The Date.

An Old Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was finally Friday and Chunji and Niel had just gotten home from school. Chunji had a date to prepare for and Niel was going over to CAP’s around the same time. Niel hadn’t seen CAP since Tuesday and hadn’t “been with” CAP since Monday night. Chunji assumed Niel would be really eager to get there today.

                    “Niel!” Chunji called as he looked hopelessly at his wardrobe.

                    “Neh, hyung?” Niel called back from the next room.

                    “Can I have your help?”

                    After about a minute of silence Niel was seen in the doorway of Chunji’s bedroom. He had immediately noticed the lost look on Chunji’s face.

                    “Having trouble, hyung?” Niel laughed and came further in the room to look into the wardrobe too.

                    “I just have no idea what to wear.” Chunji explained.

                    Niel sighed and instantly reached for a pair of black jeans, a denim shirt and a grey, speckled sweater and pushed them into Chunji’s arms.

                    “You didn’t exactly give it much thought…” Chunji worried.

                    Niel smiled “I didn’t exactly have to.” He turned to leave the room and go back to whatever he was doing.

                    “Wait Niel could you stay? I’m just going to change into these and then it would be great if you could do my hair.” Chunji said tentatively as he gently caught his roommate’s wrist.

                    Niel turned back, saw Chunji’s hand on his arm and then looked back to Chunji’s face. “Uh… Uh, yeah ok…” Niel said and he walked further into the room and sat at Chunji’s desk chair and played with the ornaments.

                    Chunji mentally slapped himself as he thought he had flustered his best friend by holding his arm. He had been doing so well at acting as though there was no problem that he had forgotten himself. He tried to keep a straight face and threw the clothes onto his bed.

                    He started pulling off his pants and after he was done lay them straight on the bed. Niel couldn’t help himself but peek every now and then and every time he did he regretted it. He was only going to pull himself further and further into his problem but his eyes pulled themselves to watch his best friend changing. Chunji had pulled on the black jeans and was fastening them. Niel was just thankful Chunji dressed one half at time. If he had saw him with only boxers on he thought his mind, or maybe something else, would explode. Chunji then lifted his arms to his shoulder blades and pulled the shirt he was wearing over his head, exposing his back and torso. Niel practically stared but thankfully Chunji never looked up to notice. He was halfway through buttoning up his denim shirt when Niel stood up and walked out of the room. When he came back in he was holding a comb, hair gel and hairspray. Chunji had finally finished dressing and walked over to meet Niel at his desk chair.

                    “I’m guessing you want your hair up?” Niel explained the products.

                    “Do whatever you want with me” Chunji laughed and sat down in the chair while Niel positioned himself behind it.

                    “You probably shouldn’t say that, hyung” Niel laughed, hoping to lighten the mood with a joke. Chunji laughed too but didn’t bother replying.

                    Niel was almost done with Chunji’s hair when Chunji spoke up, “Thanks for helping me out, Niel”

                    “I don’t know why you worry so much… You could wear a potato sack and still go away with 3 girls by the end of the night” Niel replied focusing on tidying up the tall quiff he had made in Chunji’s hair. He then stepped back and smiled at his creation, “and, viola! All done.”

                    “Awesome,” Chunji said as he inspected his hair in his bedroom mirror. “It’s crazy how having you hair up or down can completely change how you look.” Chunji marvelled.

                    “It’s a known fact having you hair back gives you a more rugged look. You saw Mean Girls right?” Niel stood behind Chunji and looked at him in the mirror. He pouted and held onto the sides of Chunji’s head while rolling his head around, “ ‘Your hair looks y pushed back’ “

Niel quoted which earned him an elbow in the stomach. Sure enough it made him let go of Chunji’s head. They were both laughing until Chunji saw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter