DRABBLE 3 PART 2

That Certain Person
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[WOOHYUN]

 

 

            That night, Sunggyu and Woohyun didn’t talk. When Woohyun entered their shared bedroom, Sunggyu was already lying down, facing the wall, with pillows in the middle of the bed. He actually piled some pillows as a barrier between him and Woohyun. He was hugging his Hamtaro plushie, which Woohyun gave him during his 1st  month of pregnancy. Woohyun can only sigh at Sunggyu’s childish acts. Woohyun thought that leaving Sunggyu alone is better than forcing him to talk. So, the husband just lay on the bed and succumbed to sleep.

 

 

            The next morning, Woohyun woke up without Sunggyu beside him. He looked at the clock hanging on the wall and it read 11:12am. Woohyun groaned. How come Sunggyu didn’t wake him up and let him skip breakfast? Usually, Sunggyu wakes him up at around 8am to eat breakfast and let him go back to sleep. But not this time. He got up from the bed and went of the room when he noticed that their apartment is too quiet.

 

 

            He directly went to the kitchen, hoping to see Sunggyu there, making lunch or doing the dishes or whatever. But to his dismay, even the kitchen is empty. The note posted on the fridge caught his attention.

 

 

            Gone out for a while.

I don’t know when I’ll be back.

Don’t wait up. Food’s in the fridge.

Heat it up if you’re gonna eat.

 

            Gyu

 

 

            Even the writings on the note were cold, just like how Sunggyu is treating Woohyun. Woohyun sighed and took out the dishes, and had it heat up in the microwave.

 

 

[SUNGGYU]

 

            Sunggyu woke up around 8am and noticed that Woohyun was still in deep sleep. Being the considerate wife that he was, he didn’t bother waking the latter up. He was pondering on what happened last night and boy he was guilty of dragging the tired Woohyun around. He wanted to apologize but his pride won’t let him. He sighed and took his phone and dialled a number; he was happy when the person on the other line picked up.

 

 

            “Hello?”

               

 

            “Hello? Kibummie?”

 

 

            “Oh, Sunggyu-ssi. How are you?”

 

 

            “I’m fine. I guess. I hope I didn’t wake you up.”

 

 

            “No, not at all. I’m actually awake since 4am. Kihyun won’t let me sleep.”

               

 

            “How’s Kihyun and Bummie, by the way?”

 

 

            “Kihyun is already 4 months. Well, Bummie is getting the hang of being a hyung. He keeps on asking if when Kihyun will grow up so he can play with him.”

               

 

            “Well, Kihyun surely is blessed, huh? Having a hyung who’s excited to spend time with you.”

 

 

            “I know. I’m glad Bummie accepted his brother. By the way, why’re you calling?”

               

 

            “Nah, I just want to talk to someone.”

 

 

            “Did you and Woohyun fight?”

               

 

            “Sort of.”

 

 

            “What happened?”

               

 

            “Can I come over? I’d rather not talk about it over the phone.”

 

 

            “Yeah, sure. Jonghyun’s preparing to go out anyway.”

               

 

            “Thanks Kibum-ah. I’ll be there in 30.”

 

 

            30 minutes has passed and Sunggyu found himself outside Jonghyun and Key’s abode. He rang the doorbell and he heared rushed footsteps inside. The door opened and revealed Key, wearing a pink, glittering apron.

 

 

            “Oh, Gyu, you’re here ~ Come on in!” Key made way for his friend to enter. “I’m really sorry for the mess. Bummie here had tantrums and threw his toys everywhere.”

 

 

            “Oh. Where is he now?”

 

 

            “Inside his room. I left him there for a time out. That kid, really.”

 

 

            Sunggyu walked over to the crib on the side. He peeked in and saw that Kihyun was playing with a Hello Kitty plushie. A Hello Kitty!

 

 

            “Uh, Key. Why does Kihyun have a Hello Kitty plushie?”

 

 

            “Oh, that’s a gift from my Jaejoong hyung. Hyung loves Hello Kitty.”

 

 

            “Oh, err.”

 

 

            “I get that a lot.” Key chuckled. “If I’m a er for pink, then he’s a er for anything Hello Kitty. Even his undergarments are Hello Kitty! I don’t even know how Yunho hyung can handle that Hello Kitty lover.”

 

 

            “You shouldn’t tell other people about that though.”

 

 

            “You’re no other people, Gyu. You’re my friend ~”

 

 

            Sunggyu gave Key a soft, sad smile.

 

 

            “Oh, where’s my manner? Do you want anything? Juice? Tea? Water?”

 

 

            “Juice please.”

 

 

           With that, Key left Sunggyu alone in the living room with Kihyun, who he picked up from the crib. The baby was giggling happily in Sunggyu’s arms. Key came back after a couple of minutes with a couple of glasses with orange juice on hand. Key handed the other glass to Sunggyu who took it without hesitation. Key placed his glass on the table in front of them and took Kihyun from Sunggyu.

 

 

            “So, what happened?”

 

 

            Sunggyu knew what Key was talking about.

 

 

            “We had a little fight.”

 

 

            “I don’t think it’s a little fight

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter