Flashback 4 - Where's My Baby?!

That Certain Person
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

        “SUNGGYU!” Woohyun shouted as he saw his love lying on the ground, unconscious. “Wake up Gyu!” Woohyun sobbed as he held Sunggyu in his arms. Soon, paramedics came and placed a neck collar around Sunggyu’s neck, just in case there’s a fracture.

 

 

        The ambulance drove away with Sunggyu and Woohyun inside. Once they reached the hospital, Sunggyu was immediately brought to the Operating Room, after being confirmed that he had a miscarriage. It took Woohyun a lot of guts to sign the consent form to take the dead foetus out.

 

 

        Woohyun then called both his family and Sunggyu’s. Sunggyu’s parents came immediately. Mrs. Kim was crying so hard while Mr. Kim held his wife. He tried to be strong because obviously, his to-be son-in-law and his wife are out of their minds, crying and sobbing. Myungsoo, who was in school then, skipped and immediately ran to the hospital. The cold façade that Myungsoo had was now long gone and was sobbing in his mother’s arms.

 

 

        Woohyun’s family arrive shortly after. Jihyun was broken hearted when she heard the news. After all, she likes her Sunggyu oppa for his Woohyun oppa. Mrs. Nam cradled the sobbing Woohyun in her arms as Mr. Nam console Jihyun.

 

 

        A couple of hours has passed, a surgeon came out of the operating room. “Kim Sunggyu-ssi’s family?” The Kims and the Nams immediately stood up. “I have some good news and some bad news. Which do you prefer?” The surgeon asked.

 

 

        “The good news please.” Mrs. Kim said.

 

 

        “The good news is, there’s no fracture, and there the bleeding is lesser than what we expected. He’s still in the Post Anaesthesia Care Unit for further monitoring. He’ll be staying there for at least 2 hours and may extend, depending on the circumstances that may arise.” The surgeon paused. “If you’re asking if he still can conceive, yes he still can but there’s a higher chance that if he conceives, the foetus may or may not survive, and that’s where the bad news comes in. Due to the impact and the miscarriage, there has been scarring in his uterus. The scar is actually worse than that of a woman who had a caesarean section delivery thrice.” The surgeon explained.

 

 

        Woohyun fell onto his knees. “This is my fault. This is my fault.” He keeps on muttering the phrase under his breath and started crying again. Mrs. Nam sat on the floor next to her son and hugged him.

 

 

        “Sunggyu. How is he right now?” Mr. Kim asked. “So far, so good. As what I’ve said, there’s not much bleeding so you don’t have to worry when it comes to his physical injuries. When the effects of anaesthesia wears off, he will be given pain relievers to alleviate any pain he’s feeling. What I’m worried about is his psychological status when he recovers. There’s a high possibility that he may not take the news of losing his child positively.” The surgeon continued. He told them that he needs to go back inside the Operating Room and they thanked him.

 

 

        “It’s my fault. If only I hadn’t let Key drag me. If only.. Oh God please forgive me. I’m so stupid. I can’t even take good care of my fiancé and protect my baby. I’m so sorry.” Woohyun struggled to remove his mother’s arms around him. When he successfully got out of Mrs. Nam’s hold, he crawled to Mr. and Mrs. Kim and hugged Mrs. Kim’s leg. “Eomonim, abeonim, I’m sorry. I’m sorry I couldn’t protect your son and your grandchild. I’m sorry.” He kept on apologizing until Mrs. Kim sat on the floor and hugged Woohyun. “Ani-yah, Woohyun-ah. Please don’t cry. None of us wanted this to happen. Stay strong honey. We’ll make it through, okay?” Mrs. Kim reassured Woohyun.

 

 

       Mr. Kim who was silent, went near Woohyun and pulled him to stand up. “Man up, Woohyun! You need to man up! You can’t protect Sunggyu in the future if you’re like this! Man up!” Mr. Kim shook Woohyun. Woohyun nodded weakly as Mr. Kim pulled him into a hug. Woohyun, out of the blue, fainted in Mr. Kim’s arms.

 

 

        Woohyun’s energy was drained from too much crying and the next thing he knew, he was inside a room, with intravenous fluids attached to his forearm. He rubbed his eyes and slowly sat up.

 

 

        “Ah, Woohyun. You’re awake.” Mrs. Nam approached his son. “Eomma, what happened?” Woohyun asked. “You fainted, sweetheart. You’re in the same room as Sunggyu.” Oh. “Where’s he, eomma? How is he?” Woohyun turned to the bed next to him and saw it was empty. “He’s still inside the Post Anaesthesia Care Unit, baby. You fainted an hour ago. The surgeon said they’d wheel Sunggyu here soon.” She reassured him as she caresses his hair. “Are you hungry? Do you want eomma to peel an apple for you?” Mrs. Nam asked Woohyun and the latter nodded. Mrs. Nam then peeled an apple then cut it into pieces and fed Woohyun. Few minutes have passed, the door was opened and some nurses wheeled the stretcher where Sunggyu is laying inside the room.

 

 

        “Gyu..” Woohyun stood up and went to Sunggyu’s bedside, dragging the stand where the fluid was hanged. “Gyu..” Woohyun called again as he drag a chair and sat on it. “Baby. Please wake up.”

 

 

        Sunggyu’s eyes fluttered open. “Where am I?” Sunggyu asked. He turned to his side and saw Woohyun. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?” He reached out to his pillow and threw it to Woohyun. For a post-operative person, this small gesture caused a lot of pain to Sunggyu since the surgical scar on his stomach is still fresh. Sunggyu groaned and Mrs. Nam immediately called a nurse. The nurse came in and checked Sunggyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter