Chapter 10

Blue anTHəm

      LuHan watched as Wendy's eyes stayed glued to KyungSoo as he passed through the strange portal and disappeared. The most obnoxious thing had just happened but she and Joy acted like it was a normal thing. Seulgi was behind him, clutching onto the back of his shirt. The two could understand the fear they were feeling.

      "W-Wendy.. what's going on?" Seulgi managed to get it out of her system, "Who are these people.. why can they go through walls.. and why do they have powers?"

      Sighing, Wendy turned around to face her scared friends, "I'll explain everything later-"

      "No, right now." LuHan held his arms out in front of him, "We're confused.. why do you two look so calm?"

      Joy stood up and walked over to her worried friend, "There is a lot to understand.. I, myself, am still trying to get what's right and wrong."

      As LuHan argued with Joy, Wendy stood in her own thoughts. There was a lot she didn't understand and her feelings were confusing her. She watched SuHo and Tao run around the house, looking for exits, sealing them with their powers. She watched Kai and Chen, a new HU she had never met before, keep watch over her loved ones. Lastly, BaekHyun, another HU she was never aware of, she watched him as he kept his eye on her twenty-four-seven. What was going on?

      It hasn't even been two weeks since I came home from the hospital, and then suddenly, something like this is happening? Was my plan of happiness never to be fulfilled? What did KyungSoo save me for then? Why is it that when I think of him, my chest hurts? Just yesterday, I disliked him, I pushed him when he kissed me. I resented him. Cursed him. Feared him. Today, I feel as though I've known him all my life, I feel afraid of losing him.

      Wendy walked over to the weapons that KyungSoo left out in the open. Picking one up, she could feel energy transferring from her body to the twin-blades.

      If it's like this.. does that mean I am one of them already? I am an HU? Wendy sighed as she moved the sword from side to side, creating a midnight blue light that followed in her movements.

      What exactly did we talk about? Why did he specifically choose to save someone like me? Do I have power? Do I have the chance to change something? What about my plan to find happiness? Is this it?

      BaekHyun came to her side and took the double swords from her hands, "That shouldn't be happening."

      "What do you mean?"

      "KyungSoo was sure that your powers were not mature enough to appear..." BaekHyun returned the blades to her hands, "But... it seems they have found the rightful holder."

      "My powers?"

      "You-"Lay appeared out of nowhere, leaving his black dust in his trail and ran to cover BaekHyun's mouth.

      "You can't. Not yet."

      Wendy could feel the frustration building in her body. It was just so absurd that she could not remember what she and KyungSoo had talked about. It was absurd that no one would tell her the power that she, herself, owned. All of it was making her angry.

      "I'm alive but for what reason?" she pushed the two of them, causing them to fall on the marble floors, "Why did he save me? What are my powers?"

      Lay quickly got to his feet, carrying BaekHyun with him on his way up, "Your powers are beyond our own."

      "As odd as it sounds, you have the power to help KyungSoo bring peace to Hell."

      "I don't understand."

      The two obedient men exchanged glances with the rest of the HU's and held their tongues.

      Wendy lifted her hand, "Not going to tell me-?"

      Tao ran over to his fellow friends, covering them from her threat, "He was never the Devil in the first place!"

      Wendy lowered her hands, noticing what she had become. A controller. Tao's words were stuck, repeating in her mind as she stared around at the eyes that looked back at her.

      "Wasn't ever the Devil..?" she repeated.

      "No," Lay started, "There is the ultimate ruler."

      SuHo came over, taking off his shirt to show a scar, "This one is different from the scar that we HU's receive from KyungSoo, our new God."

      "As you can see here," Lay pointed to the area that was closest to SuHo's heart, "He placed the deadly scar here. Each one is different, containing the symbol of our power. Killing us slowly as we used the power more and more."

      "When KyungSoo was appointed Devil, he placed a new scar, one that wasn't deadly. A scar that would renew and combine our powers, if needed, to help and aid. Not to destroy."

      Wendy noticed that Chen was starting to feel uneasy. He had so much courage in his eyes earlier, but now they were filled with fear.

      "Chen..? What's the matter?" she approached him slowly, "You can tell me."

      Bringing all of his will together, he tackled LuHan to the ground, "If you all are releasing information, I can, too!"

      Wendy backed up, "P-please, let him go."

      Chen shook his head violently, "I can't do that!"

      "Chen!" Kai tried to bring him back to his senses, "Stop it!"

      "Go on!" he laughed as he noticed LuHan was losing his strength, "Tell her what else we were here for!"

      Staring at them, Wendy felt afraid once more. There was so much more she didn't know. So much, it began to get confusing.

      "He isn't the LuHan you think he is!" Chen kicked her friend where it hurt, "Sure, he may be innocent but that's because the previous Devil wiped his memory."

      "What-?"

      "Ex-Devil found you years ago but KyungSoo was appointed Devil. He programmed LuHan, made him your friend. Made you trust him-Oh, but don't be angry at him," he released his grip on LuHan, "He didn't know he was being controlled."

      LuHan could feel all eyes on him, even Seulgi. She began to back away from him, unable to take the shock.

      "I-I'm not-I can't be. I'm not like them!" he shouted, "I'm not!"

      "You have the power of telekinesis!" Chen laughed deeply, "The power that the Ex-Devil favored so much!"

      LuHan could feel his chest burning and screamed out in pain.

      "Look, he wants you back right now. That must mean KyungSoo is giving him a real problem."

      "Wendy, I-"

      Before he could finish his sentence, LuHan disappeared even before she managed to blink. Wendy could feel her angry rising, her friends she thought she could trust so much, one of them turned out to be a fake. As she let tears fall down her face, she slapped Chen and he immediately came back to reality;

      "Who is this Ex-Devil you keep talking about?"

      With Chen unable to speak from the momentary shock, KyungSoo appeared from a portal with Irene in his arms. His energy seemed to be drained and the weight of Irene began to make him lean over.

      Wendy ran to her friend and almost touched her but KyungSoo sealed her body in a black coffin, "You can't touch her."

      "Why not?"

      He stared into the eyes of the pleading Wendy and finally gave in, "The Ex-Devil has poisoned her entire body."

      "Th-then why aren't-"

      "I can't die." he smiled faintly, "Remember?"

      "Who did this to her?" Wendy wept in his arms once again, "Who is the Ex-Devil!"

      "The one who controls fire... ChanYeol."

 


Author's Note

Pistachios! I know this all sounds jumbled, but I'll explain everything in later chapters! It was around 12:22am EST time, Monday, that I felt the need to update! I just couldn't wait to get the story along with! Though I work later today, 5:30-close, I wanted to leave a chapter. I wanted to gift my readers because even though I have an inconsistent way of updating, you all are still here. I really love you all for that. I couldn't ask for any better readers.

감사! ♥