Chapter 15

Blue anTHəm

      When they finally gathered everyone up, Wendy and ChanYeol were already destroying the stadium. Messy strikes came from ChanYeol as he became afraid of Wendy's great power. His fire was also accumulating more from before, signalling that he had to pull all his strength just to try and beat the girl in front of him.

      ChanYeol threw one powerful strike at her, this time, he succeeded, making the scar on her shoulder burn furiously;

      "Stop trying to get revenge!" he chuckled, "I'll always come on top!"

      Jumping her way, KyungSoo ran out to the field and fought along side her, "Wendy! Hold on!"

      He had grown so strong over the years that he had abeen the Ex-Devil but not strong enough to face Wendy or KyungSoo. The two seemed to conjoin their mutual feelings and they learned to fight with each other.

      Thinking she'd push him away, KyungSoo fought from a distance but to his surprise, Wendy turned to ask for his assistance as she was recharging her electric weapon. Gladly, he took over, not once letting himself falter against ChanYeol's burning power.

      "This is not a fair fight," ChanYeol laughed nervously as his eyes widened with every push of power, "Two against one!"

      "Where is Kris?" KyungSoo pushed him into a corner and held him up on his collar, "If he comes out of hiding, it'll be fair!"

      ChanYeol gave no answer, only a struggle to set himself free of KyungSoo's strong hands. When he was finally placed on the ground, KyungSoo stomped the sandy ground, releasing pulses that made everyone fall to their knees, and ChanYeol became swallowed into quicksand.

      KyungSoo dragged him lower into the ground with the closing of his fists; "You must perish for your wrong doings-!"

      "Wait!" Wendy ran towards ChanYeol with the same fable weapon that she killed Irene with, "Let me end him!"

      As she jumped into the air, Wendy gripped the sizzling end with her two hands and swung it down, straight through his body. As he became ash and mixed with the sand, he left behind a boiling bath of lava.

      "Good job,"

      KyungSoo collapsed to his knees and looked up at the sky that was returning to it's true hell-ish color. He was overwhelmed that the fight had ended and the poison had finally reached every part of his body. With his eyes rolling back into his head, KyungSoo began coughing out pools of blood, causing Wendy to run towards him.

      "Everyone, I need your help!"

      The HU's and her friends all ran over and stared at Wendy blankly; wondering what help was needed.

      "Connect your powers with me," she pleaded, "It's the only way we can save him!"

      Without hesitating, one by one, starting from Tao, each HU drew their powers into the air around them, leaving white markings that floated towards Wendy's body, even SeHun and Xiumin transferred their powers. As they concentrated all their power together, Wendy could feel herself becoming full of energy. Joy and Seulgi watched from the side-lines as their friend tried her hardest to save the life of someone who saved her own.

      When she felt that the powers were transferred over, Wendy locked her two hands together, making an O between the ends of her forefingers and thumbs, and placed it over KyungSoo's chest. Though his heart was coming to a halt, it had enough beats to be revived and that was what Wendy used as a jump-start to saving him.

      Everyone watched as the combined energy flowed into his body through the entrance that Wendy had made with her hands. The more that went in, the more black liquid flowed into Wendy's arms and towards her own heart.

      "Wendy!" Seulgi ran over to her, "Stop or you-"

      "Get away," Wendy did not budge, "I have to do this."

      Though everyone wanted to stop her, they couldn't. Even Lay understood her plan: If KyungSoo could live on, it was okay that she would disappear. Wendy had made up her mind the moment she asked for their powers.

      "Just a little more..."

      As Wendy poured more power into KyungSoo, the area around them became covered in a bright light, causing them to turn away and shield their eyes. Though there was one person who kept her gaze on KyungSoo—It was Wendy.

      As the light dimmed until it completely disappeared, Wendy loosened her gate and looked at his calm face, "He's okay now.."

      Before anyone could cry with tears of joy, Wendy lowered her head towards the unmoving KyungSoo, and as if it were a remix of Sleeping Beauty, she kissed him softly. To her surprise, Wendy noticed a big difference from when they first kissed, his lips were now warm and full of color.

      "Do KyungSoo." Wendy said as if mocking him for saying that to her so many times before, "It's time to wake up now."

      Upon demand, KyungSoo opened his eyes to see the dark skies of hell once more and slowly got up to a sitting position, but as he did so, Wendy's heart stopped beating all at once and she fell right into his lap.

      In front of him was the girl he saved and to repay him, she saved him. He remembered every moment they had when she as the Higher Command, he remembered how he used to get scolded by Wendy if he couldn't complete his training or if he didn't treat his comrades right. He remembered it all and as his eyes welled up with salty water, he could feel her once warm body turn cold against his touch. For the first time that he had become the Devil by Wendy's request, KyungSoo shed tears of sadness.


A Year Later

      After Wendy disappeared, we learned that Kris and LuHan left hand in hand into the place everyone called Limbo. No one ruled it, and you could create your own life there. That was the plan the two had made when they were finally taken back by ChanYeol. They let him fail so they could receive their own freedom.

      I now live in the human world with my HU's and I leave Lay to be in command of Hell. He makes a better Devil than I would anyway. If I could lie, I'd say that I didn't envy Kris and LuHan for leaving to such a great place.. I would probably kill myself and run toward's Wendy's light that I see everyday.

      But you see, this new life that Wendy and all my comrads gave me, I just can't take a sword to the chest. I have to live on, so everyone will know the truth of Wendy's existence. Because of her choices in life, we all accumulated this content feeling of happiness.

      "KyungSoo, let's go," Chen and Tao arrived at his door before they ran down the spiral stair case of the old house, "We'll be late!"

      "I'll be down in a minute!"

      When we came here, the kindest people to us were the ones who worked at the Orphanage that Wendy used to work at with LuHan. They welcomed us with open arms and so here we are, working for them, loving the kids.

      If you're wondering, No, we are not humans, we are still a walking dead.. but thanks to Wendy, we feel as though we are alive. Therefore, we live as humans, with human ways.

      As KyungSoo closed his journal and swung it underneath his bed, he made a trip down to Wendy's instrument room and walked around a little, remembering her passion for the room. In honor of her, the room was kept and cleaned, just as she had left it.

      "I hope you are smiling.." he walked out the front door and joined his friends who were waiting at the gate, "Wherever you are."

      As they sat in the car and listened to whatever was playing on the radio, KyungSoo noticed a light blue streak flow across the street where Wendy had once died. He pulled the car over to the side, so he wouldn't be in the way of traffic and ran towards the flow.

      "Where are you going?" Kai called after him, "We have somewhere to be!"

      "You guys go on ahead, I need to get something!"

      While they took their time driving off, KyungSoo was in a hurry and used his powers for the first time in a year. He closed his eyes and listened for the weak voice of the blue streak and transported to its holder. When he opened his eyes, KyungSoo had come to an open field, it was full of flowers and the air was crisp. The scent of the place reminded him of being at the beach when and the blue flowers reminded him of Wendy.

      Walking around, he came to a huge crystal lake that literally had a sign that read;

      "You can walk on water."

      Laughing to himself, KyungSoo slowly placed his converse covered feet onto the water. As if something magical had happened, his mouth hung open and he was almost too afraid to move.

      There were ripples flowing out from every step he made and as he looked around, he noticed that he might have been in Limbo. It was too dream-like for the human world;

      "Hello old friend," a high pitched voiced called from behind him.

      Turning around, he saw Kris and LuHan walking up to him with smiles on their face.

      "Was it you two?" he asked.

      "No, we're just here until she makes it."

      "She?"

      LuHan laughed, "You know who."

      "Can't I say hi?" Kris shrugged as he slightly hit KyungSoo's shoulder, "Sorry for everything."

      Shaking his head, KyungSoo replied, "Don't worry about it."

      "This is a short meeting.. but," LuHan shook hands with KyungSoo, "It was nice seeing you again."

      Before KyungSoo could say anything, the two disappeared as the wind pushed them away but with it, came the one person he waited for and she looked just as beautiful as she had been beforeblue tips and everything.

      "How-?"

      "When one dies once or more, their soul is ripped into pieces.." Wendy said, interrupting him as she made her way towards him, "LuHan and Kris gathered the three pieces of my soul.. it took a while but I'm here now."

      KyungSoo laughed in disbelief, "Am I dreaming?"

      "No," Wendy shook her head, "Even if this were a dream, you'd still wake up and find that I have come back to you. And anyway, I would wake you up like I did before."

      He laughed as she pulled him into a tight hug. It was a bit cliche but they rocked each other back and forth, like any couple you see today. KyungSoo held her close to the heart that she made beat once more as she spoke to him;

      "It's time to wake up, Do KyungSoo."

 


Author's Note

AHAHAHAHAH! I really love these kinds of endings! I will leave it up the reader to guess what happens after he wakes up. I really hope you don't bite my head off.. but if you still couldn't find the reason why I named it Blue Anthem, let me explain; Wendy worked really hard to achieve this happiness of her own and though there were many obstacles in her way, she pushed passed them and found her own way of being happy. Wendy did what she thought was right and she followed her own morals and rules. She lived as Son Wendy, not as Son SeungWan, nor did she live as the Higher Command. She left behind something to miss, and that was herself, as if she were a beautiful "song," hence, "Anthem." Also, Blue because she had midnight blue ends!! ^^ Can't forget the trait to RV's debut colors, hehe.

I hope some of you don't mind that I put Kris here.. It's my story anyway xD but I wanted it to be like.. he "came back," you know? It's just a little dream I have.. though I know it won't happen! In stories, it does!

I want to take this time to thank you all for being with me to the very end! A few of you left and a few of you came in later but it doesn't matter, I'm glad I could end this fanfic with a peaceful and content mindset. I hope to write better in the future for all my readers to enjoy! Please add me as a friend if you want to! I don't bite, hehe. I love you all!

A LITTLE SPOILER: because I don't want my readers hating me, I will tell you that Son Wendy comes back alive! :) You'll only know that if you're reading this right now... for those of you who skip by, tsk tsk. LoL.

감사! ♥