Chapter 80

You Who Came From The Stars

Tiffany knew she was being stubborn, seeing as she couldn't walk properly but nothing Mei said would change her mind.

'I'm not going to let the jerk get off that easily.' She told Mei. 'I'm going to make sure he gets down on his knees and begs for mercy before you even look at him.'

'I'll do that myself.' Mei assured her; Tiffany snorted in response. 'You'll melt into a pile of goo the moment he says he's sorry!'

'I will not!' Mei replied indignantly.

'Sure you will. All he has to do is flash his smile at you and you'll forget everything and be all like 'it's no big deal!'

'Ya!' Mei snapped her fingers. 'This is me we're talking about, okay. I'm not going to fall for his smile.'

'I'm coming along, anyway. Just in case.'

She'd managed to get a crutch out of the hostel's infirmary and now, she was hopping along comfortably beside Mei. Talking about random, everyday stuff – all the while on alert for a sign or sight of Luhan.

She spied him heading their way, looking scared but determined and warned Mei. 'He's coming over…'

Mei gave her a smile. 'I know.'

'So…' Tiffany leaned closer, as if to check out the hand sewn bag Mei was leaning over.

'So?' Mei lifted a brow. Tiffany glanced up and whispered. 'He's here.'

'Mei…' Luhan spoke right behind her.

'Oh, look at that!' Mei suddenly rushed ahead, towards another stall, completely ignoring him.

Tiffany resisted the sympathetic smile she'd all but cast Luhan's way – the jerk deserved at least this much for putting Mei through all of that. She hopped behind her. 'How long are you going to keep that up?' She asked, out of curiosity.

'It's a big field.' Mei smiled, looking rather vengeful. 'And there are plenty of stalls.'

'I like how you think, sister!' They highfived, then got busy studiously avoiding Luhan; if he came over, Mei moved in the opposite direction. If they faced each other, she acted like he was a ghost she couldn't see and didn't react at all. The actions were obviously taking their toll on him because he was beginning to look sadder and sadder.

An hour or so later, Tiffany was beginning to feel a bit sorry for the guy. He was obviously determined to get her attention, though, because he kept coming after her. When they got on the mini roller coaster of Tiffany's suggestion – because according to Sehun, he was afraid of heights – Luhan waited right in front of the line, ready to corner her the moment she stepped off.

It was impressive.

Almost as impressive as Mei's unyielding determination – she'd seen her eyes soften every now and then at Luhan's puppy dog eyes and sad face but she would firmly turn away.

Tiffany was about to suggest that they'd dragged this long enough. Heck, Mei had already decided to give the guy another chance, she was just being mean, playing around like this.

And this, Tiffany thought sardonically, is why you always end up with the wrong guys. She was too soft, easily swayed by pretty faces and all her exes had taken full advantage of that.

She obviously needed to take lessons from Mei and be a when the situation called for it. Mei was being so cold, Tiffany could feel chilly waves coming off from her and her gaze had all the intensity of a hawk ready to attack. You knew, just looking at her, that this wasn't someone you messed with – one wrong move and she'd tear you to shreds.

'How're you doing it?' She asked Mei in awe as they waited for the line in front of them to disperse.

'Just think murderous thoughts.' Mei told her, smiling sweetly. 'Keep your back straight, stare straight ahead and think 'Murder!'. It's a neat trick, isn't it?'

'Yeah!' Tiffany agreed enthusiastically, then moved ahead. 'What'd you like? I'm buying.'

'Two Rocky road chocolate scoops with a dash of chocolate chips and nuts.' She turned at the male voice. Sehun smiled back. 'Thanks for the treat!'

'Ya, where's Mei?'

'Hmm, how would I know?' He looked too innocent and she didn't trust him one bit. She tried to lean around his tall frame but he moved, blocking her vision.

'Get out of my way!' She smacked him but he didn't budge, leaning forward instead and pushing her into the stall. She straightened hurriedly, accidentally placing her crutch on his foot.

'Ouch!' he glared at her, then lifted his foot, ostensibly to crush hers. Then took in the crutch and put it back down, obviously disappointed. Seriously, the guy was worse than Luhan. And in the light of recent events, that was saying something.

Ignoring her completely, he leaned over her head and accepted the double scoop ice cream from the girl behind the stall, giving her a flirtatous wink and making her blush. Annoyed, because he moved away, smacking his lips as he the chocolate scoop and left her to make the payment, she settled the bill, then went after him and snatched the cup out of his unsuspecting fingers.

'Give it back!' he demanded.

'Buy your own!' She retorted and took a hefty bite out of the scoop, giving herself brainfreeze. numbed and her head felt suddenly too cold but the look on his face made up for it.

Not one to be left behind, though, he yanked the spoon out of , nearly making her spit, holding it up and away as he stared down at her. Since she wasn't wearing her heels today – instead going around in easily worn flip flops, the effect was more demeaning that ever. He literally loomed over her, like a lanky bamboo stick.

'Give it back!' She demanded.

'Get your own!' he retorted, repeating her words.

'Fine.' She snapped, turning away. 'I will!'

Then yelped as he attacked her hands, trying to get the cup out of her fingers. She may have lost her heels but she still had her claws.

And Luhan and Mei were getting back together, so she didn't have to put up with his crap anymore.

She scratched him painfully. 'Let go!'

'You let go!' He snarled back, not even wincing.

'It's mine!'

'You brought it for me!' he declared.

'I was talking to Mei!' she argued.

'She's not here!' Sehun replied, then yelped in surprise as she suddenly let go, straightening. He landed on his . 'What the hell?'

'Where is she?' Tiffany muttered, looking around. There was no sign or sight of her.

Ignoring Sehun's indignant sputter, she moved away.

…………………………

Kai had been surreptitiously observing Luhan chase Mei around and get steadily ditched for his efforts. And after an hour into the game, he was beginning to seriously feel for his Shadow. The poor guy was already nervous enough – sure that he'd been so mean, Mei would never give him a second chance – and Mei was doing a bang up job of convincing him.

And here I thought it'd be fun watching him suffer. Damn!

She wasn't letting him even enter her personal zone. That was harsh.

Of course, she didn't know the reasons behind Luhan's actions or she might've been more understanding…

Or not¸ he thought, spying the vengeful smile on her face. Oh but she was pissed big time for being dissed like that and in no mood to give in easily.

It might've been easier if they could tell her about the whole mating business but she probably wouldn't believe it. As it was, Kai wasn't sure he could sit in the sidelines and watch the torture. Luhan hadn't given the signal yet, but maybe it was time for a little interference.

So he called Sehun over. After all, isolation was the first step to implementing plan B.

'Are you sure?' Sehun asked.

Kai nodded. 'Just look at him.'

They turned in unison to observe Luhan trying and failing to talk to her once again. Kai winced in sympathy. Sehun grimaced as well, nodding. 'Fine, I'll handle the wasp, you take Mei.'

'Okay.'

…………………………….

Luhan was feeling more and more like .

He'd been so cruel.

She'd only ignored him for an hour or so and it was already beginning to feel like the most painful experience of his life. She had to take nearly a week of this. And she'd still persisted.

Then he'd gone and broken up with her.

He closed his eyes at his own stupidity. She had every right to be pissed off – he totally deserved it. He would totally deserve it if she made him chase around her for a week as well.

So while he beginning to despair, he didn't give the signal to his brothers. They were watching, he knew, but he had no intention of implementing any plan. He would chase after her, like she had, until she was ready to forgive him.

Which was why he was first shocked and then pissed when he saw Sehun and Kai heading towards the ice cream stall Mei and Tiffany were waiting at. He waved his arms, trying to send them a 'back off' signal. When Kai caught his eye, though, he nodded and waved back. 'I got this!' He mouthed, giving him a thumbs up.

Luhan started moving towards them. Mei saw him coming and hurriedly moved over to the next stall while Sehun slipped into her place; Kai followed after her. Luhan shook his head, wondering how he could stop them from interfering.

He took out his cell phone and dialed Kai's number. 'Ya, what are you doing?' He asked furiously.

'Helping your out!' Kai replied.

'Stay out of it! I thought we agreed I would give the signal when…'

'Don't worry, we're only isolating her.' Kai assured him. 'So you guys can talk without her running away.'

'How…?' Luhan looked around, trying to keep an eye on Mei's fast retreating back.

'Let me talk to her, I'll figure something out!' Kai hung up. Luhan shook his head again, then started walking behind them.

……………………..

'Hey!'

Mei turned around at the familiar voice and grinned. 'Hey yourself. How's it going?'

'Meh!' Kai made a face, then sidled next to her. 'This funfair's boring. What about you?'

'I'm having a lot of fun.' She smiled, peeked over his shoulder and her smile softened. Then she shook her head and looked back at Kai.

'He's going to keep following you, you know.' Kai told her. She nodded. 'I know. It's fun.'

'You're too bloodthirsty.' He told her, amused. Then turned serious. 'Shouldn't you just talk to him now?'

Mei shook her head. 'Four days.' She told Kai. 'Four freaking days of no replies and unanswered phone calls and completely ignoring me…'

She kept reminding herself of that because hell, she was already weakening, just like Tiffany had predicted, getting ready to forgive.

'Just look at him!' Kai pleaded, gesturing towards Luhan, who was standing some distance away. Mei tried and failed to resist the urge, peeking up at him. Then immediately regretted it.

His big, sparkling eyes were drooping sadly and he was biting his lip, staring at her longingly. She tried to turn away but felt her eyes getting dragged back. Kai had played a dirty trick, making her look at him.

'Ugh!' She finally groaned. 'Fine! I'll talk to him.'

'Wow that was easier than I thought! You're such a pushover…' Kai exclaimed, then yelped at her sudden punch. 'What?'

'You dare to tell anyone about this and…' she ran a finger across her neck threateningly. She had to keep her dignity, after all. 'You feel me?'

He gulped and nodded. She narrowed her eyes, then threatened him with another 'I got my eyes on you' gesture before moving away. 'Where are you going now?' Kai ran after her.

'I'm not getting my apology at a funfair.' Mei retorted, heading towards the exit. 'How unromantic!'

'Oh.' Kai blinked. 'Cool. Shall I come along?'

She raised a brow. 'I'm trying to avoid an audience.'

'Right.' Kai nodded. 'I'll take myself away.'

'Thanks.' She smiled and waved him away, then started walking down the road that would lead her back to her dorm. The soccer field was quite near the girls' hostel and there was this nicely shaded little garden nearby, a perfectly romantic rendezvous spot.

She didn't look behind her to see if Luhan was following, sure he would be, and that was why she missed the group that started following her soon as she stepped out on the road. It was empty right now and she was busy texting Tiffany, telling her where she was going so her friend wouldn't worry.

She only glanced up when the shadows fell on her and she found herself completely surrounded by a bunch of guys. The one in front gave her a playful smile.

'Hey pretty lady!'

………………………….

A/N

HAPPY NEW YEAR dear readers!

I know its a bit late but please accept this chapter as a gift - the story is heading (kinda) towards its , after which it will wrap up... not much left as far as the couples go. I think I mentioned this before but this story got a bit out of hand - it was supposed to be a short fluffy fic and it turned into this gigantic monster... I have tendency to expand things unfortunately, its in my genes. As I was saying (see, I did it again :/) not much left, except a few plot lines that I delibrately left unexplained as its part of the second story arc, so please bear them :3 

I'll try to update quickly so we can head to the end because good stuff is coming up and I get excited about sharing it - I don't know if you guys feel the same while reading what I wrote but I'm happy to share it. Please anticipate. 

And maybe make a new year resolution to comment? I appreciate all the silent readers but I'd love to hear from you, every now and then. Okay then, I'd leave you guys now. 

Oh and Happy #1000DaysWithEXO :3 

Bye