Chapter 26

You Who Came From The Stars

'Lily?'

Lily glanced up to find Mei, Tiffany's roommate, smiling. 'I knew it was you!' She exclaimed happily, leaning over for a hug. 'What're you doing here?'

'I work here!' Lily replied, smiling and hugging back.

'Aw, so this was where you work... awesome!' Mei nodded. Lily smiled at the guy behind. 'Hey Luhan.'

'Sup.' Luhan nodded. 'You're early.'

'Full days on weekends.' Lily replied.

'Xiumin works you too much.' Luhan told her, then turned to Xiumin who'd just arrived. 'Ya, at least let her off on weekends. You're such slave-driver.'

'She's the one who asked for it!' Xiumin protested, then turned to Lily. 'Three regulars.'

'Done.' Lily replied, getting busy.

'Why don't you wait here?' She heard Luhan talking to Mei. 'I'll just be a moment. Order whatever you want.'

Lily placed the tray on the counter, then turned to Mei. 'So, decided what you want yet?'

'Um… what d'you suggest?'

'For a date? I'd say you take the couple special.' Lily pointed at the menu.

Mei huffed. 'What date?' she grumbled. 'He was all ready to bring Sehun along…'

'Aren't you two going out?' Lily asked; from her perspective, they certainly looked like they were on a date.

'Aish, please don't rub it in, okay? I'm already upset…' Mei slid her head on the counter.

'Why?' Lily grinned at her condition.

'He still hasn't asked me out.' Mie looked up at her pathetically. 'So… this is not a date even if we are out, alone, on a weekend.' She banged her head. 'Why???' she whined at Lily.

'Why don't you ask him out?' Lily busied herself with cleaning up the mess.

'Are you crazy? That'd give him a huge advantage over me!' Mei looked at her as if she was stupid.

'Don't you trust him?' Lily queried.

'I do but you never make the first move – it makes you seem too eager.' Mei nodded sagely. 'You don’t want to seem eager, trust me.'

Lily shook her head; dating rules were a mystery to her. If you liked the guy, why hide it? If he was nice, he'd never break your trust. If he did, he wasn't worth it and you learned your lesson. Simple. She said as much to Mei.

'Smart people learn from observation – use other's experiences to not repeat same mistakes.'

'Mistakes make people stronger.' Lily countered.  

'What mistakes?' Luhan had come back. He sat in seat next to Mei. 'What're you guys talking about?'

'Girl stuff.' Lily replied when Mei didn't. 'What'd you like?'

'Mei?'

'Whatever's good.'

'Okay, two usual, then?' Luhan smiled at Lily. Ever since he'd moved in with Xiumin, he came down at random times to snack and grab a drink, so Lily was well acquainted with his preferences.

'You sure? You might want to try something different…' she nodded at Mei who was browsing through the menu; personally speaking, she didn't think taro was the flavor to go with, not even on a fake-date. How unromantic. Luhan got her hint.

'Oh…' He nodded. 'How about chocolate then? You like chocolate, Mei?'

'I love chocolate.' Mei sat up straighter eagerly. 'Where is it?'

Laughing, Luhan looked Lily. 'Two chocolates then.'

Smiling, Lily busied herself in making their chocolate bubble-tea. She served it to them, adding special heart-shaped decoration – she dealt with couples all the time and what was a little heart if it helped them? – then got out from behind the counter. More and more people were coming in now and Xiumin was going to need a hand with the servings.

They were very busy when Xiumin's cell phone rang. He talked in hushed tones, hung up and turned to her. Lily knew what he was going to ask before he even opened his mouth.

'I'll handle it.' She stalled him. 'You can go.'

'What would I do without you?' Xiumin shook his head, smiling, before running upstairs. 'I owe you another one!' He called.

'Don't worry, I'm keeping count!' Lily replied. Mei tapped her shoulder. 'Yeah?'

'Any idea why Luhan's suddenly abandoning me?'

'None whatsoever.' Lily shrugged. 'Family stuff, I guess – that's usually why Xiumin rushes off.'

'Huh.' Mei nodded slowly. 'Okay… need any help?'

'No but thanks any way. Enjoy your drink.'

'It's finished.' Mei smiled. 'I think I'll go back now…'

'I'm sorry, really sorry!' Luhan yelled, rushing back down and out of the shop, Xiumin in tow. 'I'll make it up to you!'

'You'd better.' Mei pursed her lips as she heard them dash away. 'How much does this cost?' She held up her cup.

'Luhan's bought it already.' Lily replied. He hadn't but she knew he'd meant to. Besides, if he didn't pay, she'd just add it to Xiumin's account.

'He did?' Mei looked happy. 'Oh… that's sweet.'

'Isn't it? He's a sweet guy.' Lily nodded.

'Yeah… well, I guess I'll go back now and study on my own.' She heaved a sigh then waved at Lily.

'Say hi to Tiffany from me.' Lily called after her. 'Tell her we have two tests the coming week!'

''Kay, will do! Bye!'

'Bye!'

…………………………

A/N

Yeah, this is a shorter update but never mind, you'll get longer chapters later :)

So, I'm thinking of posting the Bonus Story separately? Cool? That'd give me more freedom to write just single scenes without having to try and find them into the framework of the story... sort of like a spin off. What'd you guys think? Do tell...

Any idea where LuMin are running off to and why???