Chapter 14

Blue anTHəm

      Seulgi could feel that he was beginning to lose power and though she was happy, she also felt a little sad. They were fighting for someone else's purpose and not their own morals.

      "I'll defeat you-"

      She watched as he could barely catch his breath.

      "What's your name?"

      He gave a weird look before answering, "Xiumin."

      "My name is Seulgi," she threw down her sword, "and I won't fight you anymore."

      He laughed out of confusion, "We have to-"

      "Who says so?" she came closer to him, "We're both tired."

      "I have to.. for my god-"

      "Your so called God, doesn't care that you're going to die risking your life for him. He wants to rule the underworld, heck, he may even want to rule the whole world!" Seulgi held his cold hands into her warms ones, "Let's stop."

      While the two of them were finally understanding each other's pain, SeHun interrupted this warm moment and blew Seulgi away from Xiumin's grasp with his strong wind power.

      "We need to kill her, not befriend her!" SeHun's anger could be seen as his power whirled around him, "Are you trying to go against our god?"

      "It's not that!" Seulgi got to her feet, "Your god will kill you either way!"

      "No he won't!" SeHun was being stubborn, "He will make a wonderful god! One who protects-"

      "What is he doing now?" Xiumin asked him, "He's letting us fight to our deaths as he stands there and watches the fight. Why are we even fighting for someone like him?"

      There was a moment where SeHun became hesitant but he shook it off and began attacking them both;

      "If you defy our God, you're no longer a friend-!"

      Chen and BaekHyung came from outside the windows and started attacking SeHun with all their might. There were lashes and blood here and there. From where Xiumin and Seulgi stood, you could hear the clear sounds of metal hitting one another. As if it made a song.

      SeHun gathered all the power he had left and bllew BaekHyun and Chen out the window, letting them land hard on the concrete grounds. Before he could do anything else, BaekHyun and Chen put their powers together and attacked SeHun. As the lightning and light passed through his body, SeHun coughed out blood.

      As their energy draining away, all three of them collapsed to the ground and chuckled like old men;

      "What are we fighting for?"


      Kai and SuHo were told to follow Wendy into the human world, just to make sure that she would be okay. But when they finally arrived at the place she was supposed to be at, they found that she was no where to be found.

      "She's at the orphanage," LuHan came out of the shadows to give them the information, "That's the last place she wants to see."

      SuHo got into his fighting form, "Why are you here?"

      "I'm no longer on any side... I roam free." he gave them a cold look from his innocent face, "Find her before he does."

      The two had no choice but to trust in his words and transported to the orphanage. LuHan had suddenly become someone with no emotion but a will to do what he felt was right, and that was what threw them off. They thought he had become one of the bad guys who worked underneath ChanYeol but he had dodged that.

      Upon arriving at the orphanage, they saw that there were kids all around Wendy, singing with her, playing games with her. They were like a small family.

      "Wendy!" Kai called out to her, "We must go!"

      Nodding sadly, Wendy said goodbye to the kids and ran started to run towards Kai;

      "Wendy!" a kid called after her, "Where must you go?"

      Turning around, she flashed one last smile at the kids, "Somewhere not too far!"

      As she ran away with Kai and SuHo the kids had tears in their eyes. After so long, they were only able to see Wendy for a few moments before she had to go again. This time, they knew it was going to be a very long time until the next time they met.

      "LuHan was here," Kai said as they finally came to the spot where she died.

      "LuHan?" Wendy looked around, "Where?"

      SuHo shook his head, "He must have left already."

      "If he's here.. then that means that something happened to KyungSoo!" Wendy begged Kai, "Send me back!"

      Kai held her shoulders tightly, "I can't do that!"

      "And why not?"

      "You have to fulfill the task he gave you!" Kai hesitated before giving her the bad news, "He said to make you do it before his time is over."

      "What do you mean?"

      "He's going to disappear!" Kai looked into her disbelieving eyes, "When KyungSoo went to save Irene from SeHun's grasp, ChanYeol had pierced him with thorns. Not just any thorns, alright? These are thorns that bleed poison, poison that kills you slowly."

      "Then, he still has time!"

      "His time is over!" SuHo yelled, "Can't you see? He spent the rest of his time training your for this moment and you won't even fulfill it!"

      Kai took the pill from inside her pocket, "This will end everything-!"

      "How do you know that?" Wendy felt her tears drop from her eyes, "How do you know that if I die, everything will be restored? How do you know that he will be saved if I die?"

      The two became silent at her questions, they hadn't thought about it like that. They were simply following orders.

      Wendy took the pill back and smashed it on the ground, letting the liquid pour out onto the earth beneath them.

      "I will do what I want."


      KyungSoo was moving stealthily around Irene, making sure she didn't know where he was stepping. But little by little, he could tell that she was getting used to being blindfolded. All she had now was her sense of smell and touch.

      "I'm going to kill you and when I do, I'll go kill Wendy," Irene walked blindly towards any direction, "Just you wait."

      Before Irene could try any type of attack on KyungSoo, Wendy transported right in front of KyungSoo, protecting him from her lashes. Kai and SuHo followed after her and dragged him away from the scene.

      "We have to check on the others." Kai said as he tried to stop KyungSoo from going back to Wendy.

      "That girl wants to take care of Irene by herself." SuHo said, "It's best we leave girls to girls."

      Just as SuHo had said, Irene and Wendy started going at it, attacking one another as if they were strangers and feelings didn't exist. There was a time when they were friends and there was a time when they laughed. Those times seemed too distant to Irene, she had forgotten how to live. After the LuHan issue, she couldn't contain how she really felt;

      "ChanYeol got to you didn't he?" Wendy charged her power into her hand, conducting an electric weapon, "He took your hatred and covered your true feelings and you let him!"

      "Shuttup!" Irene could only hear Wendy's strong voice but it was enough to scare her, "You don't know anything!"

      "I know everything," Wendy walked over to Irene and bonded her to the sandy stadium, "I know we used to be friends."

      "It was all a lie!" Irene tried to break free of the spell, "I have always hated you."

      "Will you keep on killing?"

      "Yes!" Irene laughed crazily, "I will kill everyone until I have enough power-"

      Before Irene could finish, Wendy put both hands on the electric weapon she had made and cut through Irene's heart. Once the contact was made with Irene's flesh, her whole body became electrocuted, causing her to come at a complete dysfunction;

      "There are some of us who turn good," Wendy whispered to her old friend, "And then there are some of us who will stay evil."

      Wendy watched her old friend die right before her eyes. There was a lot of memories they made together, a lot that made her laugh, cry, and smile. All of those times seemed to be only a memory of the past. Irene had become a monster, and though it hurt her, Wendy had to put an end to someone like her.

      "Good job," ChanYeol clapped as he came out of hiding, "You finally killed your own friend."

      "My friend died a long time ago,"

      Wendy's eyes followed ChanYeol as Irene's body turned to ash behind her. She knew she did the right thing, she freed her friend from his spell;

      "Now it's your turn to die."