Horror Movie

An Old Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Will you still be going?” Niel asked Chunji as they watched the heavens open through the living room window. The weather had turned from sunny with a slight breeze to pouring rain within a few minutes.

                Today was Saturday, the day Chunji and Byunghun were planning to meet. Chunji glanced at his phone that rested in his hand partly checking the time, it was almost 9a.m., and partly to check for any messages from Byunghun, there weren’t any. Chunji sighed to himself as he turned his attention back to the window and watched rain drops race each other down the glass.

                “Well, I guess our original plans are not an option anymore.” Chunji said, turning away from the weather and to his best friend. “I’ll text him-“

                He was interrupted by a sharp, quick series of knocks on the front door, Niel frowned as Chunji’s eyes widened. The shorter whipped his head back to the window to see a familiar car park outside.

                “He still came.” Chunji murmured to himself until he was torn out of his thoughts by the same knock from earlier.

                Chunji raced to the door to let a very drenched, blonde boy into the warm. He helped the visitor shake off his soaked jacket and draped it across a radiator.

                “You idiot, why did you come here in this weather?” Chunji let out in a chuckle as he grabbed a fresh, fluffy towel from a nearby cupboard.

                “It w-wasn’t raining when I left, it s-started on my way here.” Byunghun replied through chattering teeth. “I’m assuming our p-plans are off?” He asked once he had taken the towel gratefully from the elder.

                “I don’t think going out in this would be the best idea.” Chunji laughed as if it was obvious, “But we could always just stay here and hang out, push our plans to another day.” Chunji offered “I mean, Niel’s boyfriend is coming over, which can get a little intense but you can just close your eyes.” He joked as he passed Niel who was waiting quietly in the doorway of the living room. He gained a prod to the ribs by his roommate.

                Byunghun’s eyes widen at the implication in Chunji’s words and he turned his eyes to Chunji’s roommate. Niel was looking down at his feet instead of sending his usual death glares to the shorter visitor.

                There was a slow, heavy knock on the door behind Byunghun that shocked him enough for him to move away from the door and towards Chunji.

                Chunji laughed at the reaction, “Speak of the devil.”

                Niel walked to the door and quickly opened it letting the large shape of CAP into the already crowded hallway. His arms instantly threw themselves out in an invitation to hug Niel to which Niel flinched away and tried to run away from his drenched boyfriend. Chunji and Byunghun were left watching the couple in their own world of playfulness as Minsoo chased Niel around the small space.

                “Ok, ok, no couple-ness around the singles please” Chunji laughed, effectively stopping the two other men.

                CAP chuckled and shrugged off the coat he was wearing and hung it on a hook. It was only when he turned back to the room when he noticed an unfamiliar face.

                “Oh, Minsoo this is Byunghun. Byunghun this is Minsoo.” Chunji broke the silence.

                “Call me CAP” Minsoo replied with a nod and a smile.

                “Nice to meet you.” Byunghun greeted back politely.

                “Sorry to say, CAP, but our plans got rained out so we’ll be hanging around here.” Chunji explained.

                “Oh right.” CAP shared a look with Niel, “That’s fine.” He smiled reassuringly.

                “What was that look?” Chunji asked, eyes squinted at the look the couple shared. “What were you guys thinking? Actually, no, don’t answer that. I don’t want to know what you were planning for today.” Chunji childishly put his hands over his ears and closed his eyes. “It’s been nice being able to get to sleep without you two making noises until god knows what time everynight.”

                Niel blushed and looked down at his fingers and CAP just chuckled, throwing an arm around his boyfriend’s shoulders.

Chunji continued babbling about random things, gradually getting louder as he couldn’t hear himself. Byunghun laughed and gently placed his cool fingers around Chunji’s wrists effectively making his eyes shoot open and seizing the words pouring from his mouth. Byunghun pulled Chunjis hands down from his ears and laughed at the reaction.

                CAP raised an eyebrow at the interaction and sent a questioning look to his boyfriend. Niel was simply watching them without an emotion tracing over his features. CAP squeezed his shoulders and made Niel look into Minsoo’s eyes, sending a reassuring smile to the other before moving out from under CAP’s arm and shuffling past Byunghun and Chunji into the kitchen. CAP knew Niel’s feelings and decided to step in to make him happier.

 

                The day had been relaxed. Chunji and Byunghun simply talked at the kitchen table until Niel complained about being hungry. Chunji made lunch for everyone and then the two groups continued with their own activities once again. The rain had not seized all day.

     

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter