Chapter 6

Blue anTHəm

      LuHan cocked his head towards where Wendy's sweet voice was seeping through. All he could hear was, "KyungSoo." Although he knew they were only brother and sister, LuHan couldn't stop the boiling blood in his veins. How could she say someone else's name when I am the one who is carrying her?

      "She doesn't look like she needs to go to the hospital," Kai pursed his lips as he scanned over her body.

      "Do you not even care?" LuHan started to pour out his anger on the two men who sat comfortably and watched TV, "She's your niece!"

      "Of course we care, we have no choice but to." SuHo clapped his hands together and a knock came a the door, "The doctor is here."

      Looking from the door and back to SuHo, Joy and Seulgi hesitated as they stepped towards the door. Upon seeing who it was, they remembered that it was the same doctor that had taken care of Wendy when she was at the hospital.

      "Yo."

      Nodding back to Kai in acknowledgement, Tao came towards Wendy's limp body and checked her pulse, "She's alive, just fatigued."

      "Th-That's it?" LuHan came closer to Tao, "Nothing else?"

      "Are you the doctor?" Tao pushed him slightly, "Acting like this won't help the patient get any better."

      LuHan felt ashamed of himself, unlike Irene, who was calm and had her lips sealed, he was overreacting over nothing. Seulgi pulled his shirt back towards her so Tao could have space to make a thorough decision of Wendy's condition.

      "In case anything else happens," He walked out to the porch and brought in suitcases of his own, "I'll be staying here."

      Joy almost grunted too loudly as she dreaded the thought of having to share a room with someone else. Every man that stepped in their house was cute and she didn't mind that, but she if there was one thing she never wanted, it was sharing a room. Silently, she walked to her room and began packing her things together.

      "Hey," Tao knocked on her door, "We could just share the room."

      "Sh-Share?" Joy became bright red as the thought began to sink in, "I don't think that's possible."

      "Don't worry," he smirked as he rolled in his suitcases, "You're not my type."

      He didn't have to say it like that, Joy's small hands formed fists as she moved her things aside. She had never met someone so straight-forward like Tao that she didn't think she'd ever get along with him. They were already off to a bad start anyway.

      "How old are you?" he asked as he scanned the unusually large room.

      "19," she replied coldly, "What about you?"

      "21."

      Awkwardly, Joy stepped out of the room, unable to take the atmosphere anymore. If that's how he's going to make a conversation, she thought to herself as she galloped down the spiral stair case, I'd rather not speak to him.

 


 

      Irene sat next to Wendy that night and wondered why she would just faint like that when she was feeding her three meals a day and gave her everything that was healthily possible. It's an atrocious idea, but I think one of them did it. Irene noticed the way Wendy would try to avoid being near them as much as possible and it was very suspicious.

      "With so many guys living here," LuHan sat near her but far enough, being aware of her feelings, "I don't think it's safe."

      With no answer coming from Irene, LuHan sighed deeply and slouched into the couch. He just watched her and for the first time, he noticed how soft her skin appeared to be.

      "I don't trust them either."

      "Why do you say that?"

      "You can't tell me that you don't see the way Wendy acts around them."

      "I think you're just over thinking. Of course someone wouldn't want their brother and uncles coming to live in the same house. It's awkward, especially when they're that old."

      Fed up with the way he thought about things, Irene turned to shoot her lasers into LuHan's eyes, "It's fear."

      LuHan was taken aback by her eerie words for it wasn't like her to say anything about people. Slowly, he backed up and left the house. It was too much of an awkward atmosphere to stay in anyway. The tension that was growing between the two had gotten out of hand, to the point where LuHan didn't like staying next to Irene. All because she had to tell me she liked me..

      Snapping back to reality, Irene looked from her trembling hands and back to Wendy who was slowly stirring as she slept. This whole thing was making her go crazy and though she knew that, Irene fed into the need to search more. Just before she could lay a finger on Wendy, KyungSoo walked through the front door and quickly came to her side. As he pretended to be worried, Irene looked down on the man who was standing in front of her. He disgusted her in many ways.

      "Where were you?"

      Not even moving his eyes from Wendy, KyungSoo said, "I was in a meeting."

      "Was the meeting so important that you couldn't come when Wendy fainted?"

      Smirking as he shook his head, KyungSoo finally locked eyes with Irene, making her cower in fear, "Did anyone even care to contact me about her fall? Did any of you run to get me? No, so what was so important that you couldn't even tell me, her brother."

      Loss of words, Irene stormed out of the living room and into her own. She didn't know what it was but the way KyungSoo's eyes peered into her own made her feel sick.

      "Wendy," he her midnight ends, "I'm sorry but this is what happens when you defy me. All you need to do, is obey me."

 


Author's Note

Hey pistachios! Thank you for participating in the poll! I have an idea for a new fanfic after I finish this one and I wanted to know what the majority of you read! ^^ Also, I got the job and I start on Monday of next week! That's why I am going to try to update every day before I won't have as much time as I do now. I love you all! Thank you for the upvotes and subscriptions, they are greatly appreciated! :)

감사! ♥