Chapter 89

You Who Came From The Stars

Luhan was feeling terrible.

And not because he'd nearly banged Sehun in a fit of delusions.

Well, not entirely because of that.

Because now that he thought about it, he had nearly cheated on Mei – with a guy.

And not just any guy but her best friend, his favorite cub and his explanation that he had been thinking about her sounded flimsy to his own ears, it wouldn't hold any water with her.

Dammit! He pinched the bridge of his nose, wondering when his life had turned into a drama. Weren’t these sorts of things supposed to happen on those shows D.O was so fond of?

Still, it was not the real reason for his feeling terrible.

No, it was because this little incident had driven home exactly what Kai went through every time he, Luhan, got near Mei.

Luhan really had forgotten he was stronger now – it wasn't something that registered with him much of the time, since he was so damn busy these days. Truth be told, his power only raised its head when he was with Mei and then, a veritable flood opened up inside him. And frankly, lifting the tiny rocks and other loose objects lying around was neither feasible nor effective.

The amount of power used up in such mundane activities was tiny compared to the reservoir inside him and apparently, he'd directed the excessive flow, along with his emotions – unconsciously – into Kai.

Poor guy.

He'd thought the rumors he'd heard about first year's star dancer's iness were result of overexcited imaginations but seeing it with his own eyes…

Yeah… he had a mate and his desires were directed only towards her. Kai, on the other hand, was nothing but a giant throbbing ball of heat with nothing to hold him back. They were lucky he hadn't done anything other than spread pheromones.  

He needed to figure out how to close their link at will.

Practicing with Sehun was out of question. Quite apart from the fact that Sehun wouldn't agree to it, Luhan didn't think he could face the cub just now.

So, he locked himself inside his room and took out his cellphone. Opened one of the numerous pictures of Mei that were crowded in his gallery and stared at it.

She's so beautiful… his heart thudded hard as her big brown eyes seemed to stare out of the screen and right into his soul.

Love and lust rose inside him in a giant wave and he felt his eyes flash red. He bit his lip and tried to focus on the powerful emotions roiling up inside him. They were hard to manage, slipping out of control every time he thought he had them tamed – and her picture wasn't helping.

Just looking at her made another uncontrollable bolt run through him and he snapped, letting go entirely.

Everything inside the room lifted in air, swirling around in an expression of the swirling emotions inside him and who knew what else he might've done if Suho hadn't burst inside his room just then.

The presence of the alpha registered in his crazed mind and he automatically let his shield down.

The splash of water on his head made him blink, the insanity receding. 'Wha…?' he tried to ask, then stared at the disaster of a living room.

'What the hell?'

'Exactly.' Suho nodded.

………………………….

Baekhyun and Chen who'd been leaning over the sofa, butts in the air, were the first victims.

They yelped and rolled to the ground in surprise when Kai's hands d them. Chen managed to slip away but Baekhyun was dragged by his leg, his nails scraping against the floor as he struggled to get away.

'Ah!!! Let goo!!!!' He screamed, his loud voice echoing to the very ends of their large abode.

Chanyeol, who'd been in the kitchen, trying to whip some snacks to eat while watching the movie, came rushing out, one hand holding instant noodles, other a jar of honey.

Both of which fell down when he spied his bestie on the floor, getting dragged away like a heroine in a horror move, Kai's crazed red eyes lending him a demonic look that only enhanced that impression. Baekhyun was yelling his head off, incoherent screams mingled with 'Please! Please!' as his legs kicked out in an attempt to get away.

Not thinking, the urge to protect his brother overpowering, Chanyeol attacked Kai. Grabbing him from the back, he swung the guy around, hoping to dislodge Baekhyun.

Only, Kai's grip on his ankle was strong and Baekhyun swung around, his arms snagging against the couch. He dug his fingers in the fabric, stopping so sharply that it felt like his leg had come out of its socket. He yelled again and Chen, who'd reoriented himself by then, grabbed his hands, pulling him in.

Kai, not willing to let go, pulled him back. Chanyeol tried to pry Kai's hands away while Baekhyun hung, midair, like the prize knot in a tug of war.

'Tao! Sehun!!!! Help!!!!'

Chen screamed at the top of his lungs, causing nearly everyone to rush out of their rooms. Suho stared in shock at the mess in the living room; Sehun grabbed Chen's waist, pulling him back. Tao wrapped his long arms around both Sehun and Chen and heaved. Baekhyun's arms were at their limit, unable to stretch any further and his boots were nearly coming off.

He kicked his foot again, loosening Kai's hold and then closed his eyes as he flew into the three who'd been pulling him. He wrapped his arms and legs around Tao, eyes closed, clinging to him for safety.

'Get off me!' Tao tried to shake him off but he was having none of it. He tightened his hold and climbed to a more secure position.

The trouble, however, had only begun.

Since Baekhyun was away from him, Kai turned his eyes to the next target – the person nearest to him – Chanyeol.

Chanyeol had been too busy prying him off Baekhyun to think about his own position and so, he didn't have time to react when Kai suddenly turned in his arms and kissed him. His eyes expanded in shock, then he struggled to free himself before Kai took any more advantage of him.

He smacked his head in the wall behind him, then turned and ran in the opposite direction, away from Kai. Kai smirked, only too happy to give chase and there was a loud scream when he appeared suddenly in front of Chanyeol.

His long arms wind milled as he tried to stop and he crashed on the floor. Kai loomed over him and he looked around in panic for anything to keep him at bay. Spying the wooden stool that had upended, he grabbed one of its legs and set it on fire, holding it up defensively.

Yelped when Kai appeared behind him and blew in his ears, his hands going to his . Dropped the stool on the numerous cartons littering the floor and immediately set everything on fire. Didn't care about it either because he was too busy trying to get rid of Kai.

Suho saw the fire catch onto the curtains, the carpet igniting as well and responded, gathering a huge ball of water put it out. The ball burst with a blast, wetting everything in its range.

Including D.O who'd opened his door, ostensibly to see what the commotion was about.

Already on a small leash due to his first fever, his short temper even shorter, he glared at the wig in his hands – the only thing that kept him calm these days, the only object that had even the faintest trace of his mate…

Which was now dripping wet, washing that scent away.

A growl tore out of his throat and he attacked. Not Suho because he was the alpha – he couldn't do that without serious consequences and even crazed as he was, he realized that.

But Kai who was still busy harassing Chanyeol got no clemency. A huge crash ensued when D.O jumped on his back, Chanyeol's body falling to ground and barely rolling out of the way before Kai's incoming knees unmanned him.

Maybe it was because he was so strung up but Kai's reactions were too quick. Before D.O could get a proper hold, Kai teleported both of them to the farthest corner of the room.

His back smashed against the wall and Kai was on him before he could reorient. His hands dug under his shirt and his lips smashed against his.

There was a momentarily lull in which Kai had his way, grinding against him, D.O too stunned to do anything. Then in it registered in his-too-low-on-his-mate's-scent-because-someone-had-washed-it-away-and-barely-functioning-because-of-it brain that the lips rubbing against his did not belong to his mate – ergo, no claiming and therefore, no useful purpose being served.

Kai probably bit his tongue off when D.O smashed his fist under his jaw, pushing him up and away. He spat and blood spattered on the floor, staining the newly refurbished floor and wiped his lips with a smirk, the pain nothing but another turn on at this point.

Sadly, D.O didn't find the situation at all. In fact, going by look on his face, he found it anything but. And Kai's brain was obviously dysfunctional because instead of running for his life, he blew him a kiss, lips puckering as he winked.

That was the last straw and whatever little sense remained in D.O's head flew as blind rage took over.

……………………………

Kris had been strolling outside, taking in the new surroundings and mentally comparing this new hideout to their previous one in terms of security, escape routes and the likes. Not that he didn't think Suho hadn't considered all of those things – it was just something for his own satisfaction.

The place was ideal, though. It was within reasonable distance from the city's main hub, putting them within easy reach for everything and yet, it was isolated enough to give the privacy they needed. Putting twelve Legends with elemental powers under the same roof and expecting things never to escalate was downright stupid.

So when he saw the rather weird scene of loose gravel floating in their driveway on his return, he only shook his head and stepped inside.

Only, his steps didn't land on the floor, pushed upwards as Luhan's power took its grip on him as well. Sighing, he used his own power and lifted himself in the air, flying inside. Luhan's telekinesis was undirected and moving unpredictably; he felt the constant push and pull of the invisible force as he entered the living room.

And blinked at the sight in front of him.

Everything – and everyone – inside the room were floating in the air, being this way and that on Luhan's whims. There was loud yell as Baekhyun was dragged towards one end of the room while Tao, who'd been acting as his anchor, flew in the other direction.

Chen was trying to swim through the air and get his arms around Sehun who was flailing helplessly in midair, trying to get his head above his . Chanyeol was turning cartwheels in mid-air beside him, apparently having fun and kept slapping his hand to give Sehun a turn, ruining his efforts. Suho was clinging firmly to the window railing, legs in the air, as he tried to travel to Luhan's door, to try and stop him.

But none of that was as surprising as the sight of Kai teleporting lightning fast in midair, with no apparent purpose than to harass pretty much anyone who came in his way. And D.O, the person who normally put up with anything the cub did, was clinging to his back like a leech and apparently trying to bash his head in.

They teleported behind Baekhyun and D.O yelped as his back smacked against the wall, the force of Baekhyun crashing into Kai pushing him back. His grip loosened temporarily and Kai shook his head, freeing himself. His arms wrapped around Baekhyun who let loose another shriek and kicked his shins to get away.

Kai let him, smirking. When he had almost escaped, Kai calmly reached out and grabbed his ankle, pulling him back in. Chanyeol, seeing him struggle like that, put his legs on the wall and pushed off, shooting through the air like superman and grabbed Baekhyun's hands.

Sehun grabbed Chanyeol's ankle, Chen grabbed his, and his foot in Tao's face. Tao made a face at the sight of his socked feet, then sniffing, delicately gripped his ankle.

'Pull!' Chanyeol screamed and heaved. Baekhyun flew towards him, Kai's arm stretching as he tried to maintain his hold. They might've actually gotten him free if D.O hadn't chosen that moment to pull Kai back.

Given his superior strength, the yank was enough to pull everyone in the chain. Tao's face bumped into Chen's . Huffing in annoyance, he pulled back, then gave Chen's leg a mighty yank. Chanyeol's fingers loosened on Baekhyun's as he was suddenly pulled back and Kai's grip on his ankle broke.

Just as Suho managed to open the door to Luhan's room, splashing him in water. The force holding all of them up suddenly vanished.  

Tao stopped all of them in time to prevent them from crashing into the ground. Only, he fell himself, his back grazing against the wall and his head banged on the floor, dazing him. Everything unfroze.

It was a good thing he could fly faster than sound, Kris thought as he shot like a bullet, getting closer to the ground with every Legend he caught until finally, he was buried under their bodies and they crashed to the floor.

Breath knocked out of his body as someone's smashed his head, someone else landing on his chest. He groaned as they scrambled off him in a hurry as flames, ones that Suho had somehow missed, lapped at them.

Someone's foot snagged into the buttons of his shirt, tearing them off and he winced at the burning sensation when their shoe rubbed across his chest, grazing the skin off. Then roared in pain as someone accidentally smashed his privates.

'!!' He yelled.

'Leader!!!'

'Krease!!!'

Tao and Chanyeol lifted everyone bodily off him, throwing them away. Then stared at his sooty, disheveled, half state and burst out laughing.

Even with everyone else getting harassed and d by Kai, he was the only one who ended up losing his clothes.

……………………….