Detention.

An Old Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally, the last bell of the day had rung and Chunji instantly stuffed his blazer and books into his backpack and went to meet Niel outside the door. Before he could the teacher called his name and reminded him of his detention. Chunji pulled the small crumpled piece of thin paper out of his pocket and groaned as he looked down at it before following his classmates out of the room.

                    “Hey, you ready to go?” asked Niel as soon as Chunji got out of the science classroom. He was just pushing himself off the wall and adjusted his backpack on his shoulder before smiling at a group of girls coming out of the same room as Chunji.

                    “Hey, Niel. Hey, Chunji” The three girls said in unison.

                    “Hi girls” Niel replied with a nod of his head and an impish smile which made the girls blush and scurry off. Chunji, though, had not looked up from the paper in his palm.

                    “Dude, at least say hey to them.” Niel said, turning his attention back to his best friend. “Hey, what’s that? A detention slip? Wow I haven’t seen you get one of those for ages.”

                    “Because I was late” Chunji said with a shrug finally looking up from his hand.

                    “Ah, I was good because my drama teacher’s always late to class anyway.” Niel said obviously avoiding the whole subject of what happened on the roof.

                    Chunji just nodded in reply as he looked at the faces of his peers walking in all different directions.

                    “So, I guess I’ll see you at home?” Niel asked tentatively, trying to pull Chunji’s attention back. This only caused Chunji to frown and look down at the floor once more.

                    “Nah, wait for me, I’ll just get out of it.” Chunji said while leading the way to the detention room.

                    Niel followed and waited patiently as Chunji walked up to the female teacher who was sitting at the desk marking some papers.

                    “Hey, Miss Choi?” Chunji said as softly as he could, causing the female teacher to look up at him through her simple framed glasses.

                    “Lee Chanhee?” she sounded astonished as she pulled her glasses down from her face to get a better look at the school kingka. “W-what are you doing in detention?”

                    “Ah, Miss, you see, there has been a bit of a misunderstanding.” Chunji said rather breathlessly while pulling a hand through his hair. He slid the detention slip he got given by his Biology teacher over her desk, deliberately showing off his thin and graceful fingers in the process. “I may have been a tad late but you must know we all have our reasons to be late every once in a while,” Chunji said with a slight hint of seduction in his voice. He then lifted the hand he was laying on the desk which was capturing the older teacher’s undivided attention and rested it just underneath her chin gently before lifting it so her eyes would meet his expectant ones. “Right, Miss?”

                    “O-of course, Chanhee” she stuttered.

                    Chunji smiled his breath taking smile and after slowly retracting his hand from her jaw she quickly signed the detention slip to say that he had completed the entire hour detention. To thank her, Chunji gave her his catchphrase wink which made her rather uncomfortable in her seat until he had left the room to an awaiting Niel who had watched the whole thing.

                    “You dog, you” Niel said to Chunji and they began to leave the building and head home. “You really pull it out of the bag when you need to, huh?”

                    Chunji shrugged at the observation Niel had made and carried on a completely normal walk home with no mention of what may or may not have happened on the rooftop.

 

                    When they got home Niel took dibs on showering first as he had CAP arriving later on. Chunji went ahead and began preparing dinner for the two of them as Niel washed. Just as the food was being set out on the table Niel emerged from his bedroom, hair still damp. He immediately sat down and started stuffing his face with the food Chunji had made. Chunji also sat down and ate too, opposite his best friend.

                    After a while of eating in silence Chunji thought he should speak up and say something about the scene that has been playing through his mind for a lot of his day. “H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter