept to make wave, was also dark brown color. He wasn't very tall at all but enough that Seulgi and Irene had to look up at him. The man's attire wasn't anything special either, just faded jeans and a plaid polo. But-there was something about him that made your spine shiver, almost as if he was cursing you behind his big and wonderful smile.

      "Is this Son Wendy's room?" he said while politely pointed to the door.

      Irene eyed him from head to toe, "It is.. why? Who are you?"

      Smiling from ear to ear, he ignored them and slid the door open, "Wendy, it's time to wake up."

      "Hey, don't just go in-!"

      Seulgi haulted as she saw her sickly friend slowly trying to sit up. LuHan looked from the strange man and back to Wendy, shocked at what had just happened. Someone just ordering you to get up, and you do? It wasn't normal. It wasn't a coincidence. His eyes glared at the strange man as he made his way over to sit next to Wendy and pulled strands of midnight blue from her face.

      "Who are you?" Irene asked again as she headed straight for the man, "How do you know our Wendy?"

      He was silent at first, almost as if creating a story in his mind. The man grinned, without taking his eyes off of Wendy, he said;

      "I'm her brother."

      "Liar!" Seulgi and Joy held onto Irene's hand as she was about to attack the man, "Wendy never said she had any siblings!"

      "I guess you're really not her friends then," he shrugged as he laughed softly, "KyungSoo, Do KyungSoo is the name."

      "Why the different surname?" LuHan asked roughly.

      "Wendy is adopted." he shrugged, "Our parents never thought to change her last name."

      They gave him a look of disbelief at first but then as they thought more about it, Wendy really never told them anything about her life. Giving in a little, Irene shook away from her friend's grasp and ran up to the almost-hollow Wendy.

      "Tell me, is he speaking the truth?"

      Wendy slowly turned her head to look at the man and couldn't understand why she felt it was true. She had never seen the man before.

      "Is he?" LuHan asked from behind.

      But, hesitantly, Wendy nodded as she tried to lay back down to rest, "My head hurts..."

      "Okay, we'll leave and come back later," Joy suggested, "You can talk to your brother."

      Seulgi and Joy had to literally pull the two that were reluctant to leave. It was almost as if they needed her to stay alive or something. The desperation almost killed Seulgi that she slapped them both;

      "Can't you see that if we stay right now, we'll just be in the way of them two?" she sighed deeply, "Let's go."

      KyungSoo waited for the footsteps to disappear before he let his real self appear. His eyes had a cold glare as he looked down at Wendy who was unsure of what was happening. He traced her face slowly with his fingers and reached down to where her heart was beating;

      "Tell me Son Wendy.. or should I say Son SeungWan. Do you want to live?" he snickered to himself as he came closer to her face, "Do you?"

      "That voice.."

      Wendy sat in fear as she remembered it from just before she became unconscious. The voice that was calling out to her, asking if she wanted to live, this was that voice. This was the man who saved her life but why? Sitting up, Wendy looked at the man who seemed to overpower her soul and gulped harshly.

      "That's right, it's me. Your savior."

      "Th-thank-"

      He brought his finger to , "Shhh. Thank you just isn't enough."

      Wendy could feel her back burning as KyungSoo placed his hand on her left shoulder. Scared, she tried to push him away but he wouldn't budge, it was as if she had no strength over him.

      "It's mark, to make sure you serve me until the day you die, and even in the afterlife." he sat down next to her on the bed and wiped away her tears, "Don't be scared. I'm not that mean."

      Her lips quivered as she spoke, "What are you?"

      Smirking, he came closer and whispered in her ear, "I'm KyungSoo, the Devil who saved you."

      Gasping, Wendy backed up against her pillow and stared at the man in front of her, trying to get her thoughts together. This was the man she had made a pact with, just so that she could go on living to find that Happiness she so longed for. I made a pact with the Devil. He brought his hand to and held it tightly;

      "Of course, if you tell anyone," he tightened his grip, "And I mean anyone, even a spec of dust, you'll die immediately."

      Nodding quickly, Wendy understood his words clearly. How could she go through this without letting anyone know?

      "From now on, I am your brother and you're my adoptive little sister. If you change up our story or make me seem evil, I'll lessen your life span."

      "Yes.."

      "Oppa, is what you'll call me. KyungSoo Oppa."

      A knock came at the door and he vanished right before her eyes. Wendy was so relieved to see Seulgi that she literally ran and gave her the biggest hug she'd ever given. Suddenly, she felt a surge of energy and she was no longer feeling tired. It must be because of Devil-nim. Wendy let go of her friend and looked straight into her eyes.

      "I have to tell you something."

      "What is it? Are you okay?" Seulgi looked around the room, "Where's your brother?"

      "Nevermind that, I-"

      Wendy could feel the mark that KyungSoo left burn. It was as if she couldn't say anything due to the pact and it angered her. Seulgi was someone she always told almost everything to.

      "Lay down," Seulgi brought her back to the bed, "I'll go bring a doctor."

      As soon as she felt the burn pass, Wendy began punching her bed with her small fists. For the first time in four years, she cursed someone. KyungSoo had let her live but she became his slave and she cursed him for it. She wished he was dead but how could that be possible if he was already dead? Not letting her tears fall, she was determined to find happiness while still being bound to Devil-nim and then somehow, free herself without actually dying.

      Is this possible?

 


Author's Note

Hey, thanks for reading!! This is only the second chapter but I am glad I have more subscribers from when I first started this story! I am sorry that I didn't update. As I said on my other fanfic, my grandfather passed and I just didn't want to update because I sort of went down hill. But now, here I am! I will keep on writing! Again, I love my pistachios!

감사! ♥