Chapter7

From Me To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Chapter consists of swearing.

 

"I would like one spicy meat mandu" ordered the customer.

"Coming right up" Isabelle smiled at him.

The heat set by the sun down to the earth was unbearable heat. It was packed that day in the mandu shop. Spicy meat mandu and Lemon ice tea was the day's specialty.

Being the oldest yet favoured mandu shop in the district, it attracted people. Isabelle's shop had this cozy ancient Korea interior. Floors furnished, shoe racks, each table carpeted and pansori as music. It reminded everyone about Korea's traditions and history.

"Here it is" Isabelle kneeled down and placed the food on the table.

He smiled at her. It wasn't those 'Thank you' smiles. His smile meant something more, something deeper. Their eyes & smiles kept meeting each other through the day even when he was done eating. He just sat on the floor peacefully reading a book. 

Isabelle felt excited. Its been awhile since she got to feel like that from a man, but then she was still curious on how his interest sprung or maybe he was just being a good customer; she thought all day. Then he left.

That's where everything started. Day by day he visited the mandu restaurant ordering different things from her menu but not once did they talk to each other mutually about themselves, it was always just food orders.

Until one day he gave her an envelope. It was a plain white envelope, he gave it to her with his food bill before he left. She unsealed the envelope and read 

"Dearst,

         I know you might think I'm being cheesy for the fact that I'm writing you a letter.

I've never believed  about love at first sight until I saw you working hard in your Mandu Resto. 

Reason I've been coming often in to taste your hard work. In short words to let you know that you're hardwork is worth it.

Funny is I don't even know your name. Wanna go for ddeokbokki sometime?

-H.SANG"

Ever since that letter they got to know more and more about each other. Went out on dates, cooked together, sang, smiled. Isabelle felt special. But didn't realise how she slowly let go of Taemin.

She started caring less and ended up making Taemin do things on his own. He never said a word about it, didn''t complain and just did what he had to do.

One day someone banged on their door. Taemin went to answer it. Loan Sharks.

Taemin's father supplied them with needs only once in awhile and thou the mandu shop is running well they still had debts due to their living expenses.

A tall fat guy took Taemin by his neck and screamed for Isabelle

"ISA-BELLE-SSHI EOUDIYAAA?!" he sang.

Taemin's mother ran to the door to witness them.

"NO NO! Please not Taemin PLEASE!" she sob yelled.

"Th-there's one more day before p-pay-payment" she continued.

"Its changed now" said the fat guy. He slammed Taemin into a nearby sofa, you could hear the wood crack from the force.

Taemin stood still and let the tears slowly fall without making noise. It was always like that. He was always harmed for his mother since he was her weakness.

"Get the money at 12 pm and all this will be solved. 10% commission of your shop don't forget." The fat guy gestured his minions that were waiting outside the house to come in an destroy their things.

Isabelle ran to Taemin and hugged her to her chest, screaming for them to stop. They left. 

"Oumma gwenchana, we'll get through this" was all a 16 year Taemin said and started cleaning their things.

Isabelle thought hard of a way to get the money. She had only quarter of her debt. People she knew wouldnt lend her money anymore since she hasn't paid her debts to them and taking a loan from a bank is something she never wanted to do. 

"Saranghaeeeeeeeeeeeeee" sang her phone. It was Sang.

"Hey!" he started excitedly.

"Hi" 

"ah- are you okay? you seem dead" he asked.

"I just" and she brokedown. The tears fell out like beads.

"hey hey... are you alright? what's going on?" he asked worriedly. She couldn't speak, the pain in her heart was terrible. 

"L-let's meet up please" she managed to tell him.

*meet up*

"Isabelle-sshi ...gwenchanayo?" Sang placed his hand on her back then sat next to her. They were in a traditional Korean garden. That was were they always met up.

She looked up to the sky, her eyes read that she was thinking. The silence finally was broken;

"gwenchana....ani, an-gwenchana" she traced weird patterns on her thigh which was covered with jeans.

"What's the matter ? Can I be of help?" he asked.

Isabelle told him about the loan shark invasion. He felt horrible and was sad. Sang gave his credit card and told her that she could withdraw as much as she wanted for the debt to be payed off.

She denied at first and argued that she was no beggar but then went against it and decided to take it. After that they parted ways and that they'd talk to each other later.

It had been a year since they decided to go out. They trusted each other and talked as if they were lovers for years. That night she called Sang and asked him to come along for the withdrawal since it was the right thing to do since it was his money in the end.

They walked hand in hand into the bank. There was 1 security guard. The 2 other employees were having their late nightsnack break said the guard, so the two of them sat down by a chair and waited.

Suddenly a guy in black jumpsuit hooded with a mask on his face brings out a gun.

"Its a HOLD UP" he roared. Isabelle held onto Sang frightened.

"Sang-sshi" she whispered. He held her tight.

"Three of you go to the corner..NOW!" the hold upper demanded.

Isabelle,Sang and the guard walked their way towards the corner. Sang pushed Isabelle behind him.

"Hey..man its okay..cool down." he said.

"Put the gun down...we'll give you what you want" he continued.

"Shut up you ing old man!" A bullet was fired.

"Sneaky little huh..YOU THINK YOU CAN HARM ME HUH"  It was the security.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter