Chapter 14

You Who Came From The Stars

Am I really doing this? Angel asked herself as she stood outside Xiumin's shop a few days later. It was some time after the school had let off and she'd found herself considering visiting Lay again – and if she was lucky, see Suho as well. She'd just check on Lay, see how he was doing and then leave. She wouldn't stay long. Yup.

Only, she was losing her nerve – she'd been standing in front of the entrance for how long now? And she still couldn't convince herself to move, completely rooted to the spot.

Just then, the door opened and she swallowed, her thoughts suddenly jumbled.

It was Suho.

Looking at her.

'Angel? Hey!' Xiumin was right beside him but she hadn't even seen him. 'Here for the free scoop?' He asked.

'Huh?' she replied intelligently, unable to think or move her eyes. Suho caught her eyes, smiled at her and just like that, whatever magic held her bound was broken. She hurriedly looked away.

Oh my god, I was staring at him! She felt heat rising up her neck and cheeks.

'Why don't you come in?' Xiumin smiled at her.

'Uh…' she forced her heart to stop racing. 'Um… I…to…..Lay…n.'

She couldn't hear her own words but Xiumin smiled, understanding. 'You want to visit Lay again?'

She nodded, not meeting his eyes.

……………………

Suho was staring, he knew, but he couldn't really take his eyes off her. She was looking so pretty – she always did but right now, she seemed to glow with beauty. Her lips looking especially appealing…

She's wearing makeup? He blinked and looked again. Lip gloss.

His mouth felt suddenly dry and he his lips, swallowing hard. Xiumin was talking to her but he didn't feel any jealousy. Because she was staring right back at him, not sparing him a glance. Feeling unreasonably happy, he smiled at her.

That brought out her signature blush creeping right into her cheeks and she hurriedly looked away, finally turning to Xiumin. He asked her if she wanted to come in. She replied but her voice was so low, Suho couldn't hear anything. He stepped closer, not liking how close Xiumin had to bend to listen to her.

'You want to visit Lay again?' Xiumin was using the tone he used with little children who couldn’t describe which ice-cream they wanted. Angel nodded. Xiumin glanced over at Suho then bent back to Angel, looking apologetic.

'I'm sorry but I can't close the shop right now – it's really busy at this time, all the students come here.' Then, he brightened.

'Oh, hey!' he snapped his fingers like the idea had just occurred to him 'Suho is just going back… how about you go with him?'

Angel blushed even more but she nodded. Suho felt like cheering. 'Okay, then.' Xiumin smiled. 'Sure you don't want any ice-cream?'

She shook her head. 'Fine, then say hi to Lay from me.' Slapping Suho's back – and giving him a warning, older-brotherly sort of glare – he went back inside. Resisting the urge to whistle, Suho sauntered to her side.

'Let me carry that.' He took her bag and they started walking. She didn't speak, just kept looking down as they walked, tucking her wayward hair back every now and then. He gave her a sideways glance, wanting to hold hands with her.

Sighing, he looked up and saw the clouds. Struck by a sudden idea, he grinned mischievously.

……………………

Mei was thinking that maybe Luhan did like her and Sehun was right after all. Why else would he keep finding excuses to bump into her like he had now?

It had started a few days ago – he had come to her class to talk to Sehun, as he'd been doing in the past. She'd just entered the class and was placing her bag in her seat when Sehun had called her over. She had been strongly reminded of the last time Luhan had visited, giving her the death glare.

'Luhan, this is Mei – the one I'm always telling you about. Mei, this is Luhan.' Sehun had introduced them casually.

Luhan had offered a small, sweet smile. 'Hi, nice to meet you.'

She liked his smile. 'Hey. Nice to meet you too.'

Seeing as how Sehun had, not at all discreetly, backed off to give them a little space, she'd continued the conversation. 'You and Sehun must be really close, he is always talking about you.'

'Is he? Well, he's always talking about you as well, so we're even.' He replied, a smile crinkling his eyes.

'Quite the chatterbox, isn't he?' She nodded at Sehun who was obviously trying not to eavesdrop.

'You have no idea.' Luhan shook his head with a laugh.

 An awkward silence fell between them. Luhan glanced at her before hurriedly looking away. He looked so nervous, it was hard to believe this guy had been a high school hottie and was currently the most popular guy around.

Mei broke the silence with the only thing she could think of. 'I've seen you play. You're really good.'

Luhan's face dropped a little – remembering her heartless words perhapsbefore he smiled. 'I'm okay.'

'You're just being modest, aren't you? You're lots better than okay.' She tilted her to the side, smiling.

'I'm glad you think that.' Luhan nodded, dimpling his chin. She found that infinitely adorable.

The bell rang just then, so he said goodbye and went out.

Since then, she kept finding him wherever she went. If she was walking in the corridor, he'd suddenly appear beside her, say hi, ask her where she was going and walk her there. Or ask her to pass unimportant little messages to either Sehun or Kai.

And Sehun, Tao and Kai seemed to vanish just as Luhan appeared. They'd be around a second ago but gone when Luhan showed up. Just like now.

They'd been right beside her until a minute ago – Tao and Sehun bickering about something, Kai silently walking with them. Then, suddenly Sehun had remembered a book he'd forgotten in class and dragged the others away with him.

 Luhan had shown up seconds later.

Truth be told, it felt sort of suspicious to Mei but maybe she was being too optimistic. Optimistic or not, though, she didn't mind spending time with him in the least – she did like him, after all. Luhan smiled at her before looking around in surprise. 'Where's Sehun and the others?'

'Ah… they went back inside to find his book or something…' Mei nodded towards the entrance.

'Aren't you going to wait for them?' Luhan asked, falling in step with her.

'He said I should go – it might take a while.' She replied, casting him a sideways glance. He looked perfectly innocent. Maybe I am thinking too much.

'Oh.' He looked down at his hands. 'Well, let's go.' He smiled.

'Oh you don’t have to…' she began.

'I don't mind. Besides, I was looking for someone to share this with…' he held up two packets of juice – which just happened to be her favorite flavor. 'Here.' He handed one to her.

'Thanks.' They walked in silence for some time, sipping.  

……………………

A/N

Aaaaand the romance starts ;3 

sort of...

just read!