Chapter 5

Blue anTHəm

      Usually, LuHan, who worked at the small orphanage, would have a smile on his face as he played around with the children, but today, he had too much on his mind. There was the Wendy issue and then he just got confessed to by Irene. Sighing heavily, he changed one of the child's diapers and set him back on the ground to play.

      You look like a total mess right now," Joy came in with a bag full of goodies for the kids, "Something wrong?"

      "They didn't tell you yet?"

      "No, by the time I got home, everyone was sleeping." Joy gave him a look, and smiled from ear to ear, "What happened?"

      Hesitating, LuHan bent over to whisper in her ear, "Irene confessed to me."

      Joy staggered backwards with a huge laugh and held her tummy from the ache. She couldn't believe that Irene would do something so out of her own character. Then again, she thought, It needed to be done. LuHan was just that dumb. As if he could read her mind, LuHan sent her a look with disdain as he was feeling really pressured.

      "So, what'd you say to her?"

      "I told her to give me time.."

      "Time? What is there to think about? Irene unni is sweet, kind, stern, and beautiful!" Joy exclaimed as she slapped him on the back for encouragement, "Heck, she even cooks! Everything in one."

      "I know all that.. but.. as you all would guess, I like Wendy.."

      Sighing now, Joy handed out the goody bags to the children around her, "Sorry to break it to you, but she's not looking for anyone."

      "How do you know that? Did she tell you?"

      "No, not exactly," Joy winked at LuHan, "Let's just say it's a secret."

      "Come on, tell me!"

      Dodging his urgent plead, Joy waved goodbye to the kids and left quickly. There was no way she could tell him Wendy's secrets. Though it may have seemed like they knew nothing about her, there was some things they were told. Wendy used to drink a lot when she was in high school and through that, they learned some of her story.

      "Though it was out of place," Joy shook her head.

 


 

      Even though it had only been the second day, Wendy was still having trouble trying to get used to SeHun and Kai. Of course she never wanted to see Devil-nim but he was a different story, she didn't feel as awkward around him like she did towards the other two. It was strange.

      "Come here," KyungSoo looked around for eyes before he spoke to her silently.

      Following close behind, Wendy became nervous. She never knew if his intentions were good or bad. To her, Devil-nim was a very complex devil, it was hard to predict anything he was about to do.

      "In here.."

      KyungSoo opened her music room door but once they were inside, Wendy noticed a big change. It became a dark, sullen room and had red beams scattered across the walls. This was a meeting place that only KyungSoo could make. If he needed to speak in private, Kai and SuHo would stand guard outside and patiently wait for them to finish.

      "What do you want from me?" Wendy glanced around as the place became more and more unfamiliar, "What did you do to my room?"

      KyungSoo sat down and it became amazing to her that a chair appeared from the dark ashes. Wanting to try it, Wendy sat backwards but to her disappointment, her bottom met the ground roughly.

      "What are you doing?"

      As if she forgot she was afraid, Wendy got up and dusted the dust off her , "Nothing, now tell me, what do you want?"

      Shaking his head, KyungSoo sighed deeply, "I told you before, you were the one who wanted first."

      "I get it."

      "They're beginning to make their move."

      In just six words, KyungSoo was able to send goosebumps all the way down her body. There was something in his tone that made her realize the seriousness of this situation. Swallowing hard, Wendy walked closer to him, almost as if it became an instinct that she would be protected by him.

      "They?"

      "I'm sure Kai filled you in," KyungSoo merely shrugged off the fact that she was scared and confused, "If they get anywhere near you, make sure that you run."

      "Run?"

      "That's the best thing a human can do when underlings follow, right?"

      "I wouldn't know."

      Nodding in agreement, KyungSoo snapped his fingers and the eerie, blackness of the room disappeared. Looking around, Wendy clung onto her instruments as if she would have lost them to Devil-nim.

      "You get it, don't you?"

      "No, I'm telling you I don't." Wendy was now on the verge of tears, for she didn't know anything as to why things were suddenly happening like this, "I don't understand anything!"

      KyungSoo walked closer, cornering her to the wall and traced her face with his lean fingers, "Allow me to make you understand."

      "I-I don't think I want to.."

      "You sure?" his voice became huskier as he whispered into her sensitive ears, "This is your only chance."

      Wendy began to bend forwards toward him as her scar began to burn with so much more pain than before. Her small hands grabbed onto his shoulders for support and he took this chance to lean into her, placing the coldest kiss upon her warm lips.

      As she brought the last of her energy to her hand, it was straight to his face, leaving a small red burn. Smirking he stepped backwards and scanned her from head to toe.

      "No one would have wanted to kiss you anyway, I might as well steal your first one."

      With that, KyungSoo disappeared right before she could manage to react from his crude words. Wendy could feel tears rushing down her face as she felt the pain remain from her scar. It was as if hours had passed by before she finally felt it disappear.

      "I hate you.." she wept as she curled into a ball, "Someone save me."

      As if on cue, LuHan walked through the door, in search of her. When he saw that she was almost lifeless on the floor, he ran towards her and carried her bridal style.

      "Guys! Wendy passed out!"

      Wendy could feel the warmth against her body and expected it to be LuHan. Instead of calling his name, she clung onto his somewhat smaller shoulders and whimpered quietly, "KyungSoo."

 


Author's Note

Hey pistachios! I have a job interview today, so I am very, very excited! If I get the job, I definitely will not let it get in the way of me updating! This is the only story I am currently working on, so, hopefully I release more chapters soon! (I was only kidding, I am preparing for a new fanfic soon!) Please anticipate and pray or give me luck!

감사! ♥