Epilogue 2 - Sunggyu's Pregnancy

That Certain Person
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1ST MONTH – APRIL

 

        Sunggyu’s vomiting episodes continued and Sunggyu’s mood was unpredictable due to the interplaying of hormones in his body. Woohyun, on the other hand, was very patient with his big baby. With some advice from his brother-in-law, he managed to cope with Sunggyu’s mood change.

 

 

        Sunggyu’s birthday came and he was throwing a tantrum at Woohyun because the latter always come home late. Sunggyu, the over dramatic hamster, cried and accused Woohyun of cheating. Truth to be told, Woohyun has been preparing a big celebration for Sunggyu’s birthday. That night, Sunggyu just let Woohyun drag him to GyuBear Resto, though he was mad at the other. Once they entered the restaurant, family and friends popped party poppers and greeted Sunggyu. Sunggyu cried and showered his husband with kisses.

 

 

2ND MONTH – May

 

 

        Woohyun accompanied his pregnant wife to his pre-natal check up. While waiting for their turn, they saw Key and Jonghyun sat on the chairs in front of them, with Jonghyun holding their first born who is now 3 years old, Bummie on his lap, and Key holding his tummy. Sunggyu came up and sat next to Key and the latter was surprised. Key mentioned that he’s in his 5th month of pregnancy with his second child and how Bummie was excited to meet his baby brother. Jonghyun got up and sat next to Woohyun. As Sunggyu and Key talk about pregnancy, their husbands talk about “man things”. Who would’ve thought that the once worst enemies became best friends in a snap?

 

 

3RD MONTH – JUNE

 

        Woohyun woke up earlier than usual and prepared breakfast for himself and Sunggyu. Sunggyu is now in his 12th week of pregnancy and Woohyun can’t wait to go with Sunggyu on his check up. He was excited to hear his child’s heart beat.

 

 

        Sunggyu stirred in his sleep and woke up without Woohyun beside him. He panicked and ran out of the room. As he was going down the stairs, he smelled fried rice being cooked. He ran to the kitchen and hugged Woohyun from behind, which made the latter jump in surprise.

 

        “Baby, why are you up so early?” Woohyun asked as remove Sunggyu’s hands and faced his wife. His eyes grew twice its’ usual size as he saw his wife in tears. “Hey, why are you crying?” He wiped the tears off of Sunggyu’s face and hugged him. “I *hick* woke up without you by my die. *hick* I thought *sniff* you left me.” Sunggyu sobbed heartbreakingly as Woohyun rub circles on his back. “Shhh. I just woke up early, pretty excited to hear our baby’s heart beat, I suppose.” Woohyun chuckled. Sunggyu calmed down and Woohyun pulled him to sit on one of the chairs. “Are you hungry?” Woohyun asked and Sunggyu only gave him a nod as a response. “For a while, baby. I’ll cook the egg first. Fried or scrambled?” “Scramble please~”

 

 

        Both ate breakfast in peace. They took a shower together and got dressed and head out to Dr. Lee’s clinic.

 

 

        Sunggyu was lying on the examination table with his shirt lifted to his chin.

 

 

        Lub dub.. Lub dub.. Lub dub..

        Lub dub.. Lub dub.. Lub dub..

 

 

        Three heartbeats can be heard. Two of them are beating wildly while the other one was beating calmly.

 

 

        “Do you hear that? Three heartbeats were detected.” Dr. Lee pointed out. “The calm beating is Sunggyu-ssi’s. The other two are the babies’. Seems like we’re expecting twins here.” Dr. Lee removed the device from Sunggyu’s tummy and handed the latter with tissue to wipe the cold gel off of his tummy.

 

 

        “Twins? Oh my God.” Woohyun was ecstatic while Sunggyu’s face is unreadable. They thanked Dr. Lee and head out for lunch. “What are you thinking of, baby?” Woohyun asked, concerned with Sunggyu’s silence. “Nothing. It’s just, can we handle two babies at a time, Hyunnie?”

 

 

       Woohyun stopped the car on the side and faced Sunggyu. “Baby, I’m here, okay? No worries, we can pull it through.” Woohyun reassured Sunggyu. And this was all Sunggyu needed to hear.

 

 

4TH MONTH – JULY

 

 

        “Yup, it’s twins. Fraternal, it seems. A girl and a boy.”

 

 

        Dr. Lee’s words keep on replaying on Woohyun’s mind. After the check-up, he took Sunggyu out for lunch and they ended up buying different things that their baby needs. Woohyun was really excited and almost bought the whole store for his babies.

 

 

        They were already home and was lying lazily on the bed. “So, yeobo. Any names for our babies?” Woohyun asked. “We already talked about it a few years back, right? Ahran and Sungwoo ~ What do you think?” Sunggyu stared at Woohyun’s eyes as the latter flash a smile and said, “Perfect.”

 

 

5TH MONTH – AUGUST

 

 

        It’s Sungyeol’s birthday, Woohyun and Sunggyu helped Myungsoo in preparing the younger’s surprise for his wife. When Sungyeol’s birthday came, he was pretty surprised with the party and was crying. Little Myungsoo and the triplets consoled him. Daeyeol, being the smart , dragged his father secretly away from his mother. Myungsoo was confused with his son’s actions. “Dada ~” Daeyeol called his father. “What is it baby?” Daeyeol signalled his father to bend down and Myungsoo did so. Daeyeol tied a ribbon around Myungsoo’s head and whispered, “You are my gift to mama. Stay here ~” That little Daeyeol, how dare he order his father around? Instead of being angry, Myungsoo found his son’s actions

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter