Chapter 32

You Who Came From The Stars

Angel wasn't sure how she got to be so lucky but she wasn't going to question it. She simply closed her eyes and gave in to the pleasure bombarding her as Suho's lips finally closed over hers, kissing her.

Sighing, she let herself be swept away – becoming hyperaware of her body and his and how they were standing so close – and how that small distance felt too much. She wanted to touch him – to make sure that this wasn’t a dream but reality.

As if sensing her thoughts, he grabbed her limp hand from her side and lifted it to his shoulders. He put his hand back on her waist and inched a little bit closer. She curled her fingers around his neck, rising on tiptoes so she could trace them over him. He bent his head more and wrapped his arm around her more securely, pulling her even closer – so close that they were nearly fused together.

Her mind was going blank with the need for air but she didn't want him to stop – didn't want to breathe because this was heaven and she had no desire to leave it. She lifted her other hand and touched his hair, traced his cheeks, his jaw and down to his neck. Against her will, it slid further down and rested over his heart – it was thudding like it wanted to jump out of his chest. He put his hand over hers, squeezing and deepened the kiss even more. She was pushed back against the car but she didn't mind.

Soon – too soon for her – he left her lips and straightened, pulling her against him in a tight hug. Her head rested on his chest, his heart beating double, no triple time in her ears and her mind too fazed by the pleasure to properly process anything. Still, the wet drops that landed on her hands – which were wrapped around his waist somehow – made her wonder.

'It's raining?' She mumbled, not too bothered. Rain was beautiful, everything was beautiful when she was in his arms. His chest rumbled as he laughed joyously. His hold on her tightened even more before he loosened it and looked into her eyes. 'I love you!'

She was still in shock over the words when he swooped down for another kiss, lifting her off her feet as he straightened, his arms secure around her. The hard shower that drenched her made her realize it wasn't just rain, it was a torrent.

But that was okay because torrents were beautiful too. Everything was beautiful in this moment.

……………………

Suho didn't know how he waited an entire week but he did. Somehow, he forced himself not to react when she didn't rush to his side or hold his hand or do any of the things that he'd come to count on – they were her things, her beautiful gifts to him.

Every time she held on to his hand, not letting go, he realized she liked him, maybe even loved him as much as he loved her. Each time she rushed to his side, he knew that she wanted to be with him. But now, she wasn't doing any of that and dammit all, he missed it.

He waited because her exams were important but that was the only time he was going to give her. After that, she'd have to face him and explain what the hell was going on. If he had done something, he wanted to know and if something else was bothering her, he still wanted to know. And if she didn’t like him anymore… no, I don't want to know that.

So, on the last day of her tests, he waited outside the gate as usual. When she came out, her eyes landed on him at once and she stopped in her tracks, looking anxious. He didn’t like that. She'd been doing the same thing for the past week and he liked that even less.

When she finally made her way to his side – looking like a gazelle on the verge of running away – he took hold of her hand, and ignoring her subtle attempts to free herself took her to the car.

'I'll drive you home.' He told her, opening the door.

If she'd looked tense before, she looked positively terrified now. He gritted his teeth because he didn't know what he'd done to deserve that. He thought she'd finally gotten over her fear of him – why she feared him in the first place, he didn't know but she'd hidden herself behind the closest thing or person and if that wasn't fear, he didn't know what else was. He thought she'd overcome that but now she was acting like this and he'd had enough.

She didn't say a word, not even a nod or shake, just hugged her bag tighter and looked down, getting in. Her glasses slipped down her nose and he waited for her do that cute thing – use her finger or thumb to push it back in place – but she didn't. She kept her head down, fingers twisting around the strings of her bag, nervously biting her lip.

Midway to her home, he the indicator and parked the car on the roadside. The road was empty, no traffic in sight. He didn't care even if there was though – he would go crazy if she kept that up any longer. Switching it off, he turned towards her.

'Angel?' She didn't reply, her fingers moving even faster now.

'Look at me, please?' She didn’t. Of course.

 'Have I done something wrong?' he asked her, forcing a calm he didn’t feel. She blinked as if surprised. Glad to have some reaction, he pushed on, leaning closer. 'Because if I have, I would like it if you told me instead of doing that.'

She shook her head, mumbling something. He leaned even closer. 'I'm sorry, what?'

'Ihavetogetout…' She hurriedly straightened and opened the door. Thankfully, she was wearing the seatbelt which stalled her long enough for him to get out and go over to her side before she could run away.

She bumped into him when she stepped out, obviously unaware that he'd already moved. He shut the door behind her and put his arms on either side of her, trapping her in. She tried to duck from underneath but he bent his arms, blocking her.

With nowhere to run to, she straightened. She fixed her gaze on his collar, clasping her hands nervously. He bent his head close, willing her to look up. 'I'm sorry if this makes me a jerk but we're not going anywhere until we settle this.'

No reply.

'Look at me, please.' He fairly pleaded, unable to take it any longer. He wanted to see her eyes, her beautiful wide eyes that stared at him so adoringly. 'Please.'

She didn't move for a long time until finally, sighing, he straightened. Pushing a hand through his hair, frustrated, he backed off.

'Forget it.' He muttered. 'I'm sorry for whatever it is I did.' He wanted to hit something – anything – to relieve the sudden ache in his heart. 'It wasn’t intentional.'

He was moving away when he felt a butterfly touch on his fingers. Surprised, he looked at her. She was blushing furiously but intertwined her fingers with his more securely. 'I...it's not y…you…it’s m…me…'

Her stuttered sentence trailed off and she ducked her head even more. Suho felt his heart melting – how long had it been since he'd heard her voice?

'Look at me…' he stepped closer, gently tilting her chin. She did, then and damn if it didn't feel like he was struck by lightning. His imagination could never do justice to her face or her eyes. A beautiful blush was staining her cheeks even now.

She went to duck her head again but he forced it back up. She gulped but met his eyes. 'What did you mean?' He asked her, his eyes drinking in her features. She blushed harder and closed her eyes.

A barely there whisper emitted from her lips. '…bad… ought…'

'Hmm?' He caressed his thumb across her jaw. 'Didn't catch that.' She squeezed her eyes shut even tighter. 'Ihavebadthoughtsaboutyou.'

He was too mesmerized by her to pay attention, really. But then, his brain clicked into gear. 'Bad…thoughts?'

He thought back to the day this fiasco had started and understood, a mischievous grin spreading across his face. Could it be true? With anyone else, he'd find it unbelievable; heck he still found it unbelievable. Because really, how much more adorable could she get?

Still, he asked 'What sort?'

This time when she ducked her head, looking like her face was on fire, he let her. But he bent over to whisper, deliberately fanning his breath over her ear.

'Thoughts like…perhaps…kissing me?'

She swallowed audibly, looking away but nodded furiously. He hadn't thought it was physically possible for her to get any redder but she did. She could get infinitely more adorable, and this here was proof.

Smiling, he continued. 'Would you like me to do that?'

She glanced up at him quickly – or rather at his lips, her gaze yearning – before looking down, shyly nodding.

Oh, she was too good for his ego – if she kept up this sort of stuff, he'd turn into the cockiest man alive. Well, who was he to deny his lady?

He kissed her.

And felt like he'd been hit. Literally. His heart thudded so hard, it was a surprise it wasn't jumping out and he might've stumbled if he hadn't placed his elbows on the car.

He felt her desire to touch him – actually felt it – and on its own, his hand moved, picking up her hand and placing it over his shoulder. Let her do what she wanted. His hand went to her waist.  

She rose on tiptoes, curling her fingers around his neck and he pulled her closer. Her other hand came up to trace his features and then, it slid down to rest over his racing heart. He placed his own over it, squeezing her hand, not sure what was happening but knowing it was something big.

How long he remained like that, holding her and kissing her, he had no idea. Only the need to breathe made him part but he couldn't bear to let her go. So he hugged her, breathing hard and willing himself to calm down.

'It's raining?' She sounded as dazed as he felt. Droplets fell on his face, slow at first, then speeding up.

And then, he realized. This was it, the claiming! He'd done it and the sudden surge in his powers had caused it to rain. The reserve of power inside him, the elemental force, felt like it was ready to burst – like it had been on Exo-planet. Another root of the Tree was now embedded firmly on Earth.

He threw his head back, letting out an elated laugh, hugging her tighter before looking at her.

 'I love you!' He told her, meaning it from the depths of his heart. And because she looked so beautiful, her hair getting wet with each drop and a shocked 'o', he kissed her again, lifting her off her feet. Another surge went through him and the rain turned into a downpour.

He didn’t care. He had his mate in his arms and his powers at the maximum and everything, in that moment, was perfect.

……………………….

A/N

Was that sweet or what? >u< I just love these two :3 Anyway, more romantic/fluffy scenes to come. Enjoy