Chapter 4

Blue anTHəm

      "You're the one who wanted to live."

      Devil-nim stood there watching her as she bowed down in front of him. A pleading Wendy was something no one had ever seen before, of course she was a kind and loving person but she never had to beg for something. Not like this.

      ”See? You should be more obedient to me.” he smiled pridefully, “I could treat you so well, even those around you.”

      Wendy’s eyes scanned him from head to toe and back, “What is it that you want?”

      ”Oh, right, Tao said you asked something like that.”

      Without answering her, he walked past her and looked at the house he’d be staying in. It was quite big, but it was missing something.

      ”How many rooms are there?”

      ”There are eight rooms…”

      ”Are any of them occupied?”

      ”Four, including my own.”

      As he walked around the living room, Wendy got up on her two feet and headed straight for her music room. Knowing that she would never run from him again, KyungSoo left her alone for the time being. He’d start his game when morning rises.

 


 

      When Wendy woke up the next day, she found that there were two men living in her house, besides KyungSoo that is. She peered into the living room from her own and caught of glimpse of them. One was chowing down some chicken they had ordered and the other was sitting, like he was well kept. I don't know what to do in this situation, Wendy sighed to herself as she slumped back into her bed, Run away? No, I can't.

      Just as the thought came to her, a man walked into her room with KyungSoo and the other one following. As she tried to swallow that big lump in , he came over and sat down at the end of her bed, smiling.

      "Hey," he said, "I guess I should tell you early."

      Wendy looked at him and then to KyungSoo, as if she were begging him to help her escape the fear. The plumpness in his cheeks gave him that innocent look and it wasn't a good thing. The man looked gentle but that made him even more scary to her.

      "Tell me what?" she managed to say.

      "I mean, when you met Tao, he told his power, so should I."

      "Okay..?" even though she was scared, just the thought of them having powers made Wendy laugh.

      "I control water," he laughed along, "I thought it was funny that I had powers like this, too."

      Wendy felt the fear disappearing, he seemed more calm and nice. It was comfortable just hearing him talk to her.

      "What's your name?" she asked as she sat up to meet his eyes.

      "My name is-"

      "SuHo and he will be leaving now." KyungSoo snapped his fingers and he automatically disappeared.

      "Where did he go?"

      "He'll be back in the evening, don't worry." he let the other man step in the room after him, "This is the one I need you to meet."

      As Wendy watched him tear the meat away with his sharp like teeth, KyungSoo waved to her and closed the door behind her. Now that it was just Kai in the room with her, she felt more comfortable.

      He bowed while holding a piece of chicken in his mouth, "Kai. I teleport."

      His sentences were very short and that got Wendy having second thoughts about feeling comfortable. It was as if he didn't want to be there. He didn't even take his eyes off the chicken that he was scarfing down. He threw the bone behind him and it vanished, leaving no sound of it tapping on the marble floors.

      Finally meeting her eyes, Kai "Wendy, right?"

      Wendy gave him the silent treatment as he walked around her room, snooping through her things.

      "Hyung wanted me to meet you personally, so now we, SuHo and I, are living in this house with you two."

      "Why do I need to meet you?"

      "Let's just say that since I can teleport anywhere, I need to be with you at all times."

      "And why is that?"

      "You really don't get anything, do you?" he chuckled as he spun around in circles.

      "Devil-nim wants me to be his slave for life." Wendy shrugged, "That's all I know."

      Shaking his head, Kai stopped spinning and opened her window to let in the breeze, "I can't feel this kind of air back home."

      Giving him a weird look, Wendy got off her bed and ran straight for the living room. But as soon as she got there, Kai was already sitting down and flicking through tv shows. Giving up, she went to the kitchen and brought two glasses of water with her back to the living room.

      "Don't worry," he sipped on the ice cold drink, "You'll get used to seeing us more."

      "Just tell me what I don't know, isn't that what you're here for?"

      "Not exactly, I'm just here to stay with you."

      "And why?"

      Sighing deeply, Kai put the glass back down on the coffee table in front of him, "When our God gets involved with a human like this, the underlings go psycho. They say he wants to rebel and turn good but that's definitely not true."

      "What exactly does that mean?"

      "They'll be coming after you, day and night—well, it will be more active at night."

      "What do they want with me?"

      "They want to kill you but even if they do, you'll come back alive." he whispered in her ears, "You're already dead."

      "No, I'm not dead!" Wendy stood up and pinched herself, "You see? That hurt!"

      "You may be alive but your body and soul belongs to our God. When you were admitted to the hospital, you were already dead but Hyung kept you alive because of your wish."

      "My wish?"

      "Yeah, don't you remember? You two had a full on conversation while I was keeping watch."

      Wendy shook her head, "I only remember him saying a few words to me."

      "Don't worry, you're still recovering. You'll remember soon."

      No matter how hard she tried to recollect her memories, Wendy couldn't remember anything. Devil-nim only asked me if I wanted to live, right? She watched as Kai laughed at the gag concert on the screen and sighed deeply.

      "Since I can't die anyway, why are you here to keep an eye on me?"

      "You're being to ignorant." he waved his hand towards her, "You're just lucky that no one is here right now."

      "And when there is?"

      Kai crossed his legs and stretched his arms across the back of the couch, "You can't die but they have their own ways of breaking the rules. One day, there will be that one underling who does.. and if that day comes, you'll die and forever cease to exist."

 


 

      What does he mean, "You'll die and forever cease to exist?" If I'm already dead, it shouldn't be a problem. I'm invincible.

      LuHan walked into Wend'ys home and awkwardly greeted the three men that were glaring at him, almost as if he were a threat. Looking around, he finally found someone that he knew and ran straight for them.

      "Irene," he put his arm around her shoulder, "Who are the other two men?"

      "A-Apparently, those are her uncles.." she shook her head as she could feel her face turn red, "They came to visit."

      "For how long?"

      "I-I don't know, they didn't say."

      Seulgi came running down the spiral stair case and slid across the floor to the kitchen. There she pushed her two friends who were talking among themselves;

      "You talking about those other two?"

      LuHan lent Irene a hand, picking her up from the floor, "Yeah, do you-"

      "Where's Joy?" Irene asked as she interrupted LuHan.

      "She should be coming home now."

      "Where did she go?" LuHan asked.

      "School, she's taking her finals." Seulgi winked to him, "We should wish her luck."

      "Sure thing," he turned around to look at Irene once more and whispered to his friend, "You sure she's not angry with me?"

      Sighing, Seulgi tapped her on the shoulder, "You two talk, I'm going out with my friends."

      "W-wait!" LuHan tried to follow after her but was pushed back into the house.

      "Everything alright?" SuHo asked, "Want me to go after her?"

      "No, she's going out with friends," LuHan laughed nervously and backtracked to Irene, "Thank you though."

      Irene could feel her heart beating faster and she could barely cut the vegetables right. She didn't know what to do. Right then, Wendy came from her music room and knocked her fist with LuHan.

      "Why are you here today?"

      "I came to check up on you."

      When Irene saw his frown turn into a big smile, she couldn't help but feel jealous. Every time he saw Wendy, that's all he would do, smile. Irene interrupted their short conversation and took LuHan's hand into hers.

      "Follow me."

      Wendy felt that maybe she interrupted Irene and so she went to go join her "brother and uncles" in the living room. It was strange that Irene would just pull him away like that. Wendy gasped as she slapped her knees in excitement. Maybe she's telling him!

      "What's wrong with her?" Kai asked.

      "I have no idea.." SuHo burst out laughing.

      Wendy hushed them and ran out towards the backyard, following Irene and LuHan's trail. When she pushed her ear against the thin wall, she heard LuHan speaking;

      "What is it?"

      "I..."

      "Look, lately, I feel like you've been ignoring me."

      "I'm not-"

      "Are you angry about what happened to Wendy? Are you angry that I wasn't there to help?" he sighed, "I am angry at myself, too-"

      "This is about her!" Irene shouted, "This is about me! About how I feel!"

      For once in his life, LuHan felt how stern Irene was. The fiery look in her eyes told him to shut up and listen and that's what he did.

      "I have only liked you," she sighed as she wrapped her arms around her shaking body, "Ever.. Ever since the beginning. It's only been you.. and I know you only have eyes for Wendy but I still like you!"

      Wendy jumped away from the wall. LuHan liking me? No way!

      "Can't you see me just once?"

      LuHan bit his lip as his hands folded into fists, "I-I'm .. Give me time."

 


Author's Note

Hey pistachios! There has been a full week that I didn't update and I greatly apologize. Anyhow, I want your guy's opinion on an idea I've had in my mind: AmberxMinHo fanfic. What about it? I would like for you to give me your thoughts please! Until next time!

감사! ♥