A Slight Crush.

An Old Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day so far had gone as it usually did; Chunji tore Niel away from CAP to drive to school, got through 3 of the 4 lessons of school and now it was lunch. Chunji met up with Niel and their other friends on the roof of the school. They were a group of 4 in school Chunji, Niel, Changjo and Ricky. Changjo and Ricky were in the year below but Chunji and Niel didn’t care.

                    Changjo was taller than Niel and was a fitness freak. His abs could cut steel. He was the maknae of the group and this caused him to be pretty quiet to outsiders but he could still throw a good tantrum when he wanted to. Besides his hot-tempered nature his eyes were a gorgeous chocolate brown and he had such a loving smile when he showed it.

                    Ricky was only a few months older than Changjo but you wouldn’t have believed it. Ricky was excitable and always hyperactive as if he were 5 years old. His looks didn’t help his youngster demeanour either. With dark puppy eyes and pouty lips he was the best at aegyo and everyone knew it. He was a little chubbier than the others but everyone in the school loved him. To them he was a lovable teddy bear.

                     Chunji and Niel were known as the school kingkas. Popular, good-looking, smart (Chunji), creative (Niel), hot and cool. They were friends with everyone in school, not best friends – that place was saved for Ricky and Changjo- but at least they had no enemies. They could get any girl, or guy, they wanted with their charms. Even the teachers would swoon when they tried to get out of detentions; admittedly Niel used that technique more than Chunji.

                    Chunji was constantly in the top 5 in the school and was working to go onto study medicine after high school. Niel was not as brainy but has offers from 3 top end performance arts schools. These two would not have thought to be best friends but they clicked in the first year and got an apartment together a year ago. Sure, they weren’t rich but they weren’t poor either.

                    “So how’s fanclub doing?” Changjo asked Chunji who was leaning against a wall with an open biology textbook open on his raised knees. Chunji replied with a sigh and the rolling of his eyes.

                    “I don’t know what you’re talking about, Changjo” Chunji muttered without looking away from the diagram of the human digestive system.

                    “Oh come on!” said Niel as he came to sit shoulder to shoulder with Chunji against the wall. “You can’t say that you don’t notice the teenage girls gathered at the gate when we walk in. They never take their eyes off you” When Niel noticed that Chunji was persisting with ignoring him he nudged a pointy elbow into the reader’s ribs. “Yah Chunji! It’s rude to ignore your friends!” Niel whined.

                    Giving into his best friend’s whining voice, Chunji closes his biology textbook and set it back in his backpack as well as shaking off his blazer and laying it over the top. As he adjusted himself to lie on the cement of the roof he closed his eyes and felt the heat of the bright sun through his thin white shirt. Propping his head up on folded arms behind his head Chunji finally answered a pouting Niel. “Okay, they may have a slight crush on me…”

                    “A slight crush?! Don’t make me laugh hyung.” said Changjo who was focusing on his food, “If following you around for 6 hours a day and having shrines of you in their bedrooms is a slight crush then I’d hate to see what love is to you.” Ricky and Niel laughed along with Changjo. Chunji just rolled his shirt sleeves to his elbows and threw his thin pale arm across his eyes.

                    “Shut up guys, I kind of feel sorry for them. I try to let them down as gently as I can but they always seem to gather more hope.”

                    “Of course they do, all they think

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter