Chapter 13

Blue anTHəm

      "You did good but that damned KyungSoo still knew who you were."

      Kris kept his gaze towards the ground, "I'll do better next time."

      Laughing slightly, ChanYeol shook his head, "There won't be a next time."

      "What do you mean?"

      "No more playing games," his hands came to a rest on KyungSoo's tall shoulders and his fingers began to tap, "We will invade tonight."


      KyungSoo had Wendy guarded by four HU's at all times (except for in the bathroom and such). They were not to leave her side unless instructed to do so by KyungSoo himself.

      "What do you think they'll try to do next?" she asked Lay as he stood beside her while she was preparing to enter the stadium, "Kill me?"

      "He already tried."

      "Oh, right," Wendy laughed nervously, "But what do you think?"

      "He'll invade at any moment now that he's gotten a few scratches on you." Lay handed Wendy her twin blades, "He will come soon."

      Taking the swords, she began walking out to the field, "How do you know?"

      "I've known him all my life. He will try to kill you or keep you for himself."

      "As his wife?"

      "No, as his power source." Lay watched as her power transferred to her swords, "You possess great power, remember? He'll want it."

      "Not if I take him down."

      Standing on the side-lines, Lay watched as she attacked the test subjects for the billionth time. After she had let her guard down when Xiumin and LuHan came to steal Irene, and after she let Kris attack her, Wendy has become stronger while training. She's developed her own technique of light steps so she moves faster.

      "She's come a long way," KyungSoo said as he rested on one of the seats in the stadium.

      "She has," Lay said without turning his gaze from Wendy, "But what about you?"

      "What do you mean?"

      "Come on," Lay chuckled, "Just admit it."

      "Admit what-?"

      "You honestly like her."

      KyungSoo fell into complete silence as his HU had been on point with his statement.

      "No one ever said we'd disappear if we remember our past. Even I still remember my past, though it is painful to think about. That's something you made up to scare Wendy... but it's also a lie that you told yourself. You wanted to forget so many things that had happened when you were once a human being. Why do you think I ripped that girl apart-?"

      "Lay, stop-"

      "No you need to hear this: we're at our last hours and I at least want to rant to you about how you truly are," Lay's expression was calm but his voice became stern, "During your time of being an HU, I was happy to have someone so brave and ironically kind as our next ruler. ChanYeol had no feelings and his only goal was to kill and destroy. You, you had the ability to help those who needed help. Like Tao, he's the one who has received all of your help. But once that girl of yours finally died, you saved her automatically. You thought that you two could live in peace and harmony.. but in Hell? She was clearly afraid of what you had become, even more so, what she had become. A living dead. You made the mistake of making her that way and you knew it. You suddenly became a weak man, someone who's great reign went downhill. So, I had to do it. I had to kill her."

      "I understand."

      With those two words, KyungSoo walked away, even before he could see Wendy who started waving at him. There were mixed emotions that were welling up inside of him, feelings of agony and guilt. Then there was Wendy, the one who made him feel alive. Just seeing her would make his dead heart beat.

      "I can't help it though, I have to act like I don't care," KyungSoo beat his fists against the outer walls of the stadium, "My time is almost over."


      At the late hours, when everyone was planning for sleep, the red skies burned with fire. The black dust turned to coal and the floors of the castle became ice-cold, almost too cold to even step on with your bare feet.

      "He's here," KyungSoo grabbed his weapons and ran to Wendy's room, only to find that she was already dressed and ready to fight.

      "Let's go," she nodded in his direction, "The last fight."

      "It will be," he smiled sadly, "Everyone to your positions!"

      KyungSoo stayed at Wendy's side with Lay and Tao. He wanted to make sure that she still being guarded 24/7 of the time. With the windows getting colder and the air getting hotter, the glass broke into millions of pieces, making them shield their eyes.

      "Is everyone alright?" KyungSoo roared over the intense amounts of sounds.

      "Yes!"

      As he was busy trying to look out for everyone else, ChanYeol had stepped through the broken panes and stood in front of KyungSoo. When he smelled his scent, KyungSoo opened his hands as if to threaten ChanYeol.

      "Oh boy, can't I just say hi first?" ChanYeol laughed as KyungSoo became more angry, "That's the face I missed."

      "What are you doing here?"

      "Isn't it obvious?" he pointed towards Wendy, "I want to kill her. She is the only thing that is keeping me away from my rightful position!"

      Seulgi pointed her sword towards his back and slashed him from behind. Because he was so concentrated on his anger towards Wendy, Seulgi managed to put a big gash from the top right shoulder blade, all the way down to his hip bone.

      "You ."

      ChanYeol backed away as Xiumin jumped through the windows and began to vigorously throw ice-arrows in her direction. His expression was also solemn as he continued to fire at Seulgi.

      Wendy ran towards her friend to help, "Seulgi-!"

      "Take Joy and Wendy! Run away!" Seulgi yelled at KyungSoo, stopping Wendy from coming closer as she lured Xiumin away from the scene, "I'll take care of this one!"

      Just as Seulgi had commanded, KyungSoo took Wendy's hand in his own and jumped out of the castle. They could move around more and would be safer in larger areas.

      As they entered the stadium, they were thrown off guard when LuHan and Irene came out of nowhere. It was almost like they were having a Simon Says, if one moved, the other would also move.

      "LuHan.." Wendy came towards him but he backed away.

      "Don't call me like you know me," he pushed her away, "I'm not here to befriend you, I'm here to kill you."

      Irene chuckled softly to herself as Wendy fell so pathetically on the sandy ground beneath her, "You're still as weak as before!"

      "You're wrong!" Joy came forward, "She had gained so much strength! More than you-"

      Irene brought out a whip and slashed Joy across the face, "Watch your mouth little girl!"

      Wendy could tell that Irene was no longer there. Joy was always the one they all looked after, no one ever hurt her. Feeling her blood start to boil, Wendy lashed out her pain on Irene. Her attacks were fatal and quick, leaving behind blue streaks of where he swords moved.

      "You're not Irene, not anymore!"

      As Tao and Lay tended to Joy's burning face, KyungSoo joined Wendy in her fight with Irene. LuHan simply watched as their energy began to drain out from their bodies.

      "You think you're so good!" Irene stopped to catch her breath, "Your power is fake!"

      "My power is real," Wendy swung her swords once more, "You are the one who has fake powers!"

      Irene quickly dodged her old friend's attack and locked eyes with KyungSoo. With her partner no longer by her side, Wendy started to feel afraid of what Irene would do to him.

      "If you make one move, I'll make your sweet KyungSoo kill himself."

      Wendy watched as Irene's ugly laugh mismatched with her innocent face. What can I do now? KyungSoo will die...

      "Irene, let him go."

      LuHan stepped in and blindfolded Irene with a special enchantment. Now free, KyungSoo ran over to Wendy and embraced her in a small hug.

      "I want you to run, I don't care where, just go." he touched her midnight blue ends once more and then gave her a small pill, "You said you didn't want to live this life anymore. This is the last fight. Take the it when you reach the human world."

      "What will it do to me?"

      "It will end your life.. but along with it, it will end this mini-war."

      Wendy could barely speak. He was basically asking her to die.

      "I know it may seem that I am trying to kill you but it is the only way for all of us to survive. Once you die, you'll go back to your true form, the Higher Command. You'll forget everything and stop this war upon return."

      "So, you're saying I should just-"

      "Stop!" he held her small face in his large hands, "Just please, go!"

      Without a goodbye, he transported her out of the Underworld and back into her own home. There, she ran as fast as she could, towards the spot where she died as a human being.

      "Your fight is with me," he came closer to Irene, "You won't follow her any longer."

      With LuHan's spell finally ending, Irene was blinded, and she could only use her senses. LuHan came over to KyungSoo and rested his hand on his shoulder;

      "Because I felt "nice," I blindfolded her. She won't be able to control your body or anything like that." he smiled before he vanished, "Good luck."