Miss You.

An Old Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beep- beep. Beep-beep. Beep-beep.

The next morning Chunji woke with the same smile plastered over his face; the same smile that didn’t leave his face while he performed his every-day routine. His features fell into a confused frown when he poked his head around Niel’s bedroom door and found that his bed was empty, still in it’s state of disarray.

“Niel?” Chunji yelled throughout the silent house. He heard a very muffled groan from the bottom of the stairs.

Hopping down the stairs Chunji gradually got the view of Niel and C.A.P splayed out, limbs intertwined messily on one of the sofas. He smiled at the picture before yelling again.

“Niel!”

This shocked Niel from his sleep causing his eyes to widen and his intertwined limbs to jolt by reflex. When he saw Chunji laughing to himself in the doorway he scowled and ran a hand over his face. “You’re a , hyung.”

“Yeah, yeah, just hurry up or we’re going to be late.” Chunji smiled and sauntered into the kitchen.

Switching on the coffee maker Chunji ran over the happenings of yesterday, the beach, the ice cream, the kiss. Before he knew it his fingers were brought up to his lips in memory and Niel had torn himself from the warmth of the living room to stand next to him.

“You seemed like you had a nice night.” Chunji commented as he pulled his hand away from his mouth to pour the coffee into mugs.

“Mm…” Niel hummed in response before gratefully taking a mug from his roommate. “How about you and Byunghun?” the question was almost muffled by the mug being bought to his lips.

“Yeah…” Chunji chuckled self-consciously, “Yeah, it was fun.”

Niel smiled, “Fun?”

“Yes, fun.” Chunji retorted.

“I bet” Niel laughed he lifted his eyebrows suggestively at the other over his coffee.

Chunji rolled his eyes, “Nothing like that happened”

“But something did happen.” Niel commented.

Chunji stated quiet and let a light blush present itself on his cheeks. He quickly turned away to check his timetable held onto the fridge to cover his face.

“Something happened!” Niel exclaimed with a smile. He places his hot coffee on the counter to stop himself sloshing it onto the floor. “You can’t just imply that and then keep quiet about it!”

Chunji laughed. “It honestly wasn’t much.” He was still avoiding Niel seeing his cheeks.

“I don’t care! You have to tell me, best-friend-code.” Niel stated.

Chunji sighed and gave Niel a disinterested look.

Niel’s excitable expression didn’t waver. “Did you kiss?”

Chunji sighed again, attempting to push down the heat rising to his cheeks once again.

“You kissed didn’t you?!” Niel laughed and hit Chunji’s arm excitedly.

“Ah! Niel!” Chunji rubbed his abused arm.

Niel ignored him and nudged him more gently, “So are you guys an item now?”

“I… I don’t know…” Chunji hadn’t contemplated that. He was still wearing the rose tinted glasses after yesterday. “If that was the case…” Chunji looked up apprehensively at Niel.

“Would I be ok with it?” Niel finished his question.

Chunji simple nodded.

“You’re my best friend, Chunji. I only want you to be happy, and it’s so obvious that Byunghun makes you happy.” Niel smiled. “C.A.P is doing a good job at helping me get over whatever twisted feelings had came up. I’m sorry for what happened, hyung.”

“No, don’t be.” Chunji quickly answered. “It’s not like it was the worst phase for you to go through.” He laughed.

Niel rolled his eyes and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter