Slap

An Old Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The car journey to their school was bearable.

                    Chunji and Byunghun would joke and laugh whereas Niel would glare and scoff. During the 10 minute drive, Chunji had to turn in his passenger seat and give Niel a pointed look, once he noticed Niel’s death glare at the back of Byunghun’s head, a number of times. Niel would just blindly stare back until he rolled his head around on his neck, so his forehead touched the cool glass of the window, and watched the scenery.

                    The school was in sight and Niel couldn’t undo his safety belt fast enough, having to listen to the two other boy’s reminiscing drove him mad. Before the car had fully stopped moving Niel had opened the door, stepped out and slammed the door behind him.

                    Where Byunghun stared, wide-eyed and mouth agape at the actions Chunji just rolled his eyes and smiled in reassurance at the other boy.

                    “You get used to him, I swear.” Chunji said as he unbuckled his seat belt, picked up his bag and opened the side door.

                    “Oh hey, I didn’t get your number.” Byunghun remembered as Chunji had stood up straight outside the car.

                    “Oh right…” Chunji said as he began to fish his phone out of his pocket. Before he could, the shrill school bell rang. “… Could you get it from, umma? I have to go.” Chunji said hurriedly.

                    “Sure, bye.” Byunghun said in a chuckle as Chunji closed the door and walked over to an awaiting, impatient looking, Niel. Byunghun watched as Chunji smiled easily to a group of giggling girls and offered them a wave. As soon as Chunji’s back was facing them they let their faces grow red and their hands to fan their cheeks.

                    Byunghun chuckled at the reaction and was about to carry on out of the school when a couple of girls were walking across the road in front of him. They saw him through the windscreen and instantly planted suggestive smiles onto their faces. They waved flirtingly before walking towards the stone building once more. Byunghun shook his head, laughed at himself and started the car.

 

                    The day had gone slowly for Chunji. Lessons every hour, Niel was sulking and he hadn’t seen Changjo and Ricky all day. He was thanking god that he had only one lesson left of the day until he immediately regretted his decision to turn up.

                    He strolled into the classroom and his eyes were caught by the ducked head covered with black hair at the back of the class.

                    “…” Chunji mumbled to himself as he recognised the girl as Mi-hyun. He had completely forgotten about her. ‘I’m such an .’ He admitted to himself and he flopped down into his usual seat. With Niel’s drama over the weekend and Byunghun turning up he didn’t find any time to talk to or even think about the girl he had spent the previous Friday night with.

                    He tried to focus on the lesson. He tried to take in the biology information that the old man was blurted out at the front of the room but he couldn’t stop his mind from diverting to how to deal with the quiet girl sitting at the back of the class. He risked his eyes glancing in her direction and saw her concentrating on the dull speaker. Chunji sighed and turned his attention back to his blank sheet of paper that should have been full of notes. Before he could start copying his neighbour the school bell rang and Chunji silently despaired to himself.

                    Others stood up and began packing their things away and Chunji slowly followed their actions before bumping up his confidence and heading over to Mi-hyun.

 

                    Niel still felt mad, this feeling hadn’t quite left him all day. Even though he was trying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter