Chapter 49

You Who Came From The Stars

Lay let go of his hands around Kris's neck as they landed and looked around.

'Hi.' He bowed politely to the girl who was sitting on the ground – Mei. The sudden tearing sound had him wincing and turning around. He stared despondently as a tree was lifted in the air and rocketed away – Luhan was being too reckless, throwing things around like that. Not to mention the damage he was doing to the trees.

'Why haven’t you stopped them yet?' Kris demanded, eyeing the battle taking place in the park.

'I tried!' Tao, ever seeking his favor, piped up. 'But they're both stronger than me!' He looked down dejectedly and Chen ran a hand over his back comfortingly.  

'Wait, shouldn't the question be why were you flying?' Mei asked, looking around for support. That's when Lay saw the other girl, who was hiding under Sehun's arm, terrified. She nodded vehemently. 'Cause their fight makes sense – your flight doesn't. Even in a dream.'

'You're kidding, aren't you, boss-man?' Baekhyun muttered. 'Are you looking at that? Luhan'll tear us up.'

'He knows better than to go all out…' Kris muttered, glancing at the girls. 'And why are they still here?'

'Hey, stop talking about me like I'm not here!' Mei stood up, glaring at Kris. Which made Lay respect her more because hey, Kris was scary to those who met him for the first time. 'Who the hell are you anyway? And what are you doing in my dream?'

Kris looked around for an explanation. No one talked to him like that anymore. Chen replied, not taking his eyes off the battle. 'She's decided this is a dream.'

Kris looked down at her and sighed. Then looked around. 'Where's Suho?'

'I don't know…' Chanyeol muttered, looking at the sky where clouds were rapidly gathering. 'But he sure as hell is having a good time.'

There was an immense flash of lightning, the crack loud and the ground shook. The girls screamed, Mei covering her ears and nearly falling down – Lay caught her before she hit the ground – and the other girl hid her head in Sehun's chest. He wrapped his arm more securely around her, then winked at Chen. Chen winked back, giving him a thumbs-up. Baekhyun was clinging to Chanyeol and Tao to D.O as another crack shook the ground.

'Stop that!' Tao whined.

'Yeah, stop that!' Baekhyun agreed, whining right along.

'Let the kid have some fun…' Chen muttered. D.O. was trying to get Tao off him now that the ground was stable.

'Stop that.' Kris told him. Chen stopped.

'Call Suho!' Kris told him. 'I know he's busy and all but we're going to need someone to patch them up – and Lay already has his work cut out.'

That was certainly true. Not only were Luhan and Kai going to need major healing, but with all the other life forms being damaged right now… yeah, he had his work cut out. He gently patted Mei's shoulder, sitting her down as the thunder died out and surreptitiously checked her for injuries. Other than the few scratches on her elbows, she was fine. He healed them and moved to the hole where the tree had been.

'I'm sorry.' He told the roots that'd managed to stay embedded. 'I'll fix you right up, so you don't have to worry.' He glanced at Luhan and Kai in the field. Nope, healing and fixing the trees wouldn't be a problem at all. Healing them would be.

………………...

Xiumin felt the first burst of power race through him – it was like a bomb detonation, shockwaves travelling through all the Legends via their connection. Whoever it was, he was pissed big time if the sheer power used was any indication. The second blast that followed narrowed down the possibilities to exactly two people – Kai and Luhan were fighting.

Not just fighting, Xiumin thought as he felt another force go through him. They were having the mother of all fights and it wasn't hard to figure out it was about Mei. He eyed the exit thoughtfully.

Using this amount of power – things had to be bad for Luhan or Kai to let loose like that. They would need help, of course. All of them knew the protocol in such scenarios – after all, Legends were people too and fights amongst the group were normal.

Considering their abilities, it would've been more surprising if they didn't use their powers. But the chances for collateral damage were too high and they all tried to minimize that – stepping in the fight to stop their friends, separating them forcefully if they had to. The anger would wear off soon enough and they returned to normal.

This situation, however, was different. They hadn't ever fought over a mate before – so… there was no telling how they would act in this situation. If one of them had claimed Mei… who knew how far they'd go?

He looked at Lily. She read the request in his eyes. 'Go on.' She nodded at the exit. 'I'll watch the shop.'

Thanking her, he ran towards the exit and took out the bicycle – one he kept for leisurely rides beside the riverside – from the small boxlike storage room off to the side of his shop

Breaking off the chain lock – because who had time for keys when there was a battle going on? – he started pedaling like mad.

……………………

A/N

The chance to explore their powers is awesome - if it seems too unreal.... well, its a story, it's meant to be :D 
Enjoy